It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's easy to demonise Putin," – and he's not a Hitler

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Henry Kissinger saying Putin is not a Hitler...Oh My !

I never taught someone from that "clan" would say that.

I`m shocked, have we been lied to along...

Confusing times with Davis Cameron saying we should be scared about non-violent people and now Henry Kissinger saying we shouldn`t be scared about Putin.

But don`t worry though, Henry himself is just still as scary with his new book called "World Order."

"I don't agree with Putin," he declares, "but why didn't somebody, somewhere along the road, propose a solution that would have addressed both sides' concerns within the context of an independent Ukraine? When Europe said Ukraine has to choose between Europe and Russia in a commercial negotiation, [maybe] saying the opposite, saying let's do it together, might have made great progress."

"It's easy to demonize Putin," he continues. "Of course he's not easy, but one has seen that type of Russian leader before – and he's not a Hitler."

You got that right Henry, he was easy to demonize.

Possible war between China and US in the future...?

It says much about the dangerous tilt of the world that when we meet – 43 years later – we find ourselves talking about the possibility of war between the US and China. The subtle diplomatic architecture that Kissinger constructed in those historic visits looks increasingly under threat. In his new book, World Order, he cites a Harvard study that shows that in 10 out of 15 cases, when there's an established power and a rising power, war ensues. I ask him how likely he thinks conflict is, and what can be done to avoid it.

"Both President Obama and President Xi – President Xi particularly – have said they would like the relationship to demonstrate how tensions actually could be dispersed between a rising power and an existing power," he replies in his distinctive lugubrious gargle. "But having said that, they have not been able to give it a practical expression. And I think it is a huge problem."

Source

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Propaganda Rule #1:

Always believe the opposite.

Sadly, most are falling for it too...

"One should never forget that the Rothschilds NEVER lost ownership of both Russia and China, even today." Source

Most people think Communism is an ideology dedicated to championing workers and the poor. This was an incredibly successful ruse which manipulated millions. The New World Order is Communism

edit on 27-9-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Kissinger the clean up man...

is doing damage control.

Ukraine funny business didn't turn out as planned. Wrong plane was shot down and now, they are really afraid of Putin.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

After Gaddafi, Assad Westren News Media Outlets Need an Newer Enemy.

"Back to the Slavic People"

edit on 27-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Never thought I'd say it,but I agree with Kissinger. Thing is, I have to wonder what hes up to by saying this. He never does anything straight up. There is always some nefarious goal behind it.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Weather Rothschild or a Rockefeller it matters not who runs the country as long as you control the money . Oh and that little Climate Change campaign that has been beet into us all from all sides ,it also has the tentacles from the ones that control the money . Remember that they work both sides of the street .

In a blast of publicity, the Rockefellers Brothers Fund (RBF) announced it would “begin” divesting all fossil fuel investments. The Rockefellers brothers, offspring of the founder of the industry, were said to be marking a major turning point in the great trajectory of climate change. Except, they still have holdings they aren’t talking about.

wattsupwiththat.com... a reply to: Murgatroid

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

An interesting opinion for sure.

As for his comment son why things were not resolved before it became a problem? The attempts were made.. From the collapse of the USSR, to Ukraine gaining independence, to the agreements that were made between Russia, the US, Ukraine, etc.

Russia had no interest in an equal relationship and this has been demonstrated since the collapse with how they treat former SSR's. Just like the latest EU-Ukraine agreement in terms of economic trade. Russia is interfering and demanding changes. Changes that would harm Ukraine and benefit Russia only.

As for the Hitler comment - Contrary to what Kissinger states, Putin has acted like Hitler, from his justifications using "ethnic Russians" to his use of the term Nazis when describing those in Ukraine who don't agree with Putin's view.

Kissinger, you , me... We all have our opinions.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Those who call Putin a Hitler.....................are infact Hitlers themselves.

First they prey on a country via internal commotion, then apply economic sanctions and after that use a coalition i.e. "the real axis of evil" to attack that nation.

