It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How dinosaur arms turned into bird wings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

What actually happened was in ancient times, people found these large bones and not knowing what they were attributed them to dragons or giants.
edit on 123131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 123131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I don't think it was just because they came across some fossils, I think it was also a bit of a misunderstanding with how some natural phenomena occurred. (volcanoes, tornadoes, forest fires, etc) Combined together it would allow for the creation of the mythos of dragons. Fire breathing dragons were probably just forest fires started by lightening, for example.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

That could be part of it.

we have seen no shortage of animals survive from antiquity. The basis of this thread, actually, is that dinosaurs didn't go extinct. The basis is that they are the birds.

With that in mind, it isn't hard to believe that we didn't see some species of dinosaur survive into a relatively modern era. Who knows what the basis of our mythology actually is. And there is nothing that would make me dismiss the notion that "dragons" aren't last vestiges of real creatures, encountered so far in antiquity that their existence has been turned into a Paul Bunyanesque tale of immense, firebreathing beasts. Perhaps you even have a combination of the two, where there are older stories that would be revived when some bones were found, embellished, and then passed forward.

we could go through a rather lengthy list of mythological beasts that could potentially reference a dinosaur of some sort. Or, maybe even a paleolithic mammalian beast. The depth of antiquity for the homo genus, combined with our apparent penchant for communicating stories, seems like a great fit to at least some degree here.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I completely agree with you. Stories get embellished & changed all the time, especially to suit the needs of the person telling the story.

I think I also recall a similar theory with Lucifer. That the Lucifer we call the devil was actually the second moon to Earth that collided with either the moon or the Earth. Lucifer was the morning star and eventually it fell causing much panic and chaos. We had prayed to our God to save us from the falling object but he did not answer our prayers. Lucifer had made us "loose contact with God" and in retelling the story over many many generations, it has been twisted & changed. Lucifer went from being the second Moon to being the devil we know today.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join