It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family that had direct contact with patient zero (ebola) are allowed to stay in their apartment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Ha! didn't even think of that...good one..

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's completely obvious to me that this has spun out of control. Medical personnel Undermanned, understaffed, ill-informed, and bogged down with bureaucratic BS and departmental control breaking down.

Air carriers are arriving hourly from West Africa, no inspections at departure or arrival and people panicking and leaving the infected countries in droves, headed home to all parts of the world.

Behold a pale horse...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: chrismarco

I did, but I'm thinking ahead.

So, you quarantine the immediates, and they get ill. Then you start doing the same to the ones they came in contact with ... it snowballs until you have a ton of beds taken up.

You can only get this stuff if you come in direct contact with the person when the symptoms are showing...they were in direct contact with patient zero...the kids at the school were not because they didn't live at the house..

The kids that did live at the house did come in contact with other kids but they did not show symptoms of the virus so the kids as school would be fine...the kids who lived with patient zero may not show symptoms for another ten to 15 days so although they may look like nothing is wrong the symptoms may surface.

You are thinking ahead but you are over reacting...if they just quarantined the people in the house at a hospital there would be no conversation now but they didn't. The other side is if the hospital took the necessary precautions things would also be different at this point but they didn't so here we are..how do we slow or stop the spread...maybe we can slow it long enough for some more medication to be produced...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It's completely obvious to me that this has spun out of control. Medical personnel Undermanned, understaffed, ill-informed, and bogged down with bureaucratic BS and departmental control breaking down.

Air carriers are arriving hourly from West Africa, no inspections at departure or arrival and people panicking and leaving the infected countries in droves, headed home to all parts of the world.

Behold a pale horse...

YES!!!!! But to some on here it means we've already lost...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I had a professor in college who was studying the spread of SAR's in conjunction with a University in Norway, what they discovered is that in the USA they will simply quarantine whole cities, if they think the problem is bad. In contrast European countries try their best to get the specific people whom could be infected, into individual quarantine, before they get to the point of having to quarantine a whole city. That's why it seems loosey-goosey right now because if it gets bad, they will write of a whole city. America is the last developed (1st world) nation you want to be in if there is some kind of epidemic.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: boohoo
I had a professor in college who was studying the spread of SAR's in conjunction with a University in Norway, what they discovered is that in the USA they will simply quarantine whole cities, if they think the problem is bad. In contrast European countries try their best to get the specific people whom could be infected, into individual quarantine, before they get to the point of having to quarantine a whole city. That's why it seems loosey-goosey right now because if it gets bad, they will write of a whole city. America is the last developed (1st world) nation you want to be in if there is some kind of epidemic.

Uh... the U.S. is doing that which you said European countries would do. Have you missed that? What would you expect any government to do if it reaches epidemic level?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I suppose this has been suggested already, but I would suspect that they are considered as an excellent "test case" for how Ebola will be transmitted in American society given the known details of how the main subject was infected and when he showed signs of being contagious, etc. They are "lab rats."

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Leaving them in their home gives them some feeling of control over the situation, and it leaves the rest of the people who may have been exposed some feeling of control, too. Again, you don't want people to panic and start running because they think they'll be imprisoned.

So long as no one is ill, there is no reason they cannot stay in their own home where everything is familiar to them. Thinking they may have contracted a deadly illness is already going to be stressful enough.

Trust me, I was once under a voluntary quarantine when I was exposed to hepatitis and had to self-quarantine until I was out of the incubation period.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How about quarantine in the hospital or CDC???

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

yes quarantine them in a hospital...

Mental note: Send chrismarco an application for employment as a Hospital Aide - changing bedsheets, cleaning rooms, bringing food trays, wiping butts, emptying bed pans, etc.

More aides are going to be needed.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mrs.Peony

How about quarantine in the hospital or CDC???

Quarantining people to the privacy of their own homes greatly, greatly reduces the risk of exposure to other people.

No need for workers to handle their affairs. They can do their own laundry, cook their own meals, be the only ones to touch any surface in the quarantined zone, etc etc.

... Unless of course you think these people are standing at their front doors spitting at everyone who walks by.

I don't understand how some of you are not seeing the obvious reason as to why it's the smarter idea to force quarantine of suspected ebola cases to their homes rather than a facility run and operated by hundreds of other people ?

If these people are not sick (yet) and still capable of doing everything for themselves, why risk exposure to other people unnecessarily during the waiting/incubation period ?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Two things I would like to add..

1) are we going to now admit that "FEMA camps" are real, and had a very specific purpose from the start ?

2) are we going to get to a point where we are frightened enough to send people there, effectively designating people as cattle to be rounded up

PS: I am aware people are being quarantined at home right now but what happens when infection spreads and it cannot be contained this way ? Also I know no one wants to get infected and/or die, but what a convenient way to bring us all further apart, by creating an enemy within our social circles, and causing us to fear one another to the point of longer viewing each other as human beings.
edit on 3-10-2014 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2014 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

You make it sound like they are cripple. They can change all that stuff themselves. What do you thinks going to happen should be Ebola was be present?

Sounds like you are suggesting they die in their apartments.
edit on 3-10-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

You make it sound like they are cripple. They can change all that stuff themselves.

What do you thinks going to happen should be Ebola was be present? Sounds like you are suggesting they die in their apartments.

When you get submitted into a hospital under quarantine, you cannot freely walk around the hospital using its facilities to cook your own food, or do your own laundry, etc. You are quarantined into a room all by yourself with the inability to leave that room under any circumstances. Hospital workers have to tend to your every need.

I guess this explains why you think these people need to be quarantined in hospital.

You're not understanding the fact that these people aren't actually sick yet. They're being quarantined to wait out the incubation period to see if they actually do have ebola or not.

Once they actually do start getting sick (if they do), that's when they get transported to a hospital so that nurses, doctors, and hospital aides can tend to them. But until that time, they wait it out in their homes under mandatory supervised quarantine. Not only is it the more humane thing to do, it's the smarter thing to do in terms of less risk of exposure to others as well as less use of public resources.

If you quarantine into a hospital anyone and everyone who's suspected of ebola before the sickness actually kicks in (if it does at all), you're going to run out of room, health care workers, and resources real fast.

You're being short-sighted and not understanding the ramifications of what you're saying.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Quarantine them even if someone has to wipe their arse....once again you are muddying my words around...these people had direct contact living in the same house with this person...

I'm not being short sighted you are being far to liberal...so who's to stop some nitwit from sneaking out with the virus if one assumes like you that they may not be infected at all...this is very frustrating...if it gets out of hand hundreds of people get sick then I get your concern...but right now it's three people so quarantine them so they do not infect more...

And I get that they (CDC) are waiting for the incubation period to expire...I GET IT...that does not change my opinion for this particular circumstance...

edit on 4-10-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join