It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus quatrain about ISIS...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The year 1999 seven month,
From the sky will come a great King of terror:
To bring back to life the great King of Angolmois, (the Mongols),
Before after Mars to reign by good luck
(Century X, Quatrain 72)

Osama bin laden... King of terror...

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi... King of the mongols?

Look at how the Mongols waged war, they began as a small tribe and raped and pillaged and burned their way west across the land.

Are we witnessing Khan? If this were true I'd expect the trend to continue. My guess is the silence from IsreAl is telling. We've already seen an intelligence failure with the bombing of empty buildings.

ISIS is obviously some kind of divine or ritualistic or symbolic message that I'm still trying to decode. So far I've come with ISIS being the mother of Horus the God of war. My prediction is that this ISIS thing is going to get way worse.

I don't know if it's an act against the divine feminin or what but it's something.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, if this is about ISIS he was only off by 13 years.

A bit of a stretch on this one, sorry.

I actually went and read Nos. book. Boring and long and weird. But if I made 3000 predictions and said they were good for the rest of eternity, I'd have about the same accuracy rate he does. Reading the works of Nos showed me that he made a few really good guesses about things that were bound to happen if you said they would come true sometime between now and eternity.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

You didn't read the quatrain right.

First the king of terror will bring the king of the Mongols. The King of terror from the sky came in 2001, not so bad co spidering how far off from the original author date.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I doubt two things about the comparison.

1. I doubt ISIS's military prowess as compared to the mongols.

2. I doubt ISIS would function as badly without a "leader" as the mongols did when Ghengis died, and then when Oghadi died.

not saying you're wrong, just my input

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cambot

Can you explain the obvious intelligence failure?

Obviously they are doing something right because no western power has been able to conquer the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cambot

In the qua train he mentions Mars, the God of war or Horus the son of Isis.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

You didn't read the quatrain right.

First the king of terror will bring the king of the Mongols. The King of terror from the sky came in 2001, not so bad co spidering how far off from the original author date.

But I think you were saying that this quatrain in your opinion predicted ISIS in some way. That is the 13 year stretch too far.

One well-known supposed prophecy is that "a great and terrifying leader would come out of the sky" in 1999 and 7 months "to resuscitate the great King from Angoumois." But the phrase d'effraieur (of terror) in fact occurs nowhere in the original printing, which merely uses the word deffraieur (defraying, hosting), and Nostradamus sometimes uses the word ciel simply to mean 'region', rather than 'sky'. On the basis of Nostradamus's by-now well known technique of projecting past events into the future, Lemesurier[3] suggests that X.72 therefore refers back to the restoration to health of the captive Francis I of France (who was Duke of Angoulême) following a surprise visit to his cell by his host, the then Holy Roman Emperor Charles V in 1525. No fewer than five of the planets were in the same signs on both occasions.[4]
en.wikipedia.org...

The 9/11 thing was just a matter of luck and biased interpretation in my opinion. The vast majority of his quatrains have not come true.

If I said that around the year 2050 there would be death rising from the south and engulfing the west. It probably would come true. There are conflicts all the time, and death could be an illness of some sort, an unusual weather pattern that caused problems, a volcano could explode, any number of things could happen and I would be hailed as a psychic.
Sorry, like I said he had way too many convoluted predictions with way too wide a span of time that could be seen in too many ways.
He did get lucky on a few, but I would too if I wrote a book of thousands of predictions. That's my opinion. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Is it a failure of intelligence or a deliberate act of neglecting it?

I too wonder how this could have been overlooked so easily by everyone in the region.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I'm looking at the 1999 reference and King of terror from the sky connection to 2001.

Obviously there's a connection there.

Now he doesn't give s timeline for the King of the Mongols he gives a date for the King of terror.

I think your misunderstanding.
edit on 9/29/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

I too wonder how this could have been overlooked so easily by everyone in the region.

Good question.the answer is probably a scary one.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I don't think this interpretation is likely. Although there were Islamic-Mongol powers, this did not happen under Genghis, and the initial seizure of what is now Iraq actually destroyed the golden age of Islam while Christians were spared because the Kahn was married to a Christian.

Furthermore, ISIS very name tends to support the idea that it is a puppet organization of western intelligence (which doesn't want to defeat it until it has undermined secular govts in the region we don't like.

It is also worth noting that the way Nostradamus terms can be slanted the Angolmois (angol people) are just as likely to be the Anglos- given his Franco-centric world view a prophecy about a great war with Britain kind of makes more sense.

If the prophecy is about the great king of the Mongols though, there are a couple ways to look at it. The great king of the Mongols conquered China - this could be about Chinese aggression or aggression against China. They dominated the usually chaotic Asian steppe- it could be about the rise of a central Asian power, which could indeed tie into Bin Laden and the war in Afghanistan (much more closely related to a 9/11 based interpretation than ISIS). It could also have to do with what the Mongols were like emerging in another place. The Mongols operated like a modern army- particularly like America's army- they were swift and far reaching, had ahead of their time communication schemes, and didn't so much thoroughly occupy their conquests as break the system and then keep the money and cooperation flowing by the threat that they might come back in force if you didn't stick to what they decreed when they initially crushed your local order.

And that also goes to show how a Nostradamus prophecy can mean almost anything.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The thing is, his quatrain are written in old french, and using symbology and references which were part of their culture, at that time. The way those are translated into another language and interpretted varies and is really sketchy.

I studied those for a while and ended up losing interest.

The thing with his prophecies is this-

“You look at where you're going and where you are and it never makes sense, but then you look back at where you've been and a pattern seems to emerge.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

edit on 29-9-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Could the reference to the Mongols be more of a reference to how they waged war?

Obviously there's a connection to the current time with the obvious reference to 9/11 and Osama bin laden.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

It's not that obvious though. Bin Laden ruled no place, he was hardly the only source of terror (which apparently isn't even written in the original French), and grandmkdw has pointed out how at one point it would have obviously been something else. It's possible but it's not a slam dunk. And frankly ISIS has nothing to do with 9/11 not even a little bit. The second invasion of Iraq was a necessary result of the first invasion of Iraq and ISIS is America's plan C in that chain of events. They will split Iraq in 3 as we wished to but could not since we can't handle it whole.

I think the confusion that political spin has created over the real causes and effects over there is creating a six degrees of Osama Bin Laden phenomenon here.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

But in the context if the media narrative that's being going on in the general consciousness of world.

To us the ultra minority we understand what you said but the general audience around the world, they only get what's given to them so maybe that's how they are seeing it? That message wasn't made for anyone except people like us.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

It's obvious that's it's a 9/11 reference

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I think it's reaching to say that Nostradamus wrote for the common man. In fact wrote with the understanding that the common man would burn him alive if they understood.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I'm saying the exact opposite that he didn't write for the common man.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

Usually the simplest answer given all the facts is the correct one.

If ISIS was predicted by Nostradamus it only proves to me its manufactured. Instead of reading Plan for New American Century to understand the western playbook we would have to read his manifesto. At least we don't have to read it through a mirror.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Furthermore, ISIS very name tends to support the idea that it is a puppet organization of western intelligence (which doesn't want to defeat it until it has undermined secular govts in the region we don't like.

I think its actually a good interpretation. And that the King of Terror is not Osama, but has more to do with those who orchestrated ISIS. Mars does seem to have an ISIS and War connotation.

top topics

join