It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible to see Ghost of Someone that Has Not Passed Yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
My father passed away recently, and I have been having a lot of trouble dealing with his loss. I have been going over and over things in my mind that occurred around the time of his death. So, I would like to ask everyone here about one of the things that happened.

My father became very ill and was placed in the ICU unit of the hospital. He was having trouble breathing due to severe pneumonia and also a serious infection. At first the doctor advised that he needed to be placed on a ventilator. He refused the vent at first because he did not want to "live on a machine" but the doctors advised that it would just be used temporarily until he recovered from his illness. Then they came back and said that he didn't need it and would probably be okay without it, but in the middle of the night he became worse and was placed on the ventilator. Unfortunately, none of the family was at the hospital when that happened, so he went through that alone. They said we could come in and see him the next morning, so we went and waited outside the door to the ICU. The hospital had specific times of ICU visitation and door was locked until that time.

While waiting in the hallway to go in to see him, I looked down the hall toward the cafeteria and saw someone walking down there wearing what looked like the same coat as my Dad's (he had an oversized red jacket that looked way too big on him) and he was walking like my Dad, same mannerisms, etc... Looked just like my Dad from behind. It was one of those moments where it takes a second to register what you just saw and when I looked back he was gone. I felt certain in my mind at that time that it was my Dad. With that certainty, I felt like my Dad must have passed away. But we went in and he was on the ventilator. He was not doing well, was not conscious, etc... but he was alive. He seemed to improve over the next couple of days and communicated with us both through mouthing and writing words. But then his health declined and he passed away a few days later.

My question, could that have been my Dad that I saw? If not, was it something else or just a coincidence? The person seemed to be lost or searching for something and looked just like my Dad from behind to me, but they were at the end of a long hallway.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: moonleaf

I'm very sorry for your loss. I have found that under extreme situations regardless if they are extreme to others but extreme to you it is easy to hallucinate. I am not saying this in a negative connotation at all. I don't believe in ghosts so i am a bit bias in my opinion, but I can say that I never really understood people hallucinating until I got older and had some experiences myself.

It is an interesting story nonetheless. And I by no means know the right answer. Just because I don't believe in ghosts/sprits doesn't mean I really know jack squat about it!

And with that that I do believe in ESP. Perhaps it was more of a hallucination esp thing instead of a ghost.

Once again sorry for your loss.
edit on 26-9-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I forgot to mention, this was during the summer. It was hot out and most people were not wearing jackets. But for some reason, my Dad had been wearing his jacket and some long sleeve shirts around that time, although it was very hot. Not sure if that was related to his illness or what. He was very hot natured and preferred the cold.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Sorry, about your father.

If you believe in this sort of thing, it is said the dead know no time. This means that the spirit from someone who passed in 2014 could technically be seen in earlier and later years. So little is known about these types of situations, it really comes down to your faith and your personal experience in the end. If you truly felt your fathers presence he could have even made you notice someone that looked similar to him for a reason. It is that reason that is important.

I would suggest you try to replay the situation in your mind and try to find a message, if one exists you will eventually find it. I hope you find peace.
edit on 9/26/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss.

Your father could have been having an out of body experience at that time. He was with one foot in this world and one foot in the other. It could easily have happened - IMHO.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I hope you don't take this as disrespectful, as I'm not trying to be. To answer your question: NIN and MM rented the tate house to record there early in their career and there were a lot of rumors at the time that the Fiend from Cadiz, Ohio kept appearing on some of their recordings even though he is quite alive and well.

If you think that a ghost is just the ethereal part of a person that can be projected outward from themselves and remains long after the body expires, then I think, yes, it is possible. A ghost is an aspect of our body even while we are alive. Maybe that is the form we take while traveling in things like OBEs.

Also, this could be a recreation from your subconcsious, or it could be you and your father communicating with one another across extradimensional space and your mind just saw the image as a way to try to make sense out of the communication you were receiving.

It could be all sorts of things. The simple fact is; however, that supernatural events are extremely rare, so to try to make a universal worldview out of them isn't very useful. If emotionally it helps you, believe whatever you need to believe. Many great men used to do all sorts of rituals and believe all sorts of things to get them through rough times.

The secret is to be ready to abandon any belief, no matter how longly you have held onto it in order to receive new truth and to respond to the world for the purposes of personal development. If you walk in life tentatively, always ready to snatch your foot away from the collapsing ground, you should be fine. I have climbed to the depths of the greatest delusions imaginable and crawled my way back out without the aide of any therapists. Your mind is a compass that can lead you almost anywhere. It is almost like that one Jack Sparrow had in that movie, I think.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Interesting. Maybe a different timeline/reality bleed over?

