It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse Fired for Refusing Flu Shot Sues Hospital, Federal and State Governments for $100,000,000

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Nurses are required to wear face masks for refusing the flu vaccine.
Photo from Nurses Against Mandatory Vaccines Facebook Page.

Health Impact News Editor

Nurses all across the United States are having their Constitutional rights trampled upon for refusing mandatory flu vaccinations. As we have previously reported, thousands of nurses across the United States are taking a stand against forced flu vaccinations, choosing to either lose their job as a result, or endure shame and ridicule for being forced to wear a mask while on duty during flu season.

Nurses proudly wearing the masks in protest of mandatory flu vaccines.
Photo from Nurses Against Mandatory Vaccines Facebook Page.

Dreonna Breton lost her job in December 2013 for refusing to receive the flu vaccine while she was pregnant, even though she had a doctor’s exemption.

It was only a matter of time before some of these nurses began taking legal action to protect their rights. Some litigation began last year, but details are not available publicly.

Dr. Karen Sullivan Sibert, herself a pro-vaccine doctor, wrote an opinion piece explaining how requiring nurses to wear masks for refusing the flu vaccination violates HIPPA law for patient privacy. (See: Pro Vaccine Doctor Explains how Mandatory Flu Vaccines for Healthcare Workers Violates HIPPA Law)

In addition to the violation of personal rights, the CDC published a study in 2013 showing that vaccination of healthcare workers with the seasonal flu vaccine offered no significant measurable protection of patients from the flu. (See: CDC Study: Mandatory Flu Vaccinations of Health Care Workers Offer NO Protection to Patients)

And as we have reported here at Health Impact News, the flu vaccine is not without risk. The government’s own data on settled cases due to vaccine injuries show that the flu vaccine causes more serious injuries, including death, than all other vaccines combined. (See: Flu Vaccine is the most Dangerous Vaccine in the U. S. based on Settled Cases for Injuries)

Now, the Law Offices of James Elsman has issued a press release stating that they have a client who is a nurse that has lost her job due to refusing the flu vaccination, and she has filed a class action suit for one hundred million dollars against the hospital that fired her, as well as the state and federal governments.

It should be noted that the new Affordable Health Care Act (Obamacare) has mandated that healthcare facilities must have 90% of their employees vaccinated with the flu vaccine to receive full reimbursements of Medicare and Medicaid payments.

healthimpactnews.com...

www.facebook.com...

Let's actually hope that this picks up, and more Americans at least become more aware of the dangers of flu vaccination, and other vaccines.

The law suit has started with nurses, and more and more nurses are deciding not to take the flu shot even when it is a requirement despite the report from the CDC itself in 2013 declaring that "vaccination of healthcare workers with the seasonal flu vaccine offered no significant measurable protection of patients from the flu."

edit on 29-9-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: fix link.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Let's actually hope that this picks up, and more Americans at least become more aware of the dangers of flu vaccination, and other vaccines.

Only thing thats going to pick up is the lawyer's bill.

What "other vaccines"? Polio? Diptheria? Tetnus? Pertussis?

I can see Anti-vax thread when i see one.

It starts with Anti-flu, then it just finishes off with all vaccine sucks.

I dont like Flu vaccine, nor have i ever taken, but stop there and dont get into vaccine that made billions of life possible.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Flu vaccination is horribly ineffective. That is scientific fact. So the case is a winner on that plank.
Flu statistics by the CDC are totally cooked and deaths from all general respiratory problems are classified as "flu" yet less than 10% are actually tested for presence of the virus itself.

People are waking up. Slowly at first. They've been duped by the tag team of Pharma and the CDC. Changes are coming.

Doctors Intrigued and Troubled by Findings

In an accompanying editorial, Drs. John Treanor and Peter Szilagyi wrote a response to the findings for the most recent study showing lower effectiveness with back-to-back flu shots.

