It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #9: UK Anti-Extremist Crack Down, Islamic Atrocities, and the FBI is Sad.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is excellent.

I logged in just to say that.

First class reporting.

Regarding the FBI analogy of locked closets...

I think it should be pretty clear that were talking about being able to look in them without permission, ie having a warrant and looking into the house. These Smart phones are not 'locked'. If a person is arrested in relation to a crime then the police can TURN THE PHONE ON and look at it. Its not locked. Emails are generally not locked. Whilst there are issues of passwords etc, general communication is not encrypted otherwise it wouldnt be of any use to the user. Most criminals are not James Bond agents. Most of them can barly figure technology out, THATS WHY THEY ARE CRIMINALS. The ability to look into peoples closets without telling the owners at anytime is wrong. The idea that the FBI want to preserve that ability just shows how evil they are.
edit on 5-10-2014 by brookster18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Conveniently at someone else's expense - because we all know how American's tend to react when someone has the temerity to rip the piss out of them.

Maybe its me and I'm tired and being unusually overly serious, or maybe I'm still a bit raw after the recent referendum debates and countless Americans claiming long lost Scottish heritage no matter how tenuous and screaming 'Freeeeeedom' at every opportunity.

I thought the video was otherwise quite good and made some good points.

Agreed, the second the "Scots tell the Brits what to do with this" nonsense started, I began to fade.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: idmonster
Agreed, the second the "Scots tell the Brits what to do with this" nonsense started, I began to fade.

The end is indeed nigh, the Scots lost their sense of humor.

In other news, in tomorrow's episode, we're looking at the War on Drugs.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Its exactly that hell bent attitude that has rendered the government completely useless the USA is in a nose dive

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join