It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking snapshots in WMP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Okay...I know I've done this before and now I can't remember how....

I tried using the PSP6 caputre feature only to get a picture of a big black square....

Help!!

[edit on 12/7/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Alright....I know someone out there has the answer to this one....Or am I just crazy and thinking up a problem with no solution

[edit on 12/8/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

JAK

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hey EnronOutrunHomerun, I have only used PSP 8 and 9, but after going to

File -> Import - > Screen Capture -> Setup

You have three boxes:

Capture : Activate capture using : Options

Under the Capture box you have the options;

Area : Full Screen : Client Area : Window : Object

If all you're getting is a blank square I think this is the area you need to adjust. (I say this because I have had the same problem before and this was the cause in my case.)

I use 'Full screen' but bear in mind that this is to take pictures on the standard desktop and not of anything like DVD snapshots etc. playing through software. When I have tried this I have only ever ended up with a blank square and had to use the screencapture utility of the software.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Jack

[edit on 8/12/04 by JAK]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thanks JAK...I was thinking to myself last night that a screen capture may be the best bet, but I was hoping that wouldn't be the case - lol

It struck me as odd though, b/c I was going through a DVD I made from a trip to the UK and stopped it here and there to capture the image on the screen...and when it popped up in PSP, it had captured the full image - So I saved it and went on....Only after I went through the whole DVD did I try to open one of the files and find the black screen starring back it me....so I know it caught it, but perhaps there was an issue with the format I saved it in...

I never really use PSP for anything except capturing images....now that I see where those options are to play around with the settings, I'll see if that helps...Thanks!!

BTW...Looks like you figured out how to smooth out that sphere....That's one kick ass snow globe

top topics

join