It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiros Michalakis Podcast, Theory of Everything, Must Listen...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Bryan Callen Podcast

Great podcast about quantum mechanics. This podcast actually reinvigorate my curiosity to continue researching quantum theory.

Spiros Michalakis is a quantum physicist at the Institute for Quantum Information and Matter at Caltech. Drop the mic… I mean…really…Spiros is a quantum physicist at the number 1 program for quantum physics in the US…and probably the world. But Spiros is not your typical quantum physicist. He’s the most approachable, down-to-earth and fundamentally accessible quantum physicist you are ever likely to hear speak.

Wow this guy we very down to earth. Very articulate and can talk about his theory in terms I can understand. Thanks Spiros!

Science Frontier

The axioms we ultimately choose must satisfy the following conditions simultaneously: 1. the implications stemming from these assumptions are not contradicted by observations, 2. replacing any one of these assumptions by its negation would lead to observable contradictions, and 3. the assumptions contain enough power to specify non-trivial structures in our theory. In short, as Immanuel Kant put it in his accessible bedtime story The critique of Pure Reason, we are looking for synthetic a priori knowledge that can explain space and time, which ironically were Kant’s answer to that same question.

Here Spiros talks about axioms. This is what really got my attention during the podcast, his talk about axioms and time.

In physics, the Heisenberg picture (also called the Heisenberg representation[1]) is a formulation
(largely due to Werner Heisenberg in 1925) of quantum mechanics in which the operators (observables and others) incorporate a dependency on time, but the state vectors are time-independent, an arbitrary fixed basis rigidly underlying the theory.

Here Spiros makes mention of the Heisenberg Evolution. I don't recall him mentioning it specifically but he goes into detail about the principle itself.

And I'll leave you with this final video about quantum physics to listen to if your looking for something to listen to.

edit on 9/28/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

I find any talk about the wave to be interesting. I had a dream about the wave once where a female entity brought to me this wave which like a frequency wave color pattern that had densities within the frequencies that represent things and consciousness/entities. Hard to explain but the way they talk about the wave reminds me of this wave color pattern density amalgamation.
edit on 9/28/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Book/post marked to save for some day this week - I love this stuff, so thanks for sharing and giving your recommendation.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I said this very thing on ATS years ago. The collapsing of wave function is the collapsing of a probability state from above the fourth dimension. This is the only likely conclusion when viewing dimensions orthogonally. Probabilities are at right angles to time and space. This is still not enough. Light is more than particle and wave. Light is also information. By light, I am referring to more than the spectrum we see.

As I have predicted for years, science will inevitably see that consciousness preexists matter. Information science is the key to understanding quantum mechanics.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

That's the thing about our universe. It only exists on direct observation ie human perception or anything really.

Once you start exploring the depths of coding and apply it to nature, you'll see that the Universe is just one huge living computer of sorts.

Every action has a reaction, just like in coding. The human eye receives light and images and from there the brain processes it to figure out what to do with the information. You see that the sky is a certain hue. You see that the ground in front of you is muddy. But as soon as you're not looking, the Universe ain't there anymore. Just like how when we observe certain particles, they disappear when no one's directly observing them. If the programming isn't being used, it's switched off, just like computers. We think we're so smart, but we just copied off the first computer when we made our own.

You eat, you produce energy, and you try to pass on your DNA to other generations, so that they can learn from the coding inside of it. Sometimes it could be as simple as an extra cell or chromosome or it could be as major as new limbs. That's how evolution works.

The point of life is to learn as much as you can.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: thatguyy27

I agree with all of what you said.

top topics

join