It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart - "Nobody says, hey, men should not drink..."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Not that I condone rape, but if a female is acting like a whore, dressed like a whore, etc. Than she shouldn't be shocked when something like that happens to her. HAve respect for yourself.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

Dude go back to your men's rights websites. Just because you don't literally say "I think women are solely to blame for getting raped" didn't mean you're not blaming them. Yes women do fake rape wrongfully.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The woman in the linked case set back womens rights by years but for every falsely reported rape there are far more unreported rapes or, even worse reported rapes that get covered up.

Seriously man there's tons of websites out there for "victimized" men such as yourself. Take your shallowly hidden anti women hate rhetoric there. You hide it well in seemingly calm intellectual writing but anyone with a brain can see through the facade. You should really get a job in politics or the media. You're quite good at making victims seeking redress seem like they're the bad guys.

There's enough of this pathetic drivel out there already. I don't think most people are here to listen to you parrot mainstream chauvinist doctrine.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItzShadyT

Not that I condone rape, but if a female is acting like a whore, dressed like a whore, etc. Than she shouldn't be shocked when something like that happens to her. HAve respect for yourself.

Not that I condone beating the living sh** out of a person, but if you go out and act like a d*** then you shouldn't be shocked when something like that happens to you.

Your attitude is everything thats wrong with the world today.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Let me see if I can Google up a site for Hijabs. WOW.

To start with rape isn't about sex. It's about dominance. These mothers are predators.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ItzShadyT

Wait, but men will call her ugly and boring if she dresses and acts like a nun. Entertainment, corporate entities and MSM already make women purely sexual objects. Now you say "be more chaste". Which is it you hypocritical fools?

Every part of western culture is dedicated to convincing women to show skin and put out. Now you say that if they get raped for listening to you its their fault.

Which message should they listen to? Should they be fun and sexy or should they be boring nuns lest you rape them? My sister had her psyche shattered by this double standard. There was a megaphone blaring one message in one ear and the opposite in the other since before she hit puberty.

As a man I'd love to be the first to volunteer to live under the rule of women. Clearly men can't be trusted to be rational no matter how much you educate them.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's like saying "can we teach pedo's not to abuse kids" or "can enough jail change the mind of a criminal", of course it cant! Especially the sick horrible bastards who pray on the weak!

So all you can do is to protect your self best you can while still going about your daily business, I think its all about not making your self vulnerable, not opening your self up to be taken advantage of, what ever crime it may be! Obviously that guys sister who can't like function correctly because shes scared her self into obscrutity, well that's likely to be a problem the parent put onto her more than anything else. It's all about teaching your children who to assess risk, like calculated risks and being aware of your surroundings and protecting your self by keeping out of harms way best as possible.

Imagine a tourist in a foreign country, you try and not look like a tourist, not openly checking maps etc. You might find woman might not wear an over the shoulder bag in case the bag gets snatched, being in unfamiliar surroundings! They should put it over their head and across their body, maybe choose a bag that isn't easily opened (has a zip to the front), just simply so that the would be "attacker" will choose an easier target. Same for a man, he shouldn't put his wallet in his back pocket but should have it inside pocket with a zip hopefully, secret pockets are handy so those situations, passports etc!

It's not the victums fault they've been taken advantage of and you don't stop your self doing something because of the danger but you limit your exposure to these things. A pick pocket will look for an "easy" victim or pray on the weak. So do you dress like a tourist, act like a tourist, walk head on into danger like a tourist, talk loudly in your foreign accent, well no not if you have half a brain you don't!

All of these kinds of things apply to someone going out taking DRUGS (legal alcohol) in a bar, your vulnerable and need to take extra precautions to protect your self from not just the worst of the worst like rapists but also violent people who may assault you, thieves who may pick pocket or rob you, police or security who may harass or assault you etc. This all applies for men as well as woman, granted the majority of rape occurs on woman so it applies to them largely due to circumstance. I think man or woman, getting your self into a position where you are unable to defend your self from attack is irresponsible. Taking that drug until the point where you have a memory "black out", can't stand on your own two feet, lose control of bodily functions is odd behavior, like giving up your ability to protect and defend your self is scarcely stupid!

To all those idiots who are saying that they "can go out and get blind drunk day in day out and at no point will it be their fault" well of course not, no on deserves to be a victim of a crime, any crime for that matter but as I've said above, if you can't walk then you can't defend your self. Yes you should be able to just lay in the street so drunk you can't see anything and not have to worry about anything happening to you but you have a responsibility to keep your self safe.

