It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii's Queens Hospital Has "Possible" Ebola Patient

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Queen's Hospital in Hawaii is reporting they have a patient in isolation. The patient hasn't been tested for it as of Wednesday afternoon.

Queen's Hospital Isolates "Possible" Ebola Patient

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The state Department of Health has confirmed a patient at Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu is currently in isolation, and officials have not ruled out the possibility that the person may have contracted the Ebola virus. A male who was checked in to the hospital on Wednesday morning is currently undergoing testing for several conditions, Health Department officials said. The patient had not yet been tested for the Ebola virus late Wednesday afternoon. .

Hawaii Patient

Didn't see it on the search so if someone beat me, mods please delete it. Could be another case of Ebola, who knows?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I certainly hope not. This thing is really starting to make me nervous and that's saying a lot.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Right.

So they're putting potential infections in quarantine. When the last case wasn't initially quarantined, people here moaned.

Things are still under control. Easy with the mongering.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TravisBickle451

Question...where is there any "mongering" in this thread?

Is it mongering for the OP to bring this worthy news story to ATS? Just wondering.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Start playing this at work. It's got a catchy beat and graphic pictures of what Ebola can do to the human body.

Remember y'all, it takes only one Ebola virion (virus particle) to fully infect a human host. It takes roughly 4000 influenza virions to get you during flu season.

Don't touch your friend
Ebola ... Ebola in town ...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

They've been doing it for awhile. Possible case? Ebola test and isolation. Fear mongering works, there's no doubt. It's up to us to utilize our emotions properly. Fear can and will be encountered in each of us, but there's a time and place for it. My intention with this thread was not to frighten people but to inform ATS about the recent development (I saw it on Google News' results 52 seconds after it hit their site).

In my near-constant lurking of news sites, both conservative, liberal, religious, alternative, big state propaganda, I found it's now on Drudge which links to KHON2 (a local Hawaiian news source).

Ebola A Possibility In Isolated Patient

Do not panic. Be vigilant. Panic obscures vigilance and overshadows rationality. Diluted vigilance leads to irresponsibility, complacency, fear.

Bickle, my man what would The Wizard say? He'd say "Don't panic, Travis. You'll lose your head."

Charlie T would just sit back and read his book, probably chime in occasionally.

Easy Andy would scoff at Ebola and just sell you a gun shhh shhh

Snarl: Lately my pandemic theme song has been Anthrax's Among The Living. Used to be this:

edit on 1-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I heard that track on the vice doc. The picture of the kid with blisters that says ebola outbreak is actually small pox. There are several real ebola pics in there though.

I believe the reason it only takes one Ebola virion as opposed to many Influenza virion is because Ebola completely evades the immune system. It doesn't react in time, then, apparently, over reacts. Also Ebola is a large virus I think - but I doubt that has much to do with it, just worth noting.
edit on 2-10-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Sorry, but it is quite obviously not under control. Wish it was...

From the Ebola charts thread

And the CDC, WHO, and many leading epidemiologists have all released their own projections recently showing they expect this exponential rate of growth to continue for the foreseeable future unless monumental efforts can be made to control the growth.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Oh.. It's definitely not under control in Africa (though Nigeria isn't doing as bad - or are doing really damn good at covering it up). It's pretty much critical mass in Africa. As for the US.. I think we will be okay. I think we will see at least one or two secondary infections from patient zero and that's it. If we see a few dozen then it's time to be concerned.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

I hope you're right, and you may very well be. But you might want to read this post I made in one of the Dallas Ebola threads about what it took for the family to even get the man admitted into the hospital in Dallas:

Nephew Had to Call The CDC and Beyond

It doesn't instill great confidence. Hopefully the nephew's actions averted a larger outbreak. We won't know for up to 3 weeks. And with the rate of spread in Africa, there will almost certainly be more patient 0's in the US in coming weeks and months. I'm not convinced they won't have a similar experience, and they might not have such a responsible person to take the initiative.

Who knows, maybe this patient in Hawaii is another patient 0. Won't know until test results are back, or possibly follow-up test results.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

The frequency of subsequent infection is crucial. Africa gets some relief that's travel related. The U.S. won't get that break.

I agree with something else, too. ikonoklast used the words, "monumental efforts" but I think TPTB ruled them out.

What's bothered me is the one-foot-in one-foot-out PTB dialogue the MSM keep printing. The diction is so carefully crafted/scripted/delivered. We get an exact measure and the talking head departs.

Every time I see one of these threads pop up ... I appreciate ATS and the ability to say what's really on our minds.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Hi. thanks for the post but you are supposed to be updating all 'possibles' into this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This way we can all see what's going on in one place instead of multiple Threads!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
From our local news with video included. link

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
FYI-- Ebola ruled out for HI patient

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyRunner360
FYI-- Ebola ruled out for HI patient

What's your source on that?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

Ruled out. Phew.

khon2.com...

The Hawaii Department of Health has ruled out Ebola in a Honolulu patient.

The patient was in isolation and undergoing testing at Queen’s Medical Center.

edit on 2-10-2014 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Can't edit my OP as I've exceeded the maximum edit time.

KHON2 has ruled it out as UFO1414 pointed out.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

There were also quarantined people in 2 other states (including my home state - home state people tested negative, but i hope they tested them for a few days as it was only an hour and half from my parents house and an infection may not show up on initial testing).

I think that people have ripped on the Dallas hospital's reaction enough that other hospital's will try not to make that mistake. I think it's so strange that other hospitals are isolating people left and right and then this hospital that has the first real case does a terrible job.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Good luck with your parents. I would say currently the risk is extremely low, though I doubt things will stay that way.

I see news reports of hospitals allegedly testing people and almost immediately declaring tests negative. Sometimes a negative test has been claimed within hours of a person first manifesting possible symptoms. That makes me wonder if their 'test' only consisted of asking two questions: "Have you traveled to west Africa recently?" and "If so, have you been in close contact with anyone who had Ebola?"

As you mentioned, it often takes days after a person becomes symptomatic before an actual test would even show positive symptoms. And it normally takes days to get test results. As of earlier this week, the CDC said that 90+ possible Ebola cases had been reported to them but they had only tested 13.

new topics

top topics

join