It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Confirms Patient In Dallas Has The Ebola Virus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Officials with the Centers for Disease Control have confirmed that a person in Dallas definitely has the Ebola virus. Tuesday’s official determination makes the Dallas patient the first diagnosed Ebola case in the United States

CDC Confirms Patient In Dallas Has The Ebola Virus

So now ebola is in the US. When are going to stop the flights to West Africa? When are we going to stop letting people who are contaminated in? When are we going to learn that all we are doing is endagering ourselves?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hope it stops with one...

Really do

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hey I guess on the bright side our government doesn't have to send troops to 'fight' ebola in Africa.

Ebola came to us, and as usual with 'government is us, and they are doing things right'.

We now have our very own first case of Ebola! ! !

Incompetence will give us a pandemic.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dizzie56

So now ebola is in the US. When are going to stop the flights to West Africa? When are we going to stop letting people who are contaminated in? When are we going to learn that all we are doing is endagering ourselves?

It makes sense when you realize the whole thing is purely intentional. All of this is by design. It's the only reasonable explanation.

I'm not buying the gross incompetence theory anymore.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Im not a big believer in the "intentional" theory but the more you at the things that the Obama admin has done really isnt doing much good for the United States. With the first cases of Ebola coming out in the news in West Africa we should have shut down all travel to the place. This disease is a horrible killer and there isnt a cure what so ever. The best thing you can do is drink water and cross your fingers as you bleed out from orifices that you never would have thought you would be bleeding from. With all the things going on in the world why does a hemoragic virus have to be thrown right into the mix?
edit on 30-9-2014 by dizzie56 because: changed a word

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think that they want a fearful majority which asks them to shut the borders and restrict travel. But by that time too much will have already gotten in and it'll be here to stay. Not as worried about Canada as it only has a population density of 9 people per square mile, but in the states it's 84 which is more worrisome.
edit on k282014-09-30T17:28:15-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30 by kicked because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
My family and I live in Fort Worth, approximately 20-25 miles from this hospital. I want to ask a direct question: regardless how miniscule the chances of winning would be, can I sue the government/president for dereliction of duty in their failure to protect my family from this threat? I have no delusions of winning, but who knows and the main issue is to try and put the incompetent people in authority on the hot seat, at least for a time. Win or lose, it should at least draw more attention to the fact our government is completely negligent in allowing this to get this far, and must be held accountable if/as it develops further. If any of my immediate family were to contract this disease because of political/governmental stupidity, then I can assure you there will be a reckoning. I will keep it legal, but it will be with the full force of everything available to me at that time.

Input is appreciated.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
CDC SAYS :
- INDIVIDUAL LEFT FROM LIBERIA
- PERSON WITH EBOLA IN TEXAS LEFT LIBERIA ON SEPT. 19
- INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPED SYMPTONS ON SEPT. 26
- U.S. EBOLA PATIENT IS A MALE

CDC IDENTIFIED ALL PERSONS THAT MAY BE IN CONTACT W/ INDIVIDUAL
Very difficult to be sure of the above ^^

Therefor the following will be almost impossible to guarantee:
CDC DIRECTOR SAYS:
`I HAVE NO DOUBT WE WILL CONTROL THIS CASE'
`THERE IS NO DOUBT WE WILL STOP IT HERE'

source
edit on 30/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Rumors have it on Twitter people are already panicking in the Dallas area, and stores are emptying out.

Uhm, why not fly him to Emory's BSL-4 facility? Wouldn't they have a better chance (better trained personnel) there?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
9/18/14 Infected (from 18th-->assume it was 17th or 18thfor instance,, said good-bye the night before,, wink,wink.)

9/21/14
10/12/14

21 Days.
from 18th to ,,,October 8th.

21 days.Oct.8th,, if the man is still alive,,on October 9th,,that would be good. or at least hopefull.

Oct 8th.

The world can wait a whole 8 days ,,right?

One thing not mentioned,,If u had contact with Mr. X or ground Zero,, take your pick,,is,,
"
go too your nearest Dr. and say,, "please,,test me for Ebola,,"i know Mr. X."

thats just common sence right??

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked

Living in Florida im normally cursing Canadians who come down here and clog our highways but right now Ive never wanted to live in Canada so bad

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

I wish they would just shut down all travel for a while to and from west africa. In fact, lump the middle east into that one too. But you are right, it will be very hard to guarantee that all persons coming in will be monitored for 21 days.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: samstone11

can I sue the government/president for dereliction of duty in their failure to protect my family from this threat?

I have to admit.

Suing the government/president would be some karmic justice.

But after watching it for the last 6 years of absolutely nothing is his fault.

It is ALWAYS someone else's.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dizzie56

For what I know people here, are still going in volunteer missions to Africa...

At the same time the news media are blacking out info about Ebola... with this case hitting now the US it will spread in the bias news media here.

I hope it will be contained, but somehow I think it will spread now for Europe also.
edit on 30/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Since they won't or can't give us a name on Mr. X, how are you supposed to know if you had contact with him?

He may not be in any condition to make up a list of casual and 'formal' contacts, right?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Good point. But if he flew into Dallas, an international airport, he came into contact with alot of people. A whole lot of people. All he had to do is blow his nose on a napkin and the stewardess accidentley touched it as he threw it out and then its over.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

With all the things going on in the world why does a hemoragic virus have to be thrown right into the mix?

Gee, and in a border state too? One that's already dealing with another manufactured "humanitarian crisis"?

You don't say...

I suppose some would chock this up to "when it rains it pours". I'm not buying it, and I don't believe in coincidences.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

When are we going to stop letting people who are contaminated in?

After November 4.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This is NOT GOOD.. in fact very scary!! I just talked with my sister is Austin and so far business as usual..I will call my cousin in Dallas and see what the latest is.

I know there are people that think this is one big GOVERNMENT conspiracy. The truth is I do NOT think so!

Ebola is such a virulent , lethal and changing disease, that it is not a good choice for population control...There is no cure, no vaccine, so when you mess with a Level 4 virus you are taking a huge risk concerning your own life and the people you want to keep around "so to speak".....It kills way to quickly to be used against the population and will not be nearly contagious enough outside of a 3rd world country!

You would kill much more with Bird Flu!!

Pax

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm surprised this happened in Texas though, since Texas is the only one I know of that is really doing anything about the border.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join