It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headlong, Headstrong, A Journey Through Madness Back To Where I Belong

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Hi Puddin'.

Missed you.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Didn't know you very well .... Have missed you avatar here on ATS, as I

often saw it on the boards!! Any way >>>>

WELCOME HOME !!

edit on 2-10-2014 by eletheia because: correction

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
WELCOME BACK HEFF!!!
Many of us have truly missed you around here, because despite the journey you undertook and what lead you down that road, you have a charismatic personality that is not easily forgotten. Especially here on ATS.
Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Brother, you have been missed.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Imagine my shock when I went to the public library in the town I had been taken to for the first time, logged into Facebook to check messages only to discover that there was a group called "Where is Heff?" that had quite a few members and who were doing everything that they could ( much much more than law enforcement even thought about doing ) to try and solve the mystery.

Yes, I can imagine that was quite a surprise. As I've said previously. ATS is a bit like Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. So we were duty bound to find you and bring you back.

It's good to have you back, Heff.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Like many members I also wondered where a Mod disappears to. I thank you for your brutal candour. Speaking as someone who suffers (to a much lesser degree than you I believe, although of course I could be insanely wrong!) from some kind of condition I hope will never be diagnosed (I "control" my aberrations as best I can with the resources I have at hand, none of which are healthy), it is refreshing to know that we are not alone. I mean that in all sincerity.

Your story is an inspiring look at how things work, and sometimes don't and how people try to overcome.

Regardless, welcome home.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I love your title and your story. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Welcome back.

And just in time for Walking Dead!! LOL!

Seriously though, you have been missed.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I seem to recall a few questions about your whereabouts at one point in time, glad you found your way back the more the merrier!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Haven't read the OP yet, but I will. I am just too excited to finally see you back!!!

Welcome home John, we missed you.

BTW- you owe us one hell of an electric bill for leaving the lights on for you....

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Epic tale Heff! I am very happy to have you back on the boards, and even more so, back in the world! Whatever in our path that leads us astray, as unwelcomed as it may be, is usually recognized in hindsight as one of those defining moments that shapes the "better you". I know the stigma you fight all to well and am envious of your bravery!

Welcome back old friend! Knowing is half the battle!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It is SO GOOD to see you and hear that you made it through what sounds like a very rough time! Big hugs and kisses to you!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
HEFF!!!!! I am so incredibly happy to see you back on the boards. In fact I'm all verklempt. Consider yourself virtually hugged and heartily welcomed. I had wondered if you would ever find your way back here.

I am aware to some degree of the complexity of the mental health system. I look forward to hearing your well informed take on it, and to reading your short stories.

I know you don't know me very well, but I've been sending good thoughts your way and am really happy for your recovery.

Peace,

AB

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Heff, you and I haven't had much interaction, but I do remember you. Your posts have made me laugh on many occasions in the past. So happy you are feeling so much better. Ah yes. PTSD and Depression are a Bear!

My best,
liw

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Welcome home Heff

I think we all knew that after your last thread it would be a long road to recovery. I'm not going to pretend to know what you've been through, but I am glad you made it through and are recovered.

I'm also glad to hear you are back in touch with your RL family as well as us here on ATS.

You more than most, if not all of the members know what an amazing community ATS is, and why we defend it so fiercely to our friends. It's great to see your AV again man, you've been missed.

So having survived one nut house, you willingly chose to come back to this one ? The mind boggles LOL

Cody

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yay, Heff is back! Bacon sandwiches all around! Welcome back, friend. It is great to see you, and thanks for sharing your stories with us. 'No telling how many people they help but I'm guessing it's quite a few.

Cheers!

Grace

ETA: Cody, what on earth is that on your shoulder?

edit on 10/2.2014 by graceunderpressure because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Welcome back! Can't wait for some good threads and responses, because they have been missed by many.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You were dearly missed

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Missed you Heff! Sending many hugs your way.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

originally posted by: spirit_horse

So, are you saying the cured you of liberalism? Now that would be quite the transformation my friend.

Cheers

Actually the experience cemented many aspects of my liberalism, and killed off a few other parts of it. There is so much misinformation about things like mental health units and shelters floating around that I spent an entire year having to reevaluate much of what I thought I knew.

An example. The "Community Home". Zero government ( tax ) dollars. I paid $1,250.00 per month to share a room with three others ( for roughly half that time ) and The United Way and private donors matched that for a total of $2,500.00 per month. Nineteen rooms, four beds per room... All this in what was obstensibly a "non profit". Problem was I am fairly good with math and their income by far and away exceeded their costs.

In short, my politics got a LOT more complicated.

That is one huge part of many problems, really the easier word for it all is greed.

Welcome back, I am so happy when i hear someones treatment helped them! My brother was where you have been but died at age 42. He was hospitalized a few times but nothing helped as he turned to drugs.

You have something in that people like you, a lot of people like you! Some of us are not so well liked nor would we be missed if we went missing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join