“As we are currently struggling through one of the most vigorous influenza seasons in recent memory, the apparent failure of influenza vaccine under optimal conditions seen in this study is indeed troubling,” they wrote. 6

As usual, further study on flu vaccine effectiveness is necessary. There are a lot of conflicting data available. However, the growing number of studies showing low overall effectiveness, waning immunity and a negative effect of prior-year vaccination cast doubt on influenza vaccine policies and strategies, especially when influenza vaccinations now are being required as a condition of employment for health care workers.

National Vaccine Informaiton Center: Your Health, your family, your choice.
edit on 29-9-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: added source

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

You can say that about MADD cooking their stats to make drinking and driving look horrible as well.
If you work in a medical facility and you have a good immune system the flu shot isn't going to do anything but keep you up to date and it's a step forward rather than two steps back when someone walks in with the flu and the medical worker contracts it.

For the general public, yes it might be completely useless but not when you work in an environment like a hospital.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

I can see Anti-vax thread when i see one.

It starts with Anti-flu, then it just finishes off with all vaccine sucks.

I dont like Flu vaccine, nor have i ever taken, but stop there and dont get into vaccine that made billions of life possible.

That was once upon a time, but no more.

A Shot Never Worth Taking: The Flu Vaccine ~ by Kelly Brogan, MD – November 27, 2013Posted in: Articles -

Deep into my 6th year of researching and investigating the damning science that condemns vaccine efficacy and safety – yes, all of them – I am beginning to turn my attention more to the societal memes and the individual belief systems that protect and perpetuate tragically flawed and unacceptably dangerous collective behaviors.

The information is OUT THERE, brilliant scientists, physicians, and researchers without financial ties and agendas have weighed in and presented their concerns about vaccine safety and efficacy, however, the average citizen resists and clings to a hyper-simplified, seemingly “safe” stance. “Well, I’m not against vaccines, I mean, they’ve done a lot. I’m sure there are some risks, but they’re extremely rare.”

I understand, now, that, my collection of PubMed articles substantiating concerns about inefficacy, neurological, autoimmune, and fatal risks of these poorly conceived and anachronistically relevant immune modulators is not meaningful to someone who is not interested. The questions raised by this information are not provocative to someone who needs, above all, to believe that the government, the CDC, and doctors mean well, are doing their due diligence, and that they are holding themselves to a basic standard of ethical delivery of healthcare. They are not meaningful to someone who needs to outsource their power.

Instead of debating the science, what it may take to change to bring awareness to this egregious misuse of medical authority is, one of two, non-scientific, anecdotal exposures:

1.They see it doesn’t work, and may even cause illness I have several pediatricians as patients. Unprovoked, all of these women have confessed to me that they have observed increased virulence in their vaccinated populations. It is this clinical experience that has given them pause about the heavy-handed mandate coming down from the CDC. “Oh!” I say, “Have you read the studies that suggest increased risk of infection in the vaccinated population? There’s THAT ONE where they actually used a saline placebo in 115 children and found that those vaccinated had a 4.4 times increased rate of non-flu infection? Or how about that CANADIAN ONE where they looked at 4 observational studies and found that 2008-2009 H1N1 vaccination was associated with a1.4 to 2.5 increased risk of actually contracting said virus?”

www.vaccinationcouncil.org...

edit on 29-9-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yeah let's not forget that vaccines are probably the most important advancement in medicine after anti biotics. The problem is we never know when to stop.

Anti biotics are way over used and vaccines for minor things like flu are ineffective. Too much of a good thing is never good. Basic common sense.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

... or endure shame and ridicule for being forced to wear a mask while on duty during flu season.

What?
They work in a phucking hospital. Common sense is telling me to wear a mask during Flu season at a hospital, or year round for that matter.

There should be no shame in wearing a mask to prevent the spread of deadly diseases in HOSPITALS. Get over yourselves.
edit on 29-9-2014 by 0bservant because: Spilleng

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

...The CDC can report, as they do, that brain inflammation and death are known side effects of every vaccine, but most do not appreciate what brain inflammation looks like. That this can look like ADHD, autism, learning delay, and that autoimmune disorders can take years to manifest. Tracing the thread back to the vaccine exposure can only be done with studies that assess vaccinated versus unvaccinated populations. These have not been done.

