It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Florida officer Tasers 62-year-old black woman in the back as she walks away

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What the cop did was wrong, but I can imagine how frustrating it must be to get harassed by racist, cop-hating, drama queens every time you try to do your job.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Oh come on people that lady resisting assault by physical restraint deserved every bit of that.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

But this type of comment is not race baiting right?

If you think it is not please explain to me how it is not. What do you know about this lady that we do not?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
What the cop did was wrong, but I can imagine how frustrating it must be to get harassed by racist, cop-hating, drama queens every time you try to do your job.

Gee...I wonder why they are so hated? Can't imagine why.

Sarcasm off. They deserve the vitriol they get.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

yeah you are right. Guess I was raised to respect authority. If I happened upon an active police scene and was told to stay back I would.

Surely it will work out well to teach your children to disregard a police officers warnings. 0 personal responsibility always works out well.

She was told to stay back and clearly didnt or mr. short pants officer wouldnt have had to approach her. You dont see her until he tries to detain her at which point she pulls away. (another great tactic to teach your children)

It is only then you see her walking away. It is too f'ing late at that point.

She probably would have had a talking too but decided to pull away and try to walk away. too F'ng late.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
So what if this lady was running off her mouth? She was walking away! The last thing I would want to do is chase after her to hear more of the same. Instead this cop took it personally and couldn't let it drop by the wayside. He didn't like what he was hearing and wanted to shut her up, plain and simple. He must have felt good seeing a 62 year-old lady fall to the ground after being tased. I would like to ask him now, "was it all worth it?"

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A whole lot of opinion here, I don't consider "Raw Story" to be a credible site possibly.

"They were arresting someone when she walks up to see who it was they were arresting. The officers tell her to get back and as she is getting back he just tases her nonchalantly like its no big deal."

Is this your opinion or are you taking the word of the lady that got tazed? I am sure she wouldn't lie or embelish the story.

The cop told her to get back? Not likely, that why he reached for her arm to detain her and she walked off.

Nobody knows the whole story here INCLUDING you, a little video surfaces on youtube and everybody assumes they know whats going on.....keep stirring the pot with false accusations and stories.

Stir, stir, stir.......and people like you wonder why there is so much confrontation in the world.

I know, I know........just keep stirring....

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Where is the personal responsibility for law enforcement?

When cops start renouncing the ever increasing injustice and brutality that we as citizens have to contend with, I'll start to reconsider my opinions.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Cops were in her neighborhood, not the other way around. Cops think they run #, gonna find soon enough it's not the case. Enough is enough, cops want to make enemies of all the civilians, so be it. I don't want to hear them crying when they start getting hit back.

You know it was her neighborhood how? and so what? you don't have to obey the police in your own neighborhood now?

You really think cops want to make enemies out of the civilians? That is a pretty broad statement. I bet Muslim cops are the worst huh? cuz all Muslims are terrorists and a Muslim with a badge... oh holy hell lol...

are you seriously saying you feel she had 0 responsibility for what happened?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
A whole lot of opinion here, I don't consider "Raw Story" to be a credible site possibly.

"They were arresting someone when she walks up to see who it was they were arresting. The officers tell her to get back and as she is getting back he just tases her nonchalantly like its no big deal."

Is this your opinion or are you taking the word of the lady that got tazed? I am sure she wouldn't lie or embelish the story.

The cop told her to get back? Not likely, that why he reached for her arm to detain her and she walked off.

Nobody knows the whole story here INCLUDING you, a little video surfaces on youtube and everybody assumes they know whats going on.....keep stirring the pot with false accusations and stories.

Stir, stir, stir.......and people like you wonder why there is so much confrontation in the world.

yeah your right....we should all bend over pull down our pants and get a good probing ....how much relevance does the story have to have for the cop to taze that woman in the back like that ? are you an advocate for this kind of violence ?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Had she been homeless and camping they would have just shot her multiple times and then let a dog chew on her after she was dead. Or just homeless and mentally ill yet non threatening, five or so of them would have just mounted her and beat her to death while she begged for her dad to help her. I mean, why not right? That's the definition of protect and serve in the fatherland while the brown shirts rule the day right?
edit on 1-10-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
They sure are acting like they want to make enemies out of us. Unless they are really stupid and think treating people like they are below them in a caste system is the proper way to make friends.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

That would you mean you were ok with were for being under arrest for her actions which is BS.
She needs to commit or be under suspicion of a crime before she can be arrested or detained.
This cops can touch you but you can't not allow them to touch stuff just drives me crazy.

