It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Climate Change is Entirely Man-Made

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
For the purpose of this thread, I will caveat that Global-Climate-Change is entirely man-made.

Completely.

So.

What do we do know?

China and India, 2 of the biggest criminals aren't going to do anything about their carbon output.

So what happens now?

My thoughts? Once Global-Climate-Change becomes universally accepted, there will be a call for a global, unifying government.

A one-world government to dictate and control the CO2 outputs so something could actually be done before it is all too late.

A hike in taxes won't really help.

We need a unifying control, a central authority to control the output of all the pollution destroying the planet.

Or I'm completely off base here.

So folks, what happens now?

Cheers,

beez

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
'genda tweniwun.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Is more than just a one government to handle the CO2, beezzzer, is more of the new market that will take over the CO2s, just like anything that is could turn profitable banks are getting ready for the carbon credit swaps that will mean big business,.

Sadly those that are supporting this (regular people), do not understand that taxing, selling and buying CO2s credits will not help clean the air at all, because those countries that are big polluters will just buy credits to keep polluting.

The irony, we will be taxed so the big polluters can buy the credits.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

But we're talking about the future of the planet here!

How is buying yourself out of polluting going to solve the crisis?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

"a central authority to control the output of all the pollution destroying the planet. " Isn't that what the EPA tries to do here in the US and is a dismal bureaucracy.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican

"a central authority to control the output of all the pollution destroying the planet. " Isn't that what the EPA tries to do here in the US and is a dismal bureaucracy.

Does it matter?

We're talking about the future of humanity here!

I'd settle for any other alternative, personally.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It is all very well saying control China and India.

The US, Europe and other developed countries have already had their time of unbridled development with no thought to the environment. The industrial revolution has been and gone in the western world and during that period we did very bad things both for the environment and in other areas.

Using children as cheap labor was sickening but it happened. Now we want to condemn other countries for their development cycle while we conveniently forget about ours.

It is similar to the cries of 'Save the Rainforests, they are the lungs of the Earth.!'

Well, they are now, after first Europe and then North America cut down all of their huge forests.

The destruction of our environment is lead by the Western World. We have the tech, right now, to shift to a energy model based on hydrogen. It would be very clean using solar power to split the O2 and H from water.

Greed prevents this from being achieved and that greed is world wide.

Take some responsibility for what you did in the past and acknowledge that others are simply following the same path.

P

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

We can't just be individual nations though.

This has to be a global effort.

I'll admit to the sins of the past. But that doesn't change the present.

I'm all for alternative fuels. Why isn't the western governments leading the way?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Because is just not about getting credits for no pollution is more than that beezzer, those that obtain the credits can then sell them to banks or put them in markets so the big polluters can buy them.

This the scam behind the CO2s, a mean to create a new market just for it.

States will tax the people for carbon out put, but then the credits the states get can be use to play the markets.

Right now the carbon market scam in Europe now tops $79 billion.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I agree that we as humans need to take care of our planet, I agree, but the profiteers have other things in the mind, their mind is set on making money at the same time.

While we all fight about the truth of global warming the profiteers are already salivating on the money possibilities.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

But that doesn't change the fact that global climate change is underway!

Basically, they are re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic instead of stopping it sinking!

What are they doing to stop the changes already under way?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I had to look up caveat. Good word.

The thought experiment using governmental control to remedy global warming is based solely on the assumption that global warming is man made by CO2 emissions.

So the only solution is a reduction of CO2 producing activity and/or construction of CO2 consuming processes.

That would require a world wide governmental authority to arrest and prevent the production of CO2 and/or the consumption or destruction of CO2.

Remedying AGW requires the establishment of an supreme global government.

One set of attributes that defines a government is

1) the ability to tax

2) the ability to enforce laws

The Carbon Tax and enforcement of the Carbon Laws would be enough to birth and nourish a highest legal authority.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Why isn't the western governments leading the way?

GREED!

The first step is to cure greed. Until you can bring the multinational companies to heel, nothing will change.

It is these entities that simply shift polluting industries to other countries with more lax pollution laws. It is a game they have been playing for decades and it is driven by the desire for obscene profits.

It is a handful of people that generate this wealth for themselves and until they are stopped it will continue. Both China and India could enact tough new laws and production would be shifted to Africa or some other place.

A single world Government would not help at all. It would simply put all of the power in one place where these multinationals could control it with ease.

You are dealing with a primal drive amongst humanity. You need to address this factor first.

Get rid of designed obsolescence, it is the greatest sin that the west commits.

We have the tech, but much of it is suppressed, purchased by big companies to sit on a shelf. That alone should be illegal and in fact is a crime against humanity.

Start with your own country first then worry about the developing nations.

If you really want to do something about CO2, put the trees back in the ground on a massive scale. There is a simple start. A few billion taken away from Military Budgets would go a long way to achieving this.

P

edit on 29/9/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

That is the part that I argue about, I see the natural change of earth cycles as something that is going to happen anyway, but the corrupted out there are working the people out into believing that all this is not natural.

Remember taxing CO2s and selling credit so big polluters can buy them and keep polluting is not going to stop the natural cycle of warming and cooling in earth, neither is going to create a paradise utopia where we all eat organic and never pollute.

That is a dream, that is not what the pushers behind the global warming agenda are going after, they going for the scam that they will make with the carbon credits.

Beezzer I am sure that you have done plenty of research to know where I am standing on right now, clean the earth but darn the lies and the profiteers.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

This is what I see also.

Unless someone can show a better alternative. . . .

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

So governments don't actually care about the destruction of our atmosphere.

They are looking for a quick buck.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'm beginning to see that government(s) don't want climate change to end.

They don't care about the environment.
They don't care about the future.

They just want to have more control and authority and taxes.

Is there any hope for the planet?

Remember, I'm operating under the assumption that man-made climate change is real and is happening now.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

But we're talking about the future of the planet here!

How is buying yourself out of polluting going to solve the crisis?

C'mon Beez, it's always been about maximizing one's (the corporation's)
revenue. It wouldn't be buying your way out of being penalized for a
bad habit, nearly as much as bribing one's self out of the taxation.
I think it'll shake out about the same as Oblam-me-Careless... the
"penalty" is better than the plan: in almost any possible incarnation.

At the alternative I'm sidin' with that dark fuzzy Hammond guy dakoopa:
I love me someadat RegurgiTwentyone. In D, and with Bloomfield on a gid.
I AM that old, and that was a session for the ages.
edit on 29-9-2014 by derfreebie because: OMG I forgot the bass player. It's HariKiri-able.

edit on 29-9-2014 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Global warming is not necessarily a bad thing.

Warming could increase crop growth and the amount of precipitation over all. Most enzymes work better at a slightly higher temperature and more water would be evaporated from the ocean every year.

CO2 could be reduced by farming plankton in the ocean and growing the more carbon greedy crops.

It wouldn't cost much more than lobbying or public relations advertising campaigns.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

So governments don't actually care about the destruction of our atmosphere.

They are looking for a quick buck.

The Governments are controlled by the elite. They infect the world and have been for some time.

I have an electric frypan that was made 60 years ago, it still works. Seems we can't make them any more.

The sheeple have to understand that they do not control the government, multinationals do!

Greed, greed and more greed. That is what is running the world and no they do not give a toss about this planet.

P

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join