It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop All Flights Coming From AFRICA Now!!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

You're from the UK I see. Well, if America did get a huge Ebola outbreak, rest assured, it would also effect the UK along with Canada seeing how many Brits and Canadians come and go from America. So this isn't only "about America". Its also about YOU.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DestroyDestroyDestroy
It's not easy to get infected with Ebola in it's current infectious state. Stop getting baited by media fearmongering. The reason it's running rampant in the Africa's has more to do with poor public health and a lack of education regarding the illness than it does the illness itself. I mean, there are dumbf***s over there who raid and ransack Ebola clinics, pillaging bedsheets, pillows, and mattresses used to nurse sick patients. They think that Ebola is a hoax, so they behave recklessly like idiots and get Ebola.

We have literally nothing to worry about here in the states. As long as people maintain decent hygiene and don't smother themselves in bio-hazard medical waste, they'll be fine.

^

originally posted by: Vrill
You and some others are going by what Ebola used to be during its original outbreak in the 1970s. Its a very antiquated way of thinking about Ebola. Viruses and diseases tend to mutate over time and gain other properties and ways of contracting them.

So for me personally, I take the original thought process of how Ebola used to be with a grain of salt until we know for sure.

Besides, we have no clue how Ebola will manifest in different regions of the world. It *could* act differently being in a whole different environment/setting.

edit on 2-10-2014 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Yes, I know that. But the talk on here is that Ebola is some weaponised strain designed to strike America.

I'm just pointing out how ridiculous this website sounds when every world event is presented as either being created by or aimed at the United States. It's as pathetic as it is absurd.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

Sorry then fine sir, my bad. I misinterpreted what you meant originally. My apologies.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vrill

You do know the Liberian that became ill in the US came from Brussels right? So you are requesting that every airline stop flights to an ENTIRE continent of 47 countries because a few thousand people in 3/4 countries have Ebola.
We would have to stop all flights from everywhere if those countries decided to continue flights to Africa. Not to mention you would be impeding the right to travel to billions of people.

Now do you understand how absurd that is. You and many others are WAY over reacting to this virus. There are many deadly viruses out there that you are much more likely to catch. Ebola is not very contagious. Yes it's got a high mortality rate, but people fear it because it's so visible.

Just stay away from other people's bodily fluids and you will be cool.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Have you considered the possibility that certain people have already been vaccinated.

Your'e in a westernized country, you get a bad case of the flu, your local doctor asses you, looks at a computer and gives you a certain prescription. If you don't have private health insurance, well you get this prescription, oh you have private health insurance then you can have this prescription.........

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

What you call absurd, I and many others, call being cautious.

So one mans absurd is another mans cautious? I guess

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Sure thing! Let's stop all the flights and put a whole continent on lock down. I can see where you are trying to go with this but have you thought about people that leave Africa NOT on a plane. What you going to do about someone who is in Africa, takes a trip across the Mediterranean into Europe and then flies from Europe to another continent. What about all the air cargo going backwards and forward to America, you want to put a halt on all the trade as well ? Come on it's not as easy as to just stopping flights

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

Certain people are already vaccinated? Who would that be? And yeah, if people are pre-vaccinated, its the Elite.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Should have been down 3 months back... I fear i could be too late!

If it starts spreading in Dallas... look out for a 'Walking dead' Scenario.

It's not here in the UK as far as I know but if people are still flying back and forth without any responsibility or half a brain, it won' be long...,

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiteNGale2

And, there are no direct flights from Brussels to Dallas. He had to stop at another location to end up in Dallas. London, Ontario, Chicago, and Philly are among possible connecting airports for that leg of his travels. I've not read what other airport he passed through yet though.

nope! He went from 'Brussels' to 'Washington' and then to 'Dallas'.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

To make you afraid. GIp is a good example of how easy the so called awakened people are manipulated. Shows they arent so different from sheeps. Just give them something that suggest their very little lives might in danger and there you got, hysteria. Mature people are in control of their emotions, those that are not are a #ing pain.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

To answer your question: The Ebola epidemic needs to be stopped in West Africa before it mutates to become airborne. Travel restrictions make it virtually impossible to get resources in where they're needed - but still allow private business travel, which is much more dangerous.

Why hasn’t the U.S. closed its airports to travelers from Ebola-ravaged countries?

....Travel restrictions make fighting Ebola much harder:

......Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone are already economically isolated because this epidemic has spread far wider and lasted much longer than any other Ebola outbreak in history. What those countries need most now is assistance from the world.

More flight restrictions will only make it more difficult for life-saving aid and medical professionals to reach West Africa. The restrictions already in place have proved so problematic that U.S. military forces are building an "air bridge" to get health workers and medical supplies to affected areas.

"Any discontinuation of transport will affect humanitarian aid, doctors, nurses and human resources entering the country, the transfer of biological sampling and equipment for hospitals," Daniel Menucci, a representative for the World Health Organization Travel and Transport Task Force, said in August. “All of this needs international transporting, international airlines. This will create more problems in helping the countries most affected.”

