It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers hack ATMs with virus in well-planned heist, makes away with RM 3 million over the weekend..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
vulcanpost.com...

Police today had released images of suspected individuals from a Latin American syndicate who were believed to be responsible for the hacking and theft from Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) in Malaysia. The images were taken from the closed-circuit television cameras (CCTV) installed at some ATM kiosks.

The syndicate used a computer virus known as ‘ulssm.exe.’ to steal money from the ATMs, Bernama reported. This is the first time in Malaysia that a virus or a malware has been used to directly steal money from ATMs. The syndicate has collected about RM3 million over the weekend at ATMs in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Malacca, and Johor.

This seems like out of a science fiction movie, but it did indeed happen. Are criminals becoming smarter than the law? Is our money truely
safe in the bank or ATMS? RM 3 million is close to a million USD by the way.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: icyboy771z

I would worry less about hackers and more about the bankers, themselves.

Bankers and the IRS are more dangerous then criminals. More to the point they are the real criminals.

I keep mine in a safe in my house, and have a big dog.

Also, bitcoins.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Even though its wrong, reading articles like this make m wish it was me that did the act. Seems to easy ho they do it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Malaysia is in the news again?

At the least their twin towers have a cat-walk that people can see if a plane is heading at them, providing direction of sight(s) are cohesive?

OK, two planes thus far? Have cams mounted on your foreheads...that stream live.
/sarcasm

Since we're discussing non-fiction sci-fi?

Well, I guess I'm off to scope the building plans and see what kind of office furniture they're using...

new topics

top topics

join