Tasers are not non lethal, they are non compliance now a days

No! That's not at all what I'm saying... How can I be "ok" with the arrest, when I stated that we can't hear the conversation? I rarely give someone the benefit of the doubt. Especially cops, as of late. I did feel that the title of the thread was a bit misleading. Hence my first paragraph.

The fact is, we don't know anything about it, and are simply making up our minds, based on a single video, with bad audio.
We don't know how many times she walked up there, before the video, started. We don't know the circumstances related to the arrests before hers. We don't know if she is known to law enforcement, with priors for ? Inciting a riot? Who knows!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Regardless of all that you said she was not a threat and was not able to outrun them. What crime was this woman committing? Unless she walked up and said "I have drugs", "I'm going to kill you", "is that my dealer?", (etc) that officer had no reason to put his hands on her in the first place. That man needs a good beating while doing time with those "criminals". That officer should have just let her be.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It has been my experience that people in general when confronted with visual proof--up close or in recorded footage--of the application of authoritative "official" force, respond in one of two ways--either what they have just witnessed enrages or horrifies or overcomes them with fear; or they cope with the sight by justifying actions of the authority figures by condemning victims on the receiving end of the violence for a host of frankly inane lines of reasoning. Just remember: the tazed woman in this video could be any American--even me or you.

It's a funny (not ha, ha) kind of world out there these days. I am a big brother--eldest of three. When I was younger, not all that long ago back in the 90's, my sister who is five years my junior often brought home some real winners in the form of her then latest beaus and attracted the attention of some even more interesting characters. Never once while setting out to correct the error of some of those fellows' ways did I consider calling the cops on them. One of them in particular was around thirty-five when she was seventeen--he would not stop following her home in his Corvette. Being her big brother, I followed him home one day and we had a nice "chat".

He never troubled her again.

My point being: these days, well these days I would call the cops if something like the above was going down with a niece or my own child. Why? Because frankly we now live in a nation where standing up for yourself or a loved one physically--even sometimes verbally--can net you an arrest record or worse.

When I see videos such as the one in the OP, my first reaction is that I am witnessing small military units operating deep in within an enemy populace. That's pretty much what the cops seem to represent much of the time--to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

False accusations? Did you even watch the video? What source do you need to see that shyt was just police brutality period.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mwood
Take her word? It is observed first hand by not only those with the camera, but the news reporting on it, and the Police Chief.

“Based on the video, I have enough concerns to call for an internal investigation and have Officer Mahan put on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation,” DeLeo told reporters. “We will conduct a thorough investigation into this incident. We want to be transparent with the community by sharing what we can at this point.” - Op Source

Dunno how that is not clearly enough information to access that likely the cop was in the wrong there enough to warrant an investigation. One can see what's going on with the video, no?

a reply to: alienjuggalo

Exactly, even as the source explains;

Viola Young, 62, approaches Officer Mahan to ask about one of the men who was being detained. Mahan advises her to stay back, and tries to grab her arm. After she turns and walks away, the officer pulls out his Taser and fires it into her back. -OP Source

edit on 2-10-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
One day, a cop is going to get shot dead for doing one of these parlor tricks, and it will get caught on tape.

The shooter will be sentenced to 1 million years hard labour, if he is not suicided before hand.

The people, nation wide, will rally to demand justice - the dead cop deserved it.

Then the militarized thugs will get rolled out.

And then you will see a revolution riot.

It's coming.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's coming.

its coming alright...what erks me though is it planned this way or has complacency in society lead us to this ?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt
I'm not saying that I agree with the cop's actions, but you can clearly see him attempt to make an arrest by reaching for and grabbing her arm. At that point, she decides to comply with his initial "command" and turn/pull away...Too late, at that point!

Without hearing the whole conversation up to his decision to effect the arrest, it's hard to say whether his decision was justified. Regardless of that, though, I don't believe she should have been tazed! It appears that he was just too lazy to walk three more steps and reacquire her.

You Taze WOMEN AND CHILDREN??????????

No Americans are willing to hold you accountable??? Forget the Systems checks and balances the system works eventually and I an NOT advocating ignoring or breaking any laws here , but on behalf of America and her Communitys no one holds you morally accountable for these actions??? Why? Because they do not know who you are?...is that why? People sit next to you and your familys in restauraunts and Church? People fill your gas tank and bag your groceries.....do they know what you do to people for your paycheque?

Americans need to respect and Uphold the laws they represent even in the face of Adversity. However there are laws which support Papparazzi so they must also support Coperazzi as well,so it looks like there ARE things Americans can do if they choose to.

edit on 2-10-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join