It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Members of Family Killed in Crimean Peninsula as Huge Sinkhole Swallows up Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I cant imagine the earth we stand is gone..very scary...and this the scary i mean..(you can hear children cry inside the hole,is heart breaking

Six members of one family - including three-year-old twins - died instantly when a vast sinkhole opened up in the motorway and swallowed their car in Crimea. Two other children aged 12 and 12 months survived.

It is believed the car was driving between the Crimean capital Simferopol and a village called Nikolaevka in the disputed region, which recently voted to leave Ukraine and join Russia.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Forget about the war..mother earth show it force, i dont know why this hole opening more often this day..
And i feel so sad for this family..very sad..
edit on 30-9-2014 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cheesy

These holes are terrifying and deadly as that poor family found out. Their relatives, not prepared for this kind of loss must be devastat

What gets me is the smooth look of the holes, so beautifully rounded. Its almost as though a drill came ujp through the earth.

We now face winter in the northern hemisphere and I suppose if last years flooding is anything to go by, we will have a lot more of these things opening up. By the weakness of loosing compacted earth, I can see how easily over time it is for land to simply slip away, especially if higher than its surroundings.

Is there any way of detecting when these sink holes will occur for the safety of any traveller?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Cheesy good to see you post! ...sad story though.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Is there any way of detecting when these sink holes will occur for the safety of any traveller?

Yes that what i wonder too..this is bad, i cant imagine if there a sinkhole on a railway..this is bad

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Cheesy good to see you post! ...sad story though.

Tqx my friend very sad indeed

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

It is down to the lack of maintenance , small holes in the road surface allowing water to seep in and wash away the subsoil
and over time the cavity gets bigger and bigger leaving a thin crust of road material .

then one day the crust can no longer hold the load and down it collapses .

Ask any plumber who has worked on a burst water pipe that was below ground , he will tell you that water will allways find an escape route and that you rarely find evidence of the burst on the surface .

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cheesy

where have you gone?

top topics

join