This "real axis of evil" is trying very hard to project enmity between Russia and China. But the more "the evils" try, the more clear and confident RusChin friendship becomes.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

Gaddafi, Saddam were all alone. Assad had Russia and Iran backing up and hence Assad is still there.

Problem with the "real axis of evil" is, they attack one weakened country using the whole alliance and then thump their chests like "drunk bastards".

Slavic people are the one's who will behead this "real axis of evil" and then trample them repeatedly..........just like they did to the Nazis and Neopolean.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

Actually, it is Islamists the United States is actually bombing, not Europeans, remember?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Its Both.
Islamists/Arabs in the MidEast. Bombings by America and her ally Turkey for allowing the ISIS to grow.
Slavic People in Eastern Europe. Ukraine.

Unless like your government are not considering the Ukrainians as a new race. Oh and they are desperate on forcing Serbia to join the EU so yeah Slavic People.
edit on 28-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Unless like your government are not considering the Ukrainians as a new race. Oh and they are desperate on forcing Serbia to join the EU so yeah Slavic People.

I assume your government considers every single European dialect the marker of a "race" that has genetic characteristics different from other human beings. Ukrainians are people who inhabit a geographical region the boundaries of which Russia has violated. They speak four different languages there, two of which are closely related.

The EU is in no hurry to add Serbia as a member. Apparently your news sources are not reliable.

To return to topic, the OP is taken out of context. In his book, Kissinger describes the European "Westphalian system," in which nation states do not interfere with each others' internal affairs. He explains how Russia never really bought in to the system fully, and as the USSR it would alternately flout the system by professing to lead world revolution, then withdrawing behind the system when criticized for human rights violations. Putin continues this schizophrenic attitude by accusing NGOs of attempting to subvert Russia, while meddling in the affairs of nearby states himself.

As for comparisons to Hitler, no one is accusing Putin of implementing genocidal programs. The comparisons are with Hitler's use of pseudo-diplomacy and force to expand his national boundaries... in violation of the Westphalian system. I'm pretty sure Kissinger would agree to that characterization.

edit on 28-9-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to add additional material.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

OMFG, you`re now implying Kissinger would agree with you so you can hold onto the Hitler fallacy?

Just when you taught you have read it all...

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

OMFG, you`re now implying Kissinger would agree with you so you can hold onto the Hitler fallacy?

I don't think that word means what you think it does.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I don't think that word means what you think it does.

How am I not surprised you think that ?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
Those who call Putin a Hitler.....................are infact Hitlers themselves.

Not so... As I pointed out before you guys are having issues understanding the argument behind calling him Hitler. and I feel it revolves around the warped sense of History that you guys keep using.

Almost everything Putin has done to date, including his choice of words and his justifications, were uttered by Hitler. The manner in which Putin argues his point were uttered by both Hitler and Stalin.

First they prey on a country via internal commotion, then apply economic sanctions and after that use a coalition i.e. "the real axis of evil" to attack that nation.

Which is what Russia has been doing since the collapse of the Soviet Union in an effort to keep influence over former SSR's. When those SSR's stray to far off course Putin acts. Georgia.... Ukraine are examples. When the US invaded Iraq in 2003 Russia and China could have placed sanctions on the US, either through an attempt in the UN or on there own, as is occurring to Russia.

they did not do this though.

Why?

You guys act like the US / West are the only nations able to place sanctions on another nation. At the same time you guys conveniently ignore the fact Russia has sanctions in place on Ukraine.

This "real axis of evil" is trying very hard to project enmity between Russia and China. But the more "the evils" try, the more clear and confident RusChin friendship becomes.

And again you are wrong. What we keep trying to point out, to which you and some others ignore at all costs, is the fact Russia and China have never gotten along and most likely never will. The only reason they are cooperating in the manner they are is for the short term they have a few common interests. Those common interests will soon give way to the fact that their foreign policy agendas are incompatible with each other.