I've seen men passed out on walls and horrible bastards and riffling through his wallet and slapping them, not to mention the amount of men I've seen attacked completely unprovoked etc. Should he be able to sit there incapacitated without being attacked, yes of course he should but will he wake up thinking "why did I put my self in that position", "that was irresponsible and dangerous, he could have killed me", "I lost eh ability to even cross a road, I could have killed my self," "what on earth am I doing not assessing risk and acting accordingly to protect my self", "who's responsibility is it to look after my well being if its not my own".

All I'm saying is for # sake, wear what you like but don't take so many drugs that you can't function any more, your in a public place and any danger could be around the corner. ANYTHING, not just rape!

If I'm so drugged up to the eye balls so horrible bastard starts on me then smashes me in the face well I'm going to be angry and upset but I'm going to be just as angry I was so intoxicated that I was unable to fight back or defend not just my self but my family and friends. I wouldn't feel I was to blame but I'd feel as though if I was a bit more responsible, me being fully aware of the risk of it happening, should have only consumed enough drugs so that I was in a position to deal with a problem, may it arise.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Yes, you should be surprised. There is no amount of "whore" behavior that should invite rape. Stares? Sure. Disrespectful remarks? Why not. Tons of advances from jerks? Of course. But rape? Nope.

By your rationale, a rich man should always dress like he's homeless otherwise he's just asking to be killed for his shoes.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I hate to take it there but to make a point, logistically if a rapist is waiting in the middle of the park does he attack the woman wearing the mini skirt walking by her self or attack the girl wearing jeans and a belt walking by her self? I just saying logically a rapist or any other criminal for that matter tends to pray on the vulnerable and weak. If you know this wouldn't it be responsible to make it as hard as possible (within reason) to make it harder for the attack to attack? Like if they had a choice to have pepper spray in their bag wouldn't it be responsible to do it?

I'm not sure what someones actual motivation would be for raping someone so I might have this wrong but one would think it's sexual. Could it then also be said that a rapist might look for these woman who are acting "promiscuous" as it might be the case that they may willing have sex rather than this rapist having to force him self on them? SO I'm guessing maybe you could be making your self look weak to those who wish to pray on people.

I don't think under any circumstance has someone deserve to be raped but taking drugs is dangerous and care needs to be taken to avoid harm.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I hate to take it there but to make a point, logistically if a rapist is waiting in the middle of the park does he attack the woman wearing the mini skirt walking by her self or attack the girl wearing jeans and a belt walking by her self? I just saying logically a rapist or any other criminal for that matter tends to pray on the vulnerable and weak. If you know this wouldn't it be responsible to make it as hard as possible (within reason) to make it harder for the attack to attack? Like if they had a choice to have pepper spray in their bag wouldn't it be responsible to do it?

I'm not sure what someones actual motivation would be for raping someone so I might have this wrong but one would think it's sexual. Could it then also be said that a rapist might look for these woman who are acting "promiscuous" as it might be the case that they may willing have sex rather than this rapist having to force him self on them? SO I'm guessing maybe you could be making your self look weak to those who wish to pray on people.

I don't think under any circumstance has someone deserve to be raped but taking drugs is dangerous and care needs to be taken to avoid harm.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: docgreen15

The message is out and has been. Most women are cautious and many are still raped. Not every rape victim is a drunk whore like you folks seem to propose.

What about the women in the military that get raped? They're wearing a uniform and certainly not getting #faced. Explain how the uniformed sober hard working women in our military women are getting themselves raped. What tips do you have for them to stay safe?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45
I never said any rapes are provoked, I felt it worth mentioning though that drugs play a huge part in many a rape and people have a thing where they seem to assume they can consume as much legal drugs as they wish and thats perfectly legal therefore it's perfectly ok to be that way. I'm saying it's perfectly ok if you accept the fact you can no longer defend your self and are in that sense prepared for the worst. We all wish it never happens but it does.

What advice could you give, "plan for the best, prepare for the worst"! You assuming that I'm saying "getting drunk is getting you raped", I'm not, I'm saying circumstances, like taking drugs can increase your chances of not being able to defend your self from attack, it also clouds your judgement etc That's not saying that if your sobour you'll be able to defend your self and be fine but you'll certainly have your wits about you more and have a "fighting chance".

