It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water on Earth is older than Sun!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This sounds really weird, but the jury is out for declaring much of the water on this planet is pre-dating the solar system. There are levels of "old water", but this must beat anything with clear margin. The article is a bit hazy on the academic accolades, but atleast an astronomy student solemnly stands for this bold claim.

"If our sun's formation was typical, interstellar ices, including water, likely survive and are a common ingredient during the formation of all extrasolar systems," Cleeves added. "This is particularly exciting given the number of confirmed extrasolar planetary systems to date — that they, too, had access to abundant, life-fostering water during their formation."

Link

The obvious thought - which atleat I got from this article - is, considering our own cycle for watery usages, are we drinking and swimming in - alien piss?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Read this as well.
Would help the argument also that a massive Comet/Asteroid water filled could of impacted the warming EA*RTH and steamed into atmosphere and or settled into water-oceans-seas-rivers & lakes... Also it may confirm the presence of non liquid water present throughout the Universe. Unless the STAR that provided Nebula like material that predated the SOLsystem and provided its building materials carried or made water based molecules that later settled and chemically changed during the planets of SOL System cooling process and SOLs ignition...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Flame me if you must - but the bible says this is so.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

This was the first direction my mind went in

I had a typical Christian upbringing, but I always smile when science helps affirm what my religion says about creation.
edit on 26-9-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
if you really want to have some fun do this:

1. Get a Holy Bible, and a pencil.
2. When God begins to make creation, draw it out on a piece of paper.

What you will come to find is that, according to the Bible, you have Earth that is surrounded by space, which is in turn surrounded by water.

So according to our bible, the universe is surrounded by water.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

What he said.

I was actually contemplating on whether or not to make a thread on this. Might as well post it here.

They say water on earth is older then the sun.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep(water). And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.(sun)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this.

It's good to see science confirming what the Bible has already known since the beginning.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Well, there is no over/under/up/down in a formless void or God's palace in the sky or whatever you call it.
All the orientation geometry is relative to something else. But I get a sense that the details aren't really that important.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
For a very long time now, I've even mentioned it in other threads and boards, I have had what I call "The Grand Unification Theory".

This theory basically states that science and mankind will advance to the point where we can not only prove God exists, but may even be able to communicate with God.

This little pet theory of mine also states that basically science and religion are one-in-the-same. That that one day they will unify.

To me science is the study of God's principles, laws, and nature. Because, in my opinion, nothing exists outside of the mind of God.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
**Just a reminder** This thread topic is in the Space Exploration Forum.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Well, there is no over/under/up/down in a formless void or God's palace in the sky or whatever you call it.
All the orientation geometry is relative to something else. But I get a sense that the details aren't really that important.

Unless God is all encompassing, and surrounds everything.

As I stated in a previous post - the bible says that water surrounds the universe, and if god surrounds the universe, then he would be over it - no matter what direction you go....

But I guess studying the details of this topic aren't that important either....

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
**Just a reminder** This thread topic is in the Space Exploration Forum.

You are correct - I'll refrain from theological conversation going forward. My apologizes.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This seems like a no-brainer to me. Any element heavier than iron is formed in a supernova, so many elements on Earth must be older than the Sun. Stands to reason that elements lighter than iron could also be older than the Sun. I guess you could get technical and say that the hydrogen in the sun is older than the Sun, too. In fact, most of the matter in the solar system probably existed before the solar system was formed. The only thing that has changed is that the Sun is making heavier elements out of hydrogen.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

As all other such claims, they fail when they need to explain how the universe came to be. Because, first you need a sun to make a supernova, to have asteroids and the like.

Of course, this "model" of the Universe isn't the only one ... but as long as we have this model, a sun predates the asteroids, period. And although water is hydrogen, it needs oxygen to become water ... and oxygen is only produced in older type suns. According to the model, we live by ...

So ... water may predate the earth, but the earth doesn't predate the sun ... not by the model, we live by ... and the water on this planet, does NOT come from asteroids. This has been proven ... but is produced from the inside of the planet, just like the planets atmosphere in general.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Great, I just finished drinking a glass of water then I read the 'alien piss' comment!

Fascinating stuff mate, thanks for posting

edit on 26/9/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

and then look up all the scriptures about water in the Bible

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

oops sorry didn't read your post before posting

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Stop talking about God and the Bible!

Now that I got that off my chest:

Practically every element in the Solar System (including the Sun), apart from some helium, is older than the Sun. The Sun currently fuses hydrogen into helium, so there's some "new" helium in our system. The rest (including oxygen and hydrogen that make up water) originated in the interstellar medium enriched by previous supernova explosions.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Are you guys trying to say God doesn't exist?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
From the linked article:

"The implications of our study are that interstellar water-ice remarkably survived the incredibly violent process of stellar birth to then be incorporated into planetary bodies," study lead author Ilse Cleeves told Space.com

And to think that ATS is full of people who believe water can be used as a fuel...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join