It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola 'could become airborne': United Nations warns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TravisBickle451

Um...what do you all mean it's now time to do this and that?

You should've always been conscious of hygiene and such. You all are just feeding and getting giddy over the hype

Hygiene isn't going to matter if a virus of that magnitude becomes airborne. Washing your hands will not protect you from something that can be inhaled freely in the air or contained in droplets that you can inhale if someone coughs or even shouts loudly while standing right next to you. Tuberculosis taught us that lesson quite handily...still does, even to this day. But TB can be cured; Ebola cannot. So if this organism is really airborne, I think it's pretty safe to say that it goes beyond "hype", and becomes a real and serious threat, and as such, belies the idea that being concerned about it can be dismissed as being unwarranted in any way.

1gid·dy adjective \ˈgi-dē\
: playful and silly

: feeling or showing great happiness and joy

: causing dizziness

I don't know about anyone else, but I can tell you that when I think of the impact of a potential airborne Ebola epidemic, the very last thing I feel is "giddy". Know what I mean?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

They will make their Bio Weapon go airborne. All this 'It could Go Airborne' bull is to hide the fact that's what they will be making it do!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Who's to say we can't restrict flights coming to the US from Africa, and still allow aid/supplies to be transported there?

Me thinks they are more worried about the loss of revenue than they are controlling the disease.

Big business won't have to worry about revenue or profits if Ebola takes hold internationally.

The logic and foresight of large international corporations are very short-sighted.

I do agree that Africa as a nation needs to be quarantined until Ebola has run it's course.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

According to experts, viruses rarely if ever change their mode of transmission. If they did, we would have airborne HIV and herpes. This virus may become aerosolized over short distances by a sneeze, but I dont think its going airborne anytime soon. What everyone SHOULD be doing is frequent hand washing. We should be doing that regardless of ebola.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
and people with a doctorate a tell us ebola would have to go through so many changes to become airborne and still be ebola. Its highly unlikely it becomes airborne.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

I do agree that Africa as a nation needs to be quarantined until Ebola has run it's course.

Africa is a Continent, not a nation!

There could be some logistical problems quarantining AFRICA. Like who is going to enforce the quarantine? I wouldn't expect them to do it voluntarily...
edit on 4-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
No proof just a theory.

IMO- I think the symptoms are more similar to radiation poisoning than the standard ebola virus.
If the rich countries were shipping the radioactive waste to poor African countries and just now the containers started to leak I am sure than the people who were paid off would create a cover story.

Call me jaded but whenever the media is force feeding the public a scare story I start thinking of anything but the MSM story that would fit the clues.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

similar to radiation poisoning than the standard ebola virus. i assume u mean the projectile vomit and uncontroled Diarea??

if Radiation there would be significant hair lose as well, and the white cell count would be easily identified.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Yes, and the internal organ damage/bleeding.

You are right about the hair and tooth loss. Still my big red flag is if the TPTB are pushing one story the truth is something else.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

but u forgot the most radiante of all,,the sun.
Has recent X flare activitiy, effected the sub atomic structure of a basic virus protien?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The only things likely to be standing between us and airborne ebola, if not now then soon, are a few panes of glass in some biological weapons lab in any one of several countries.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Taken from the "Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professionals."

Ebola virus disease, an infection caused by a species of ribonucleic acid viruses of the Filovirus genus. There are four identified subtypes of Ebola virus. The usually lethal disease is characterized by hemorrhage and fever. The natural reservoir and method of transmission of primary infections are unknown, but secondary infection is by direct contact with infectious blood or other body secretions, in research settings, or by AIRBORNE particles. The incubation period ranges from 2 to 21 days. Initial symptoms include high fever, headache, chills, myalgia, sore throat, red itchy eyes, and malaise. Later symptoms include severe abdominal pain, chest pain, bleeding, shock, vomiting, diarrhea, Maculopapular rash may occur in some patients. Treatment is supportive; in nearly 90% of cases, death occurs within 1 week.

I decided to take the ole textbooks out from nursing school. In this medical dictionary, it stats that Ebola is in fact, airborne.

edit on 4-10-2014 by Lovelyful because: Was corrected on another thread on the difference between an airborne PARTICLE and and airborne DISEASE, sorry for the confusion.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
a reply to: BobAthome

Yes, and the internal organ damage/bleeding.

You are right about the hair and tooth loss. Still my big red flag is if the TPTB are pushing one story the truth is something else.

OK SO U LIKE opps caps on,

Is Duncan Dead or Alive?,, why no News Team be allowed too send out live feed from a safe distance,,im sure there are camera's on him ,, on there Servers,,

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011
a reply to: Merinda

Ebola already is airborne, although the airborne transmission is not efficient. Still, becoming efficiently airborne does not involve 'changing' it's mode of transmission, just improving it. Which is why the US Department of Defence and the Filovirus Medical Countermeasures Workshop people want a vaccine that's effective against aerosol exposure to Ebola, and protective for at least one year.

Challenges, Progress, and Opportunities: Proceedings of the Filovirus Medical Countermeasures Workshop

….The DoD seeks a trivalent filovirus vaccine that is effective against aerosol exposure and protective against filovirus disease for at least one year.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: soficrow

Sofi, I think that particular bias misses the unique nexus that exists between Liberia and the US. There is a huge Liberian expat population here- more than 100,000. In fact, at least two Liberian heads of state were born here.

There's a lot of travel back and forth in this group that has little to do with the oil or mineral trade.

Bias? As I quoted elsewhere, Liberia, a nation founded by descendants of freed American slaves. Seems likely this history (and US connections) helped build an economy based on the oil and mineral trade.

On a related note, I was thinking about Blood Diamonds yesterday but don't have time to research right now.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Now the WHO is backtracking on the warning made by Anthony Banbury, chief of the UN’s Ebola mission. Looks political to me.

PS. Banbury warned Ebola could mutate to become airborne - he did NOT say it already is airborne.

WHO: Not an airborne virus

Ebola virus disease is not an airborne infection. Airborne spread among humans implies inhalation of an infectious dose of virus from a suspended cloud of small dried droplets.

This mode of transmission has not been observed during extensive studies of the Ebola virus over several decades.

Common sense and observation tell us that spread of the virus via coughing or sneezing is rare, if it happens at all. Epidemiological data emerging from the outbreak are not consistent with the pattern of spread seen with airborne viruses, like those that cause measles and chickenpox, or the airborne bacterium that causes tuberculosis.

Theoretically, wet and bigger droplets from a heavily infected individual, who has respiratory symptoms caused by other conditions or who vomits violently, could transmit the virus – over a short distance – to another nearby person.

This could happen when virus-laden heavy droplets are directly propelled, by coughing or sneezing (which does not mean airborne transmission) onto the mucus membranes or skin with cuts or abrasions of another person.

….No evidence that viral diseases change their mode of transmission

Moreover, scientists are unaware of any virus that has dramatically changed its mode of transmission. For example, the H5N1 avian influenza virus, which has caused sporadic human cases since 1997, is now endemic in chickens and ducks in large parts of Asia.

That virus has probably circulated through many billions of birds for at least two decades. Its mode of transmission remains basically unchanged.

Speculation that Ebola virus disease might mutate into a form that could easily spread among humans through the air is just that: speculation, unsubstantiated by any evidence.

This kind of speculation is unfounded but understandable as health officials race to catch up with this fast-moving and rapidly evolving outbreak.

To stop this outbreak, more needs to be done to implement – on a much larger scale – well-known protective and preventive measures. Abundant evidence has documented their effectiveness.

edit on 10/10/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join