Tragically, we all know, now, of someone who has died from the flu vaccine, just this past week. CHANDLER WEBB, a healthy 19 year old, was given a “routine” and “recommended” flu vaccine at his physical, one day before he became violently ill, and one month before he died. He died from vaccine-induced encephalitis, a known risk of this intervention. In addition to feeling remorse for the pain that this family is experiencing, I feel rage for what I believe to be manslaughter. This is a medical intervention, delivered without any regard for its objectively determined lack of efficacy, and its potential to maim and kill healthy adults. -

The propaganda surrounding this CDC and government-endorsed practice is so thick that doctors treating this young man were blind to even the most obvious of causative insults. If doctors cannot appreciate a documented adverse event that occurs within 24 hours, you cannot expect the system to acknowledge more complex disturbances to the immune system and neuorologic development that will land you and your loved ones on medications and in therapies for life. And, remember, that this family cannot sue the physician who pushed the needle or the pharmaceutical company who created the lethal product.

I think about the Cliff’s Notes version, a distillation of why the flu vaccine is evidence that our government and regulatory bodies have forgotten us, and are following an objective that may leave you lying dead on the side of the road. I know that few of you will read the papers that I have read, attend lectures, seminars, and dialogue with concerned experts. If nothing else, digest these important points, and then wait until this issue gets close enough to you to change your mind on it…hopefully before it’s too late.

•It’s not indicated: I’m sure you don’t know a single person who has died of the flu, and if you think you do, I can almost guarantee you that the diagnosis was not confirmed in a way that ruled out the 150-200 infectious pathogens that cause flu-like syndromes, none of which would be “covered” by the vaccine. Despite the astronomical figures the CDC flashes before us of “flu deaths”, there were 18 (yes, 1-8) confirmed in 2001, for example. Access to these figures is suspiciously concealed, but in the end, forget the stats, and use some common sense to see the fear mongering and sales marketing for what it is.

•It doesn’t work: The Cochrane Database – an objective, gold-standard assessment of available evidence has plainly stated, in TWO STUDIES, that there is no data to support efficacy in children under two, and in adults. Even the former Chief Vaccine Officer at the FDA states: “there is no evidence that any influenza vaccine thus far developed is effective in preventing or mitigating any attack of influenza.” Liking the idea of being protected from the flu does not equate to being protected from the flu. That’s essentially what your vaccine-promoting doctor (or pharmacist) is engaging in – promoting an idea.

•Should there ever be a medical intervention appropriate for everyone? It’s being pushed on demographics where it is known to be ineffective, or is unstudied and likely unsafe including children, adults, elderly, and pregnant women as reviewed on THIS WEB SITE and GREENMEDINFO. I write about how this offends my sensibilities as a perinatal physician HERE.

•We just don’t know what we are doing: The grave possibility of undetectable viral proteins in the chick embryos used to culture vaccines is just an example of how the immune roulette of vaccine development and rampant implementation has resulted in death and lasting injury. C. jejeuni contamination, for example, IS THEORIZED TO PLAY A ROLE in documented risk of Guillain-Barre paralysis after flu vaccine. Producing antibody response to virus and associated toxic preservatives is not immunity. We know that now. As those of us who shake our heads in pain and frustration watching the sheep get herded off the cliff, we refrain: these agents cannot be considered “safe and effective” and also “unavoidably unsafe” as the government agencies would have us accept. They are avoidably unsafe, in fact, when you don’t use them as part of your healthcare. -