These dangers exist, risks are all around us in life. It's up to us as informed adults to make choices, weigh up those risks and go about our lives.

Its the worst thing in the worst, its #ing horrible, disgusting, vile and to be honest they deserve to be jailed for rest of their lives or possibly in the worst circumstances involving children etc then they should kill them.

Again, there is no reason anyone should be raped. Its a crime, it's wrong on a million levels. Anyone getting raped anywhere is wrong but obviously people in the thread had already mentioned the "people should be able to get drugged out their faces and everything will be hunky dorey forever" theme! Thats fine in utopia but in real life their its horrible, I'm from the North of England and I see fight after fight after fight in bars all night long. There are horrible bastards everywhere, in uniforms and in dark allys lol

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I feel the need to elaberate more, as far as the woman in the millitary statement... well weighing up the risks like "I'm going to be working in testosterone crazed male dominated environment working alongside and under trained murders than literally kill people for a living" and then assuming you'll be safe is literally insane! Again, this does not translate to "deserving" anything or "expecting" anything, it's just saying being logical she works with people who clearly could flip at any point and do radical # at the drop of a hat, I'd feel unsafe in that environment. It's a bit of a sad state of affairs but obviously the military attracts a large proportion of complete scum. It's like the people making the bombs are a certain type of #, the people dropping them are another type of #!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Dude go back to your men's rights websites. Just because you don't literally say "I think women are solely to blame for getting raped" didn't mean you're not blaming them. Yes women do fake rape wrongfully.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The woman in the linked case set back womens rights by years but for every falsely reported rape there are far more unreported rapes or, even worse reported rapes that get covered up.

Seriously man there's tons of websites out there for "victimized" men such as yourself. Take your shallowly hidden anti women hate rhetoric there. You hide it well in seemingly calm intellectual writing but anyone with a brain can see through the facade. You should really get a job in politics or the media. You're quite good at making victims seeking redress seem like they're the bad guys.

There's enough of this pathetic drivel out there already. I don't think most people are here to listen to you parrot mainstream chauvinist doctrine.

I'm not a victimized man... I'm not even a man, lol. It's funny that everyone here totally misunderstood what I'm getting at and are now acting like they know who I am, or even what gender I am. I don't hate women. I don't really hate anyone. I wonder what it would take to get people to actually acknowledge the fact that I'm female. Posting a picture? Nah, cos you can find pictures of people on the internet. It's actually funny because I posted this same thing on Facebook and women were agreeing with me left and right because they know me and I know that I hate this idea that women are always the victims. They are a vast majority of the time. I myself, have been in situations where I have been the victim, abuse being one of the situations. We women have ways to rise above being a victim. But apparently no one wants to see that. But that's fine.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Most predators go after a person that looks easy. Being sloppily drunk in public looks easy. As someone above mentioned, wearing minimal clothing makes it look easy. Kids are easy. But we as women can stop playing the helpless victim and we can fight. We can cause scenes when we are attacked, because a predator doesn't want attention to be drawn to them. We can take precautions that make us look less... Open?

We can stop some attacks by changing SOME things that we do. If someone suggested that I change something that I do in exchange for safety, I'd do it. I mean, why not?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
One should not force people to do things they do not wish to do it can be dangerous to ones health.All of the women in my family have been taught to hook your eye out with their thumb in 1/2 a second,both eyes if they are lucky enough,and they have had HANDS ON PRACTICE to get the feel of it and lose trepidation.

Each one has several rings they have recieved as gifts which are more than capable of surgiclly opening up an aggressor,and they have been taught the sweet spots,they have been taught how to touch these spots with their [dull]rings while wresteling with their Brothers so they can be effective when they are being overpowered.They know the location depth and vulnerability of Arterys and nerve bundles.

There is no such thing as being 100% safe but one can be 100% prepared,some people are taught to kill back not hit back..

Its the well placed 1 inch cut that you cannot seem to close that gets you.

It is really hard to get your own eye back into the socket without help,seriously.

I would not wish to be a would-be rapist standing there with my eyeball and all of its neat looking cords hanging down the side of my face with a less than happy almost-victim reaching up to grab it to have a tug of war with me and my nasty criminal eye ball.Or worse yet trying to give me a quick backhand swipe to my neck with a hand-full of razor rings looking for my sweetspot.

