It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Information War For Ukraine"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
As if we didn`t knew it already...

'Bought Journalism': German bestseller reveals CIA pay Western media for spin & bias

edit on 2-10-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I want to get back to the OP and the German TV show "Die Anstalt".

I saw the show and I want to reply to dragonridr, who says it´s not a big deal because it´s only satirical comedy. Yes, officially this is a satirical show, BUT this piece was more like an eye-opener and kind of jaw-dropping for many Germans. The "actors" did act funny of course, but the things they said and the things they showed (quotes from newspapers and news on TV and their exposure as lies or biased presentation), were quite big, direct accusations against the German media. Actually quite blunt and aggressive accusations. There is no way you can just watch the show, laugh, and think "oh, it´s only comedy".

The public opinion in Germany is indeed shifting. The people don´t want to get fooled anymore.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cm23

Same thing happened in The Netherlands after the MH17 crash, we got 10 days of only anti-Russia propaganda after that. So people starting to revolt the media to stop it and they were "forced" to also start telling the other side. They still went back to their normal of 90/95% twisting, marginalizing and leaving out the real damaging stuff. But it helped somewhat.

You guys just got a real confession from MSM at least, see a few posts back.

edit on 2-10-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
They are now even deleting unreliable videos about Ukraine as it seems.

Hurray for the Germans for pressuring the media as they did !

It`s actual a huge thing this is happening and can have grave consequences for future reporting.

Other countries should pay attention to it, complain you`re asses off when the media is spewing crap again.

German TV channel is deleting unreliable videos about Ukraine

Source

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

The actual news here is that Russia is now hosting a TV station to be the official "voice" of Novorussiya. Information wars indeed! (You, of course, believe their lies.)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The actual news here is that Russia is now hosting a TV station to be the official "voice" of Novorussiya. Information wars indeed! (You, of course, believe their lies.)

No, I just have been paid by the CIA not to believe it.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cm23

Lol

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Yeah because Russian media is so reliable and always reports the truth.

RT = Rarely Truthful
Novorussiya = Not Reliable

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If a proper investigation was conducted I would imagine that there would be irrefutable evidence to support many claims that during Russia's war with Ukraine, Russian media has consistently lied and distorted the truth to meet the Kremlin's perspective. This week a Russian news station showed images from the MH17 crash site but said that they were images from a mass grave found in Eastern Ukraine. It gets worse because the OSCE who are essentially there to remain neutral were pictured with Russian-backed rebels in their vehicles. If you read the recent OSCE reports during the "ceasefire" you would be led to believe that all is fine and dandy. Interestingly, they appear to miss out various instances of artillery and GRAD weaponry being used by both sides and still don't think Russian forces are operating in Ukraine when there has been clear evidence to the contrary.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousTM

Oh my...needing new accounts now ?

But have you seen any Western mainstream media reporting outside Germany about "Ukraine gate" ?

Of course not, we can`t have people coming to grasp with the truth now can we?

And no matter how much you guys try to direct the focus towards Russia in these matters, it doesn`t change people waking up about Western mainstream media and its biased reporting, but there`s hope for you guys..

Coming to you, the things you call Russia out on...

Despite the glaring fact that banning people from non-violent free speech is obviously authoritarian and fascist, we must ask why now?

Source

But hey, keep bitching about Russia and its press freedom...

...it makes you wonder where you guys actual live...

...I would be bitching about Russia if I was actual living over there, but when things are moving the same way in The West I would be bitching about The West, unless it would be my job of course.
edit on 3-10-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

But have you seen any Western mainstream media reporting outside Germany about "Ukraine gate" ?

Satire is not reporting. Where is the Russian satire?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
Not only satire about it, but also a confession...

And they kept it a secret for 3 months, but I guess now it`s out of the media they can be honest about it. Keeping information from the public is also being biased, so they admitted it but still went on with it.

Germany’s largest public broadcaster admits ‘too little Russian interests’ in Ukraine coverage

The chief director of ARD, Germany's largest public TV broadcaster, responded to viewers' criticism and the supervisory committee over its coverage of the Ukraine crisis. He said it conveyed Russian interests “too little” and could question NATO more.

Kai Gniffke, the TV channel's editor-in-chief, published a statement on his blog on Tuesday, stating: “Maybe we have conveyed too little of Russian interests to the German viewers. We could possibly have examined the position of NATO even more critically.”

Speaking on the war in Syria and Iraq, as well as the Islamic State, Gniffke said “it is only now that the powder fume over Ukraine has shred away.” He added that “mainstream news issues” have “too easily” diverted the attention of editors. ARD's comment has long been awaited, as the Advisory Council voiced its concerns over the “biased” Ukraine coverage at a meeting on June 24. But the leaked document was made public only three months later, revealed by online magazine Telepolis.

One of the main concerns, presented by a group of nine advisers, was that the channel’s talk shows “had a tendency to narrate against Russia and the Russian position.” The reasoning for the concern was not only the reports of ordinary viewers, but also a thorough analysis of several ARD reports on the developments in Ukraine, starting from the end of 2013.

Source

And on the positive side...