Kelly Brogan, MD
As an undergraduate at M.I.T, Dr. Brogan studied Cognitive Neuroscience and worked with Harvard undergraduates to create a public forum for the discussion of alternative medicine, directing conferences for the Hippocratic Society. She attended Cornell Medical School where she was awarded the Rudin Scholarship for Psychiatric Oncology and began her work in Reproductive Psychiatry, which she went on to train in during her residency at NYU/Bellevue. A strong interest in the interface of medicine and psychiatry led her to pursue a fellowship in Consultation Liaison/Psychosomatic Medicine at NYU/Bellevue/VA Hospital. Since that time, she remains on faculty and has focused her efforts on her private practice where she cares for patients with medical illnesses, as well as women at all stages of their reproductive life cycle. A passion for holistic living, environmental medicine, and nutrition are the bedrock of her functional medicine practice. She has published in the field of Psycho-Oncology, Women’s Health, Perinatal Mental Health, Alternative Medicine, and Infectious Disease. She is Board Certified in Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine, as well as Board Certified in Integrative and Holistic Medicine. Link to her website HERE and sign up for her newsletter HERE -

www.vaccinationcouncil.org...

Vaccines have new additives that are known to be toxic.

Myth # 3: Flu shots contain safe ingredients

The truth: Flu shots have many toxic and potentially dangerous chemicals. Because the virus strains are bred in eggs, sheep guts, monkey brains or fetal diploid tissue, manufacturers have to use potent preservatives to prevent bacteria or fungus from contaminating the vaccine. Most of the preservatives used are known to be toxic and some are even recognized carcinogens listed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Additionally, some flu shots contain live “attenuated” viruses, capable of actually causing side-effects identical to the flu.

saveourbones.com...

Then there is the mercury in the thimerosal preservative (which is 50% mercury in weight) commonly used in vaccines. Mercury is highly toxic to living beings even in small quantities, and in each shot you get you are injecting more mercury into your system, and the neurotoxicity of mercury can cause many health related problems.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

If you work in a medical facility and you have a good immune system the flu shot isn't going to do anything but keep you up to date and it's a step forward rather than two steps back when someone walks in with the flu and the medical worker contracts it.

Because I feel this topic is important, I'll ask you to actually read the material on the NVIC. Studies are showing that yearly flu vaccinations actually impairs resistance to flu. The human immune system is an intricate and highly effective system when maintained well. What they should do is set aside some time to actually infect with live virus. After recovery you have a broad spectrum resistance built up. I'd guess you be better equipped to handle whatever curves nature throws your way.

I personally, haven't had a flu vaccination in over 20 years, I got flu once during that time, but it wasn't that bad. I know that's anecdotal to everyone else, but to me, that is validation.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
She is better off not working in a hospital anyway. The increased exposure to all of the germs carried into the hospital by patients is a threat to the baby when someone is pregnant. The buildup of the immune system can cause problems with children in the womb. If you get the flu the threat is larger than the flu shot, but being in constant contact with illness further boosts the immune system. It is the response of the immune system that is a threat to the fetus, that is well known. Stimulating that response over a long period of the pregnancy through a situation you are in can cause some women problems. Others have no concerns, but the ones who do get severe histamine responses to vaccines are in more of a bad place with this during pregnancy. If you have a severe reaction to vaccines, do not get the vaccine. All the top medical sites on the net tell you this. Look at Mayo and even NIH. If your healthcare worker tries to convince you differently, I would get a new healthcare worker because they are not reading the information they are supposed to be reading.

They may someday develop vaccines that do not do this, but as of yet there exists a problem. I am not inferior because I cannot take a flu shot, I have a good immune system and triggering it with vaccines can possibly make it kill me.
edit on 29-9-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I work for a large health corporation in the Midwest. Those at the hospital have that same option. If they don't take the vlu vaccine they need to wear a mask. I agree with it. In that type of environment you have to prevent the spread of the flu as much as possible.

While I agree with which someone has that right I myself find it ridiculous. I get the flu shot every year and so do my boys. I also agree there are some toxins in these vaccinations I firmly believe that the risk is very small. There is a reason why some of these known diseases are coming back.

IMO...get the flu shot.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If doctors cannot appreciate a documented adverse event that occurs within 24 hours, you cannot expect the system to acknowledge more complex disturbances to the immune system and neuorologic development that will land you and your loved ones on medications and in therapies for life. And, remember, that this family cannot sue the physician who pushed the needle or the pharmaceutical company who created the lethal product.

