It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Catching Up On Global Stage With New Advances In Military Hardware

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Bold News Design For New Domestically produced Fighter Jet

Iran has presented its first domestically designed defense fighter-bomber jet with limited stealth capabilities. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stressed that the plane was designed for defense purposes, and will not be used for aggression.

Codenamed Qaher-313 ('Conqueror'), the jet is an advanced single-seat single-engine military plane. It is reportedly capable of engaging targets on the ground, as well as achieving air superiority in dogfights.

According to photos published by Fars news agency, the jet boasts impressive technical specifications, with a ‘stealth’ design similar to that of the US F-22 and Russian T-50. The large wingspan and inclined outward tail fins resembles the F-35, as well as the unusual-looking wings and modern seamless canopy. The jet may have been constructed using composite materials.

Pictures in article.
By the Looks of it, it would seem the Persians managed to finally recombine the composites and alloys they seized from the downed RQ-170 and manufacture them into their designs. Good job on innovation. Definitely catching up, maybe not quite there but catching up fast.

and this from two years ago
Laser Guided Munitions, Smart Artilley Mae In Iran

Iranian state TV has announced the production of laser-guided munitions and other advanced military equipment.
­Among the latest developments announced Monday on Iranian state TV was the “Basir” precision-guided artillery shell.

Defense Minister General Ahmad Vahidi said the “Basir”, which translates as “insightful”, is an “intelligent” ammunition capable of identifying its own targets and effective at a range of up to 20 kilometers.

Sounds similar to the intelligent munitions systems that have been deployed by Our armed forces.

Not trying to hype them up or anything. But am pointing out when coalition boots finally and eventually make their way into Iran in the next decade or two (it WILL happen unfortunately) there will definitely not be a cake walk. Especially given the advances they will make in the same time frame.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Making a model and flying it are two completely different things. It takes decades to refine a fighter jet. We will have to wait and see what the future holds.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe, just maybe Iran has been more than capable all the way along and the steaming piles of propaganda that the MSM have shoveled upon us over the years in regards to Iran have proved more than adequate in doing the job.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

There is already a thread on this.

From the experts on ATS it sounds like Iran are talking bull crap.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Decades in america. And overpriced too.
Not a hat long in China or Russia or i guess Iran. Definately a lot cheaper too

a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Therealjohndoe

It still takes them years too. The J-20 flew in 2011, and the earliest it might enter service, not be fully operational just enter service, is 2017-2019. Full capabilities usually follow two to three years after that.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Till I see it flying and knocking out USAF or IAF planes, excuse me for being skeptical.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Article is almost two years old. Also, let me Google that for you.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
One must remember, most military pilots in Muslim countries are chosen by who they are related to, not by ability. I knew a guy in the Air Force who "trained" these pilots. Some of these "princes" would expect to learn how to fly a 40 million dollar jet fighter when they didn't even know how to drive a car. They had drivers all their lives. Also when a Muslim fires a shot they often don't even aim. "If it is Allahs will the target will be hit>"

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe, just maybe Iran has been more than capable all the way along and the steaming piles of propaganda that the MSM have shoveled upon us over the years in regards to Iran have proved more than adequate in doing the job.

Iran is often depicted as a desert without anything... but if you educate yourself on Iran and Tehran, you will be surprised that Tehran has one of the best traffic routing systems in place.
They are by no means just a desert full of medieval men like the MSM wants us to believe.

Btw. Tehran is a beautiful city, I have friends there and I was quite surprised when I first saw pictures.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Must not be that new, came out while Ahmadenijead was still prez.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
wtf did I post this crap for??? I don't even remember doing it. Seriously need to lay off the drinks... TRASH BIN THIS THREAD

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oudoceus
One must remember, most military pilots in Muslim countries are chosen by who they are related to, not by ability. I knew a guy in the Air Force who "trained" these pilots. Some of these "princes" would expect to learn how to fly a 40 million dollar jet fighter when they didn't even know how to drive a car. They had drivers all their lives. Also when a Muslim fires a shot they often don't even aim. "If it is Allahs will the target will be hit>"

a) Muslim countries are very different from one another. There's a large cultural difference between Iran and Arab countries, in particular dissipative monarchies which fit the description above. Iran, in contrast to Arab countries, and more similar to Israel, has an indigenous technological base. It is not as good as Israel's or USA/EU/China, but it is there. There is an intrinsic science & engineering capability which rarely exists in Arab world outside petrochemicals. Think about it this way: what Arab nation designs and manufactures militarily significant ballistic missiles (integrated materials, communication & electronics technology)? None. Up until 1990, Iraq was the most technologically advanced Arab country.

Compare what missiles Hamas makes vs what Iran makes. It's the difference between a 1920's amateur vs 1950's-1960's USA or USSR.

b) knowing how to fly an aircraft and drive a car are distinct skills, and potentially driving might give wrong instincts.
edit on 29-9-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join