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I always wondered why we hadnt built emergency screening and quarantine airports. I would think its common sense for the world and us today that the US would need to set up or recommission a large enough airport with sea port incorporated as emergency facilities for situations such as this.

One or two of each on each coast.

Every country should have one or two.
edit on 10 2 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Maybe its time to set up infection check points near the boat-plane and as much work as it may be border entrances and exits that can identify the ill. Could perhaps use the Japanese testing system... And or come up with some aerosol like identifier agent that changes the air color or smell if not the objects color that may have the virus on surface...

Ebola Outbreak: Japan Develops 30-Minute 'Simpler' Test To Quickly Diagnose Deadly Virus

www.ibtimes.com...

NAMASTE*******
edit on 10/2/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Did anyone else see the CNN interview with Mary Schiavo, formerly of the FAA? I'm looking for the video from this morning.

She said that there is NO WAY to really decontaminate an airplane. She said that servicing the plane requires all kinds of activity that is impossible to decontaminate due to the caustic nature of the cleaners and the delicate nature of the electronics. Plus the fast turn around.

She insisted that we are thinking about it all wrong, that's it's not just the people but the plane itself that needs to be decontamintated and that, if we can't do that, we need to stop plane travel from the effected areas.

It was pretty damn compelling.

What if some baggage handler is sick and shedding the virus in his sweat onto luggage? What about the cleaning crew? Or those loading the beverage cart, etc?

edit on 10/2/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Here's a transcript:
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: kosmicjack
Here's a transcript:
edition.cnn.com...

COSTELLO: Mary, do you envision a time in the near future, maybe if we see another Ebola case, let's say in Boston or some other city in the United States, that the travel ban, or at least a partial ban, might be implemented?

MARY SCHIAVO, CNN AVIATION ANALYST: Well, absolutely. And it's just a matter of common sense. We see people in moon suits telling us not to worry and fly the world. But what they don't understand is the nature of an aircraft. And let me draw a parallel to the ambulance in Texas. The ambulance in Texas took this gentleman to the hospital who has Ebola. The ambulance is then taken out of service and they are scrubbing the school where these five little children went, in moon suits, to take any precautions. You cannot do that to an aircraft. An aircraft is a $350 million flying computer, and there's no way to disinfect the seats, there's no way to disinfect the bathrooms and you're forgetting about the people who work in the belly of the plane, who load it, who service it. It is a trajectory through which the virus can be transported and you can't clean it. And that's the problem, an aircraft is not an ambulance, and you just can't do that.

COSTELLO: So what are you suggesting, Mary? Should there be some sort of ban or a partial ban be put into place?

SCHIAVO: Yes. Absolutely, and it should be a ban on the aircraft. We should suspend service to those infected areas. Yes, people can still travel to Brussels and travel to the United States, but it's not possible for us to contain it on the aircraft. You're focusing on the people and I think we need to focus on the actual service providing instruments, the aircraft, the services, the things that go on the aircraft. So, yes, I think a ban is in place and it should have been put in place long ago. Like I said, they're standing there in moon suits telling us it's OK to get on the plane. It's not. No common sense.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The conditioning to accept this thing has been out there for ages. The Strain and Contagion of recent have been adding fuel to the paranoid fire. The Strain concludes next week - imagine that! Outbreak comes to mind as well, but that was a 90s Dustin Hoffman tour de force so most people didn't take "are you trying to seduce me mrs. robinson" to heart. The timing of the Strain is incredible though, you have to admit.

I've said it all on the threads of Ebola on ATS...ITS BEEN HERE. This is a manmade thing, and it just didn't get to the states. Whatever they tell us they knew damn well its been here at least a year. Think of timing versus release of information. AIDS was killing white boys in 1978 but nothing was really said publicly until around 1981 in the independent press. What we have is a combination of dishonesty from our government, corporations, and news outlets to provoke fear and panic so they can declare marshall law, or some other restrictive repressive bull#.

Ebola, is looking just like the AIDS Pandemic to me. People are going on and on about "countries not giving Africa help" but face facts - AFRICA HAS BEEN THE TESTING GROUND FOR THESE AGENTS SINCE DAY ONE. Like AIDS, Ebola has been specifically targeted for a certain demographic, and like AIDS it will mutate in kind with a little help from the lab. Think of how AIDS went out there and eventually was mutated and the conspiracies and proven facts around it. France had a cure and the US sued them to prevent them from releasing it. My father still argues they were experimenting with it on them in the Nam with it.

If people think this just "happened", they need to check the Tuskeegee Experiment, and look at the protocols behind the AIDS drugs in the 1960s first. Look at why they go and drop these things on black people first, and then spread it out to the rest once its been perfected. (AIDS is an anomaly, the white gay guys getting it was really to kill their movement and eradicate their protesting in public but that is another story and France proved the strain they got was genetically different than the ones black people were infected with).

Wash rinse and repeat people.

Remember the alleged Patient Zero AIDS guy. He was flying all over the place too right????

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thank god for obamacare! Amirite?
ehh? Yeah???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join