It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outlast - What Have I Gotten Myself Into??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
After talking with the ATS Staff, I received permission to post links to these videos. Links ONLY.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING VIDEO LINKS CONTAIN COMPUTER GRAPHIC GENERATED GORE.

Please do NOT repost my links as embedded video in this thread.

If you have not played this game, or watched other YouTubers play it, you may find this game very disturbing. It contains scenes of people that have been mutilated in many ways that look horrific. If such things disturb you DO NOT WATCH THESE VIDEOS!

You've been warned.

That said:

A while ago in a different thread, a member here suggested I give the game Outlast a try. I had a friend of mine also suggest a while ago to get this game and try it out, after I claimed that Amnesia was not that scary too me really.

The game is available through Steam, and right now runs about $19.99 USD. I put it on my wish list, and back on Wednesday, Steam lowered the price to $6.79 USD during their Mid-Week Madness Sale. So I got the game.

You play a investigative reporter who has gone to a mental institution to investigate strange things that are happening there. It's out in the middle of nowhere, and of course you arrive at night. From that point on you need to run, hide, and try not to get killed.

I have to say, this certainly is one of the SCARIEST games I've played so far, and I've barely gotten into it! I actually debated about posting here about it.

The first video, as with most horror games, starts out slow, and there is no real gore in it. It still creeped me out however.

So here are the links. Mind the warning above!

Outlast - Part 1 - Into The Crazy House

Outlast - Part 2 - OMG! Almost Croaked!

Outlast - Part 3 - Lights Out! It's Gone Dark!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

You`re coming up with the wrong links...if you want to laugh your ass off, watch and listen to this guy playing it.

But actual play the game first and then watch the black guy playing it, playing it before you have seen it makes it more fun.

And there`s also an expansion pack out which is also worth while.

[SNIP] - (no embedded gore please)

www.youtube.com... - (gore warning)
edit on 9/27/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

If I am not mistaken, those videos are of the OP playing the game himself...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Ok, but I have played the whole game and watched the black dude playing the whole game. I haven`t laughed as much in years watching him play. That guy is such a chicken and so funny because of it. If you want to have a serious laugh watch the black guy play also.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

If I am not mistaken, those videos are of the OP playing the game himself...

Yes, the videos in my OP are of myself playing the game.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Lol...I love watching your gaming videos, your reactions crack me up everytime.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus

Lol...I love watching your gaming videos, your reactions crack me up everytime.

Peace.

Thanks!

I have a feeling based on what I have played so far that I'm going to be having a LOT more "reactions" as I play this game, hehehehe.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ive watched a few people play outlast, GlitchyMsTwitchy and DevilDogGamer, thats a sick game

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Completed it a few months ago.

Got it on Steam sale for like $5.

Completely worth it!

Game on my friend.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I got it for free months ago on PS4. It was actually a pretty decent horror game. I still have it on my PS4. It's more about survival than guns ablazin'.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Next four parts have been uploaded.

This game is really intense for me!

Wandering around in a flooded dark basement. What could go wrong, right?

Outlast - Part 4 - The Basement.......omg

Now I'm down in the actual loony bin part, and I meet the Grimm Brothers. They want to eat my what????

Outlast - Part 5 - The Grimm Brothers

This place is like a maze.

Outlast - Part 6 - Frick and Frack

How do I get out of here? It's like I'm trapped!

Outlast - Part 7 - TRAPPED!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Next set of episodes. This place just keeps getting more and more INSANE!

Outlast - Part 10 - Mob Chase and Mad Doctor

Outlast - Part 11 - Missing Fingers and HUGE Scissors

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Nice uploads mate! Even though I've already completed the game myself I still enjoyed watching this. You should also play the latest DLC called Whistleblower! And I recommend to kill the lights entirely in your room for maximum experience. Good luck sir!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Perceiver

Thanks! I've got more episodes to upload, but I've been busy downloading things at night (Dragon Age for my wife and son, and I just got Thief which is a 20 GB download).

Turning off the lights is hard when I'm recording myself while playing.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Cool! Keep it up!

Yeah I know what you mean, but I've seen other streams where only the light from the computer screen is lit, and it works pretty well. Maybe depends on the camera though.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Finally got another episode uploaded. Apologies for the lack of them as I've been on a binge playing Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3, hehehehehe.

I also have been busy playing Thief that my wife and son got me for my birthday.

I can tell you that after a week or so of not playing any Outlast, coming back to it seemed to make it feel even more scary to me!

In this episode, I run into Frick and Frack and end up loosing my camera! Oh Noooeeesssss!

Outlast Part 14 - Doom! Doom I Tell You!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's been a few weeks, but I finally got back to recording another episode of this game.

I can certainly verify that if you are playing a scary game, after a while, it looses some of it's dread if you're constantly playing it.
However, if you take a long break from it and come back to it (especially if you've not finished it), it can certainly recharge the scary factor!

Some good jump scares in this one:

Outlast Part 15 - It's Scary Again!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's been quite a while, but I finally finished the game yesterday. Here are the next 3 parts, the last one is short.

The ending? All I could think of was: WTF?

Outlast Part 16 - Finally Found Father Martin

Outlast Part 17 - Salt Mines?

Outlast Part 18 - The End....WTF?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join