It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: U.S. underestimated rise of ISIS in Iraq and Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

President Obama acknowledged that the U.S. underestimated the rise of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS, also called ISIL) and overestimated the ability of the Iraqi military to fend off the militant group in an interview that will air Sunday on 60 Minutes.

The president was asked by 60 Minutes correspondent Steve Kroft about comments from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, who has said the U.S. not only underestimated ISIS, it also overestimated the ability and will of the Iraqi military to fight the extremist group.

"That's true," Mr. Obama said. "That's absolutely true."

Ugh, he's such a liar, typical politician.

Underestimated? Anyone paying attention to the Middle East and was aware of ISIL knows they are a efficient killing machine so for the US President to spout this nonsense really pisses me off.

And I won't even get into the fact that ISIL benefited from arms and monies given to the Syrian rebels or that McCain enjoys selfies with them.

Washington knew what exactly would happened when they toppled Saddam.

If Only Dick Cheney Had Listened To This Iraq War Critic...

edit on 28-9-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

"That's true," Mr. Obama said. "That's absolutely true."

Which usually means 'no it's not true'.

Obama seems to talk in opposites many times.

The emphasis on absolutely is the give away.

They had this whole thing figured out a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Which means much more $$$$$$, many more lives and no Doubt a false flag of some sorts to get the fear up even higher.

Obama is the evil Bush was talking about. How I HATE this lieing POS.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This just means that "they" need more $$$ because the 'foe de jour' needs new gear, evidently they too watch the news.
So the arms that the US sent to arm IS are no longer sufficient. The corrupt politicians whose personal $$ is tied up into defense contracts need even more $$$ and POWER.

Out of ALL the dirty, corrupt politicians in D.C. who better than John McCain to KNOW 'war is Hell'? But He lied about the WMDs in Iraq, then wants to escalate in Afghanistan and then wants to go into Syria. Is there some monetary limit of greed? Or is He trying to join some club?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It's a lot easier to play dumb then to admit that this was probably part of the plan all along.

Weaken the whole region, while offering support to certain 'rebel' groups. After the region is completely destabilized these groups will move in and start occupations. Shortly after that the global police force has an excuse to go back into the region because of the new dire threat. Blah blah blah.

These guys had this scenario think-tanked years ago. They aren't as stupid as Obama tries to make it seem. No where near.
edit on 28-9-2014 by AnonyMason because: i might be sydlecix

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Did you enjoy any of the other lying POS's before barry?
They all lie and cover their ass when they get caught, what is new about this.

link   
a reply to: Swills

Obama underestimated ISIS because he was playing buddy buddy sympathizer of terrorist groups in Syria.

That is how ISIS has manage to get out of hand, people forget that the now leader of ISIS was once under US arrest and Under Obama he was released in 2009, to become ISIS main man.

The irony.

ISIS Leader a Product of Zarqawi and US Detention

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, leader of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, served five years in a U.S.-run prison camp.

fpif.org...

Interestingly we know that Obama has released many dangerous terrorist from Guantanamo, how many of them will become Martyrs for the Islamic cause.

link   
The pentagon corrected him by saying THEY knew as well. BUT they aren't in his CONCLAVE are they?
Much like we see on these forums TRAINED military personnel are dismissed for their opinions on military issues and IDEAS solely because of POLITICS. OR the HOLIPHOBIC.
We KNOW DAMN well what is going ON but NO they act like Nicholson in "Mars Attacks" and we who must function go nuts trying to convince them of it.

See how WELL EMOTIONS and P.C. cultural DEVIANCE has screw us. THE real laugh is if they weren't so snotty about it and played like the RIGHT does all NICE and OFFICIAL. we might have missed it's implementation. But SAYIN HOW THEY INTENDED PAYBACK that is an invitation to FIGHT and THEY can ONLY talk.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

The Lies and Deceit of President Barack Obama

War and Moral Expediency: US and Israel Support Salafist-Jihadist Terrorists in Syria

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasoul

WE HIT ourselves to START this fiasco under a REPUBLICAN with 9/11.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
You know what he didn't underestimate?

The stupidity of the American voter.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

I agree, because I was one of those "stupid", I was tired of the Republicans playing America into the hands of corporate power and running a for profits war on terror, but darn Obama in his second term (I didn't vote for his second term) has prove that he is nothing but a terrorist sympathizer either that or he is the most inept president that the white house has known, he make Carter look like a hero.

edit on 28-9-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Øbama...was too busy issuing edicts to the numerous government Agencies to refrain from slandering/profaning the 'non-existent' Muslim radicals or fundamentalist-terrorists of the Islamic Ideology that is present in the World AND in the halls of the WH

the occupier of the Oval Office (he ain't a president to many) also has been absent from +90% of his national-security-briefings held each day, preferring instead to either 'sleep-in, scan-the-digital Text, or just smoke his Fags like a opium addict it seems....
So there is where the falsehood that USA Intel 'underestimated' IS/Caliphate along with over-estimating the Thug in Iran (a Shia) leader who was presumed to give-a-damn about the Sunni majority in Iraq in the first place...

this guy (barry Obama) is a class Ø Clown that follows the late '60s BS radical/Revolutionary mindset of the weather underground radicals I think we know those idiots too...along with the lesser stooges/puppets like Abie Hoffmann

edit on th30141194317728262014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: jude11

Did you enjoy any of the other lying POS's before barry?
They all lie and cover their ass when they get caught, what is new about this.

They tried to at least cover it.

Barry couldn't care less. It shows utter contempt.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

IT'S really been nothing BUT lies since WWII. Mankind should have advanced into space DECADES ago but THEY wanted CASH not progress. And of course CONTROL.

YOU are not the one at fault. NOR am I.
I just want to have MY COUNTRY safe for EVERYONE to get a life.
edit on 28-9-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Its absolutely understandable Obama might be late in knowing about ISIS and the total fail of the Iraqi army...I mean when did the news media get this information out.

It obviously was not in a timely manner or Obama would have known, I mean come on, what do you people want from this guy, there is only so many hours in a day to read a paper and play GOLF !!!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

What I don't understand is...why "no boots on the ground" from the U.S.? TPTB say they want to train soldiers who live in those countries to fight their own battles...but isn't it (too little, too late). Shouldn't they have started this at least 2 years ago?

I just wonder what are the real hidden agenda's in all of this? Do TPTB want a ground war in the U.S.?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The premis......U.S. underestimated rise of ISIS ...

that is the cover story.... the real reason for the delay in reacting to ISIS,
is because the 5 Arab Nations had to huddle with the USA to get a handle on a plan of action

ISIS or ISIL is deliberately being kept separate from the acknowledgement that the IS has declared Itself a Caliphate
which would by default make the 5 Arab nations who are joined with the Infidel USA in bombing the Jihadist martyrs...just so many illegitimate Islamic governments in need of being replaced...(in the view of IS/Caliphate, the terror & atrocities being committed by the Sunni-Jihadists are the instructions given by the Prophet Mohammad on the art & roadmap to, building a pure Caliphate from scratch)

In a short while this factor will be played out by the Caliph Ibrahim to rally support from both internal and foreign Jihadist fighters to come to Syria-Iraq to help grow the Caliphate & protect IS from the Crusader's armies & air forces and to eventually replace the (westernized) leadership in those 5 Arab turncoat nations:
Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Jordan
edit on th30141200215429492014 by St Udio because: factoid

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
So is he admitting his policies are inept?

Was it policy to leave military hardware behind?

Why is it my tax dollars are funding this group, in the form of supplying hardware to them?

...and I should feel all warm and cuddly because?

top topics

join