It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CDC Changed It's Ebola Prevention Page on Sept. 19, 2014. Why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

You are correct, I will change this if I use it again to exposed.

I also heard today that on Chris Matthews a CDC person did not deny that if an infected person sweats from fever and puts their arm on an armrest, that other people using that arm rest if it is not disinfected, can be exposed. The scientific consensus is for up to 8 hours if not disinfected after the sweat gets on the armrest.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Look, I would say that your best line of defense if this comes to your area is to reduce unnecessary trips outside your home, buy rubber gloves and hand sanitizer for trips you must take, avoid taking your children with you whenever possible, and when you are out, do not touch your face or any other mucus membrane until you are able to completely disinfect your hands. Also, leave your shoes outside. Maybe make a shallow tray of chlorine bleach water to put them in and shower immediately upon getting home.

I can talk to my husband when he gets here because like anything, we'll need to develop a plan of action just in case. We can't leave until it gets really bad, and we know what that entails.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: signalfire

One would hope that our health care system would realize that anyone who is dealing with an Ebola patient would need to be sharp and on the ball, so I would think they wouldn't be sending in interns who are serving the last of a 16-hr shift. Not to mention, our hospitals are climate controlled, so they aren't being sapped by working in 100+ degree heat and the humidity that comes with it. And they aren't going to be surrounded by near the degree of death and suffering. Not to mention the absence of people threatening to kill them because they think they are cannibalizing the sick and dying ...

Now, if things get out of hand, badly out of hand, we may get there, but right now, you can't compare the two.

ONE WOULD HOPE...

Yup. That's the operative term right there. Because ONE WOULD HOPE that the hospital staff in Texas, having found out that Patient Zero had just arrived from Africa, would have treated him better than sending him home with an antibiotic for what they termed a cold... (?!? wuckfittery of the highest order, that!)

ONE WOULD HOPE that the CDC and the WHO wouldn't have LIED to people about how the disease CAN BE caught, expertly described the difference between airborne and inhaled, whether or not a cough or a sneeze is contaminated and at one point in the infectious process (when the patient has symptoms? Outwardly, or just not feeling well but hasn't mentioned it yet to family and friends and the border police, airline personnel, etc, and the true nature of the virus' staying power in the air and on surfaces of different kinds).

ONE WOULD HOPE that our vaunted Western Medical System would have an EFFIN' CLUE enough to actually try to protect the public, shut down all unnecessary travel, and do more than just robotically try to prevent panic, because, uh oh, if people panic then there goes their economic model; forget how many more people might die in the aftermath of 'nothing to worry about' compared to 'something to worry about'...

Am I the only one who has noticed that the people giving the press conferences sound overwhelmingly like bureaucrats reciting a story, and not people telling the truth? A week ago they were saying 'no way it gets in the U.S', now they're saying 'no way it gets a foothold here'; next week it's gonna be, 'no way it kills people in the States, we're exceptional, dadgummit!'

I swear, the more I read about this and look at what they are and are not doing, it's far more likely they're trying to let it get out and kill half the planet. This much incompetence is impossible. It's 9-11 in slow motion.

What's that quote, "never ascribe to malice that which is easily ascribed to ignorance", or something like that?

Well, which is it, CDC and .gov? Because we know they're fully capable of both.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: signalfire

One would hope that our health care system would realize that anyone who is dealing with an Ebola patient would need to be sharp and on the ball, so I would think they wouldn't be sending in interns who are serving the last of a 16-hr shift. Not to mention, our hospitals are climate controlled, so they aren't being sapped by working in 100+ degree heat and the humidity that comes with it. And they aren't going to be surrounded by near the degree of death and suffering. Not to mention the absence of people threatening to kill them because they think they are cannibalizing the sick and dying ...

Now, if things get out of hand, badly out of hand, we may get there, but right now, you can't compare the two.

ONE WOULD HOPE...

Yup. That's the operative term right there. Because ONE WOULD HOPE that the hospital staff in Texas, having found out that Patient Zero had just arrived from Africa, would have treated him better than sending him home with an antibiotic for what they termed a cold... (?!? wuckfittery of the highest order, that!)

ONE WOULD HOPE that the CDC and the WHO wouldn't have LIED to people about how the disease CAN BE caught, expertly described the difference between airborne and inhaled, whether or not a cough or a sneeze is contaminated and at one point in the infectious process (when the patient has symptoms? Outwardly, or just not feeling well but hasn't mentioned it yet to family and friends and the border police, airline personnel, etc, and the true nature of the virus' staying power in the air and on surfaces of different kinds).

ONE WOULD HOPE that our vaunted Western Medical System would have an EFFIN' CLUE enough to actually try to protect the public, shut down all unnecessary travel, and do more than just robotically try to prevent panic, because, uh oh, if people panic then there goes their economic model; forget how many more people might die in the aftermath of 'nothing to worry about' compared to 'something to worry about'...

Am I the only one who has noticed that the people giving the press conferences sound overwhelmingly like bureaucrats reciting a story, and not people telling the truth? A week ago they were saying 'no way it gets in the U.S', now they're saying 'no way it gets a foothold here'; next week it's gonna be, 'no way it kills people in the States, we're exceptional, dadgummit!'

I swear, the more I read about this and look at what they are and are not doing, it's far more likely they're trying to let it get out and kill half the planet. This much incompetence is impossible. It's 9-11 in slow motion.

What's that quote, "never ascribe to malice that which is easily ascribed to ignorance", or something like that?

Well, which is it, CDC and .gov?

I thought the Stepford health officials' "talks" were canned and transparent. You're right. Why should anyone believe that these men of straw can take care of matters. The next thing we will here is, We'll stop a pandemic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join