It is a dangerous world if you mess with strangers who are prepared.

edit on 27-9-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Because it is not a woman's responsibility to prevent rape. She shouldn't have to.

If a woman got black-out drunk, dressed scantily, and danced provocatively every single night for her entire life and she even once got raped, it would not be her fault. Rape is the fault of the rapist, no matter what.

I'm not agreeing with the OP, but personal responsibility needs to be addressed as well if the goal is to keep women safe.

Nobody should ever tell a rape victim that it's their fault because it's not, once a rape happens there should never ever be someone saying "well, you should have....." I agree it's not OK to say to a rape victim "You should have done something to avoid it"

But I think we absolutely should be telling women that these dangers exist, and there are certain things you can do to avoid or lessen your risk.

It would be wonderful if we lived in a world without violence, but that is not the case, and won't be for anytime soon. The dangers exist, and your desire for women to be able to act any way they want without fear of being attacked is noble, but simply unrealistic.

The "teach men not to rape" IMHO simply will not do anything. All women are potential rape victims, NOT all men are potential rapists. Sitting and telling a room full of men that rape isn't OK won't accomplish anything because most of them already feel that in their soul, the ones that DO think it's OK will NOT listen to someone telling them it's bad. They are sick people who need to be identified, not hidden away by being mixed in with half the worlds population as "just another man.

I'm not sure if it's hard to understand (or believe) coming from a female perspective, but rape is not something most men take lightly or defend in any way. Most of us love our sisters, our mothers, our aunts, our daughters and would never want anything like that to happen to anyone. We hate rapists too. We are your allies, but being treated constantly like the enemy for simply having a penis takes it's toll.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982

originally posted by: Cuervo

Because it is not a woman's responsibility to prevent rape. She shouldn't have to.

If a woman got black-out drunk, dressed scantily, and danced provocatively every single night for her entire life and she even once got raped, it would not be her fault. Rape is the fault of the rapist, no matter what.

I'm not agreeing with the OP, but personal responsibility needs to be addressed as well if the goal is to keep women safe.

Nobody should ever tell a rape victim that it's their fault because it's not, once a rape happens there should never ever be someone saying "well, you should have....." I agree it's not OK to say to a rape victim "You should have done something to avoid it"

But I think we absolutely should be telling women that these dangers exist, and there are certain things you can do to avoid or lessen your risk.

It would be wonderful if we lived in a world without violence, but that is not the case, and won't be for anytime soon. The dangers exist, and your desire for women to be able to act any way they want without fear of being attacked is noble, but simply unrealistic.

The "teach men not to rape" IMHO simply will not do anything. All women are potential rape victims, NOT all men are potential rapists. Sitting and telling a room full of men that rape isn't OK won't accomplish anything because most of them already feel that in their soul, the ones that DO think it's OK will NOT listen to someone telling them it's bad. They are sick people who need to be identified, not hidden away by being mixed in with half the worlds population as "just another man.

I'm not sure if it's hard to understand (or believe) coming from a female perspective, but rape is not something most men take lightly or defend in any way. Most of us love our sisters, our mothers, our aunts, our daughters and would never want anything like that to happen to anyone. We hate rapists too. We are your allies, but being treated constantly like the enemy for simply having a penis takes it's toll.

You're basically agreeing with what I said because that's what I've been trying to say...
Obviously either my wording is off or I don't know how to talk because people think I'm trying to blame people. But this is basically what I mean. I wouldn't dare say "you should have..." after the fact because could've, should've, would've... But it still happened.

God, I feel like such an asshat for even posting this now because no one understood what the hell I was getting at and now everyone thinks I'm a woman hating man. And I'm not. I'm about as far from that as I could ever be.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

edit on 27-9-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

Subjects like this are tricky to discuss, and ideas are really hard to flesh out and communicate over a message board. My post was in reply to Cuervo, when I said I disagreed with you it was because the feeling I got from your post just didn't match my views on the matter, whether that's because of poor communication on either of our part or because we don't actually agree I'm not sure, just saying how it is, not meant as an attack on you.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Wow. Okay.
Sorry someone pissed in your cornflakes. Damn.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

Wow. Okay.
Sorry someone pissed in your cornflakes. Damn.

I decided to flesh out my reply a bit more and removed the first one to avoid people quoting it while I was still editing it.

I wasn't replying with nothing to insult you. I don't eat grain anymore but I assure you my meal is fine and I'm not in attack mode

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join