Russia and China both see themselves as the anti US and both want the crown and are not willing to share it. The mindset in Moscow and Beijing does not and will not allow for strategic sectors of their economy to be dependent on each other. All we have to do is look at history between Russia and China to see how it will turn out.

With the unrest China is currently facing in there west and south, in addition tot he massive issues in Hong Kong, will result in 1 of 2 things for China. A massive crackdown of the likes we last saw during Tiananmen square or the collapse of the Chinese government as we know it now.

Putin is starting to have these issues in his country with regards to what he is telling the Russian people and what he is actually doing. That is compounded by his stance towards the west.

To him its personal...

There is a saying -
Before a person sets out on a quest for revenge, he should dig 2 graves first.

Putins latest stunt to support what we have been trying to point out to you guys -

Rus sia moves to take control of oil firm from billionaire

(Reuters) - Russia moved to wrest control of an oil company from oligarch Vladimir Yevtushenkov on Friday, seizing his conglomerate Sistema's (AFKS.MM) shares in the firm and deepening investors' fears the Kremlin wants to reclaim prized state assets.

A Moscow court ordered the seizure of Sistema's stake in Bashneft (BANE.MM) a day after a judge refused to release Yevtushenkov, who is under house arrest on suspicion of money laundering during the oil firm's acquisition.

Shares in both companies tumbled, with Sistema's stock now down by more than 50 percent since Yevtushenkov was placed under house arrest on Sept. 16.

The case has raised fears among investors that President Vladimir Putin wants to increase intervention in the economy as Russia tries to cope with Western sanctions imposed over the Ukraine crisis.

Although Yevtushenkov has kept out of politics, the case has drawn comparisons with the fate of Mikhail Khodorkovsky, the former chief executive of the Yukos oil firm who was jailed on fraud and tax evasion charges a decade ago after falling out with Putin.

"They (officials) are telling themselves, to ease their conscience, that they are doing a high-minded thing by returning it to state ownership," Sergei Petrov, an opposition deputy, told Reuters this week. "The channel is already known, the method has been tested ... as it was last time with Yukos."

Khodorkovsky was freed last year but Yukos, which was once worth $40 billion, was broken up and nationalized with most of its assets eventually handed to Rosneft (ROSN.MM), an energy giant run by a Putin ally.

RESTORING FEDERAL OWNERSHIP

Click link for remainder of article.

The actions above, by the way, are similar to what Nazi Germany did.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

A fallacy is an invalid argument. The analogy between Hitler's tactics and Putin's tactics is precise and valid Do we need to go through all this again?

Leader of country A claims members of ethnic group A are being persecuted in country B. Leader of country A claims only humanitarian thing to do is to send troops into country B to protect the persecuted minority.

Now, let A = Germany and B = Poland. Is the statement True or False?
Now, let A = Russia and B = Ukraine. Is the statement True or False?
If both propositions are True, and they are formally identical, the analogy is valid.
Leader of Germany:Germany as Leader of Russia:Russia, True or False?

Country A mounts a propaganda offensive in country B. Country B holds a referendum to join country A. Country A immediately annexes country B, increasing its territory.

Now, let A = Germany and B = Austria. Is the statement True or False?
Now, let A = Russia and B = Crimea. Is the statement True or False?
If both propositions are True, and they are formally identical, the analogy is valid.
Leader of Germany:Germany as Leader of Russia:Russia.

Any questions?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes we know you think you can make everything look like it`s the same.

With some creativity it can be done for every country, but that doesn`t make it true now doesn`t it ?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Fallacy :

A mistaken belief, especially one based on unsound arguments.

Source

You probably will start to twist Oxford Dictionaries too.
edit on 28-9-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Fallacy :

A mistaken belief, especially one based on unsound arguments.

Source

You probably will start to twist Oxford Dictionaries too.

How are my arguments unsound? If you cannot disprove them, they stand.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join