Not that I believe that necessarily, don't even know what I believe, but there are lots of theories out there....

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Your post is uncanny because I made a post recently because I have been very frustrated finding people to talk to about my experiences. I believe the living " haunt" more than the dead and I stand by that statement.

In " shamanism" ( lack of a better word) I have heard a middle realm where you will come across astral travelers who don't know they are traveling or dreaming. They are very difficult to deal with in my experience because they are acting out on things buried in their subconscious. In my experience these types can be very dangerous as well as very positive. It all depends on their state of mind.

I believe that absolutely could have been your dad.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
A ghost is an aspect of our body even while we are alive. Maybe that is the form we take while traveling in things like OBEs.

I would be very interested in hearing more of your story because I believe in that statement whole heartedly. Unfortunately I haven't found many willing to accept that statement.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: paleorchid13

Yes, absolutely. If I could figure out how to PM you on this site, I would do that. Ergh. It took me forever to figure out how to flag and star a post here. I just feel so block headed sometimes.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Have you considerd that it was you fathers Doppelgänger?

Doppelgänger is a German word many “double goer” and refers to a wraith or apparition that cast no shadows and is a replica or double of a living person. They were generally considered as omens of bad luck or even signs of impending death – a doppelgänger seen by a person's relative or friend was said to signify that illness or danger would befall that person, while seeing one's own doppelgänger was said to be an omen of death. -
www.ancient-origins.net...

I think that fits you experience very well.
edit on 28 9 2014 by CorvusCorax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thank you for your replies. Not sure about the Doppelgänger theory. What I have read about them suggests to me that maybe it would have come my way or at least tried to communicate...my interpretation anyway.

I cannot explain very well in words how strange it was. There were many people at the end of the hallway, but he stood out and I immediately focused on him. He was walking like he was lost which really bothered me and still does. For a brief second, I really wanted to go after him, but then I had a strong feeling that my Dad had passed and really just wanted to get to his bedside.

When I visited him that first day, it felt like he was not there. In the following days of his hospitalization, when he seemed to be getting better, I believed that he was doing better and was going to come home. He communicated and had his normal facial expressions and reactions. But a couple of days before he passed, he just seemed to be gone again.

But the worst feeling was when they called us in and he died. I felt the strongest empty feeling in that room. He still had some activity on the monitor, but the nurse said it was nothing that would sustain life. But he was completely gone. It stood out in the air so much to me. Just the feeling had me in such confusion and shock.

I am a Christian, and I believe in souls leaving the body, but I have never experienced death close up, other than at the funeral home, until now. And that is the best way I can describe it, is that what made him Dad, left his body and was gone.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

So sorry for the loss of your father, he'll always be with you though. We never really lose them completely, I know they come back and visit both in dream and waking life.

I've pondered this question myself too. I had a Near Death Experience at 25, had to be resuscitated by defibrillator in the ICU. Ever since then I have tons of Out Of Body Experiences.

Based on my own experiences with NDE and OBE, I would say, yes that was your father.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss. I know of many stories like this but the one that comes to mind was for my uncle's wife. Several years ago, she was hospitalized for some illness. My wife and sister-in-law swore they saw her driving a car past them. They were flabbergasted since they knew she was hospitalized at that time. Several hours later they found out she had died in the hospital.

These things happen. I don't claim to know much about cause and effect with this stuff but several family members can attest to phenomena like this happening.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I am very sorry for your loss.

often times people leave their bodies before the heart stops. I have heard a lot of stories of this over the years and although I have not seen it myself, from my understanding of how the spirit leaves the body it is entirely possible that you saw him before he actually died.The consciousness is gone before the physical in some instances,
especially if it is inevitable.

Whether people believe me or not, it is my understanding that this is how it works often when someone is bed ridden, and dying. They are gone before the body shuts down.

It is a sign to you that he walked out and away without harm to himself.

But only you can accept this or disregard it.

Again, I am sorry for your loss, however, what you saw was your dad leaving without suffering.
edit on 28-9-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

When my mother passed away I felt a tornado of love engulf me whilst driving. I knew instantly that she had died and said allowed, don't worry about me, go to God, I will be with you, soon enough. So don't feel sad, be happy for your father. Does it really matter if it was him in the corridor or not. We are all spirit and will realize that fact when we pass over.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm going to be to the point, yes that could very well have been your father's spirit.
It also could be a blurred perception. You will encounter similar sightings that will remind you of your father through out
the rest of your life.
Unless you are determined to follow through, you will always be wondering and guessing.
If you want to know the truth what's out there, look up my previous posts on echovox
if interested pm me.

sorry for your loss,
I also lost my father, he died when I was 14
my mom was murdered last year,
so I don't play around

top topics

join