Got to hand it to him, he knows how to destroy his business and drive more people towards alternative media.

Oh my, trying to act now if you haven`t read this post while I know you have ?

And where are your comments about this and about CIA paying Western reporters ?

Oh no, you can only comment about Russia...sorry wrong question.

And before you throw it back at me about Russia, I in the past actual have commented about Russia also lying.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Oh my, trying to act now if you haven`t read this post while I know you have ?

Why did you link to the RT version, which edits the comments in such a way as to make them appear to be the opposite of what was said:

However, we disagree quite vigorously the allegations of a deliberate disinformation or intentional manipulation of information in the news. We have always reported to the best of my knowledge and belief and careful research. There is no reason to apologize for errors in reporting or now even "countermeasures".

But before us now keep our critic for arrogant yokels - today there were also a lot of self-critical. Here are some points that we have listed:

With the knowledge of today, we have some different accent set and selected some different formulation (hindsight is just smarter). Maybe we are too easily followed the news-mainstream. Perhaps we should have thematize right-wing groups in the Ukraine earlier. The wrong helicopter was very annoying, but at least we are so right (it's transparent) handled. We had "OSCE observers" rather can choose a different formulation us in the formulation. Maybe we have the Russian interests too little for the German audience "translated". We could have possibly can question the NATO position even more critical.
Specifically, we have taken in the discussion of our correspondents before criticism. You have done an excellent job under physically and psychologically grueling conditions. They have been carefully researched at any time. It is clear that research on the part of the separatists at times was not possible and the information of the Ukrainian side were controlled interest. Overall, they have done an excellent job. The correspondents deserve our respect and our backing.
The question remains, what can we learn for our future work it. We should more clearly disclose when we do not know something (!). Often the question "Who benefits?" To detect possible manipulation of information helps. We will continue to identify the main areas of our reports according to journalistic criteria and not by stubborn proportional representation. We will always check the accuracy and selectivity of our terminology. Above all, we have today a made: We will continue to not let criticism wonderful to us, but check us again and again, whether we are right.

blog.tagesschau.de... [Trans. Google]

In other words, there was no deliberate falsification, nor was there intentional bias. They simply trusted Kyiv more than they trusted Moscow for their information. I don't blame them. When you compare RT's version with what the blog actually says, you can see how journalism becomes propaganda.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

So an excuse of the confession of the perpetrator is better ?

No, they are confessing they have done typical MSM propaganda reporting :

Leaving out critical information and one sided.

And then they try to excuse themselves in a rather pathetic way. They make the excuse of being some kind of amateurs when they are the nr. 1 news recourse for 62 years in Germany...a good lesson in how to make something which is worse even more worse...idiots.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Whereas the RT article you linked to added editorial content in such a way that it actually made it seem that Kai Gniffke was "confessing" to something he was not. That amounts to fabrication. But, of fourse, that's okay if Russia does it.

The most important point is that people expect and demand journalistic integrity in Germany, but expect and accept nothing but the official government line in Russia. Remember how those journalists quit RT?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I would rather watch Western mainstream media than state run media from communist countries. It does make me chuckle how some people don't trust anything that's presented to them whether it is from the mainstream media or independently sourced information and then want to argue for the sake of it - the mind boggles. Western media is more objective than oppressive state run media in, for example, Russia.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Whereas the RT article you linked to added editorial content in such a way that it actually made it seem that Kai Gniffke was "confessing" to something he was not. That amounts to fabrication. But, of fourse, that's okay if Russia does it.

The most important point is that people expect and demand journalistic integrity in Germany, but expect and accept nothing but the official government line in Russia. Remember how those journalists quit RT?

No, the important point for Western people is that they have not been given journalistic integrity by their media.

Why would they care about what is being said in Brazil, Kenya, Loas, etc., they don`t live there.

There were for crying out loud Western reporters in Donetsk and Lugansk during the shelling, so it just BS they couldn`t report on it.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Why would they care about what is being said in Brazil, Kenya, Loas, etc., they don`t live there.

Why do you care about Ukraine? You don't live there.

There were for crying out loud Western reporters in Donetsk and Lugansk during the shelling, so it just BS they couldn`t report on it.

What are their names? Which news organizations do they work for?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Because it effects where I live.

There were Dutch reporters, no idea what their actual main employer was we use a network of them who do reporting, even Belgium reporters interchange with us. It was probably from our main news (NOS Journaal), our main background news (Nieuwsuur) or other background news (2vandaag).

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Because it effects where I live.

There were Dutch reporters, no idea what their actual main employer was we use a network of them who do reporting, even Belgium reporters interchange with us. It was probably from our main news (NOS Journaal), our main background news (Nieuwsuur) or other background news (2vandaag).

Translation: You are under the impression that there are Dutch, or possibly Belgian, reporters in Donetsk or Luhansk but you do not know who they are or who they work for.

There are OSCE observers there and they post regular bulletins documenting the activities of both sides. These reports are used by the more thorough news media (eg; The New York Times) to provide brief articles but are largely ignored by the short attention span media. You might argue that this is deliberate under-reporting, but it may simply be lack of impact and visual interest.
edit on 3-10-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to polish style.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join