Absolutely true. Thanks for bringing that. My pediatrician had no idea what was in the vaccination they were insisting I give my child. I'll never forget the look in her eyes when I explained the ingredients listed on the vaccine insert. Pharma marketing is so pervasive that even Dr's are brainwashed. It's genuinely dangerous.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
I work for a large health corporation in the Midwest. Those at the hospital have that same option. If they don't take the vlu vaccine they need to wear a mask. I agree with it. In that type of environment you have to prevent the spread of the flu as much as possible.

While I agree with which someone has that right I myself find it ridiculous. I get the flu shot every year and so do my boys. I also agree there are some toxins in these vaccinations I firmly believe that the risk is very small. There is a reason why some of these known diseases are coming back.

IMO...get the flu shot.

I'll agree with you on one thing. Wearing a mask is more effective than the vaccine.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm not too knowledgeable on how the immune system works so this might be wrong but it seems sensible enough, but giving it the vaccine for flu instead of letting it fight the flu off, isn't that just making it worse? wouldn't it basically just say "oh there's that flu again, I'll just wait till that vaccine enters the body again" rather than combat it naturally?.

wouldn't this just make you catch the flu every year? since the immune system isn't really fighting it itself? I never took any flu vaccines and apart from a few rare times never had the flu in over 10 years, while I see people running to the hospitals every year to get the vaccine for their kids and they keep coming back each year.

sure some people have weaker immune systems but needing it EVERY year? I have a strong immune system so I never catch it but even with a weaker one getting it every year is just very strange imo, it just makes no sense unless this vaccine is just making it worse like I think it does.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

I am sure you missed this part.

In addition to the violation of personal rights, the CDC published a study in 2013 showing that vaccination of healthcare workers with the seasonal flu vaccine offered no significant measurable protection of patients from the flu. (See: CDC Study: Mandatory Flu Vaccinations of Health Care Workers Offer NO Protection to Patients)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

No. I have NEVER taken a flu vaccine, almost never gotten sick, I may get mild symptoms for a couple of days, but when I feel the first symptoms I take a lot of vitamin C, and water with lemon(not lemonade) and normally the symptoms stop in a couple of days and I get completely healthy, minus the injury to the left brachial plexus.

You get a virus if your immune system is compromised, and you compromise your immune system by taking a vaccine which is why so many people who get vaccinated get the flu. Then there is the fact that vaccines have toxic additives including thimerosal which is 50% mercury in weight. There are other toxic additives and preservatives in vaccines as well such as using aluminum as an adjuvant.

In the following article you will find a video interview between Dr Joseph Mercola, and Dr. David Ayoub is a radiologist and a physician talking about this issue.

New Warning About Everyday Poison Linked to Alzheimer's, ADHD, and Autism

March 20, 2010 | 350,330 views

Dr. David Ayoub is a radiologist and a physician, and has become a specialist on the additives and preservatives used in vaccines. He was a presenter at the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) Conference in Washington D.C. last year.

Here he discusses the practice of using aluminum as an adjuvant, and why he believes aluminum may be far more toxic than thimerosal in vaccines.

articles.mercola.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The virus mutates very rapidly so you won't develop consistent immunity. A lot pensioners and children die each year from the flu so it is a good thing to minimize the number of possible transmission vectors as much as possible by getting the jab, regardless of whether you will weather it out or not.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

You get a virus if your immune system is compromised, and you compromise your immune system by taking a vaccine which is why so many people who get vaccinated get the flu.

This is nonsense. You don't get the flu from the flu vaccine. The flu vaccine is not 100% effective which is why even if youg et the jab you can still get the flu.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

indeed that's what I was saying basically, the only people that seem to catch the flu all the time are the ones taking this ''vaccine''.

and forcing nurses to take this "vaccine" is just silly, although I don't see what's the shame of wearing a mask in a Hospital? that's not a bad idea really.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

that's true but still I never catch it no matter how much it mutates, and while old people do need it and don't have much choice I see too many parents taking their kids/teens to take this vaccine instead of letting their immune system fight it and get stronger which is a very important thing while growing up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join