It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI probing suspect's recent conversion to Islam in Oklahoma beheading

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: HomerinNC
So yeah, Islam is a 'peaceful' religion
ANYONE that says that is full of BS

It is a religion of peace just like Christianity and Judaism anyone that thinks otherwise is a fool. Just because some psycho goes off the deep end and kill people doesn't mean the religion made them do it. Look at this guys prior arrest record he was a violent criminal.

I wonder what they are putting in the water in the Middle East?
They seem to have a inordinate amount of psychos over there right now.

I guess it could be inbreeding too.
Or what they are taught?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So the actions of the radical extremeists and psychos label an entire group as the same?

BTW, the thread is about the psycho living in Murika! who hasn't even been confirmed as a follower of Islam, yet. They're probing for intel about his beliefs. The only people reporting the Islam bit so far as being linked to this are Fox, and Christian Science (oxymoron that).

Not that it matters much to you, since regular muslims must be inbreeding? Prick.

edit on 27-9-2014 by AnonyMason because: cant spell

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

www.breitbart.com...

Here you go.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

not even reading it from breitbart. move along please.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

the thread is about the psycho living in Murika! who hasn't even been confirmed as a follower of Islam, yet.

Hasn't been "confirmed" as a follower of Islam yet? Really?
You must have missed this....his own page, in his own words!

Go...take a look for yourself. He isn't the only one in his internet "neck of the woods" that is espousing the same radical ideology.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

thanks for the insights

Oklahoma Beheader Linked to Al Qaeda Leader Awlaki, Boston Bomber's Mosque

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Not that it matters much to you, since Regular muslims must be indreeding? Prick.

Put words in other people's mouths much?
I was speaking of radical Muslims only.

That last part was very classy.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: HomerinNC
So yeah, Islam is a 'peaceful' religion
ANYONE that says that is full of BS

It is a religion of peace just like Christianity and Judaism anyone that thinks otherwise is a fool. Just because some psycho goes off the deep end and kill people doesn't mean the religion made them do it. Look at this guys prior arrest record he was a violent criminal.

I wonder what they are putting in the water in the Middle East?
They seem to have a inordinate amount of psychos over there right now.

I guess it could be inbreeding too.
Or what they are taught?

Perhaps what they aren't taught. There is a reason that the Taliban didn't want educated women. Consider that Afghanistan was one of the most progressive cities in the Middle East before Russia invaded and then subsequent American invasion. When you read journals from a woman who lived it all it's amazing the place could move so backwards so fast. In Taliban regions its less advanced than WWII era. **********.

Stupid people are easy to rule. Look at how the church was one of the only beneficiaries to schooling from the time of christ to the 18th century. There was a reason the church wanted to indoctrinate school every one. And during the darker years its obvious the leaders were not that bright themselves so they wanted an equally stupid populace. Kind of like Pol Pot who killed everyone with a university degree, or even people that wore glasses because they looked "nerdy" aka smart.

The west and other nations have realized though, the smarter your people are, the more efficient and useful they are. That is, as long as it isn't critical thinking smart, they want automaton, push a button and calculate this and that, smart.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I am probably on about 10 different "suspect" lists for jumping around his fb like I was. Between him and all the other "radicals" I found on his page and then viewed their pages.....
"guilt by association"

.....these people, I just cannot wrap my mind around their thinking no matter how hard I try.

ETA: I would really LOVE to link some of those other profiles I found but I am afraid (and pretty sure) it is against the T&C to do such a thing....if someone knows for a fact otherwise, maybe a mod?...let me know and I will link them if it is permissible here. People living in the states espousing this ideology.
This is the kind of thing that lets me know that all the spying, surveillance...etc. etc. etc....blah blah blah, is a gimmick.
It isn't that hard to find these guys out (and females too, btw...there were more than a few posting there that were often in agreement with this guy).......it really isn't. They don't try to hide it and they aren't subtle. What the HELL are the agencies doing if they aren't doing the job they CLAIM to be doing? (Don't answer that, the question is rhetoric...I already know the answer)

edit on 27-9-2014 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2014 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Spot on.
I say it over and over again....EDUCATION is the key. It is the reason SO much information is suppressed in various cultures around the world. Much easier to control the ignorant and much easier to bend them to one's will as well. Ignorance always seems to equal very malleable people.

link   

Thats a better source then breighbart and fox. Thanks.

Trying to make the point that not all Muslims are psychos. Don't know why i bother with that since the majority of people here have made their minds up already.

link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

So the actions of the radical extremeists and psychos label an entire group as the same?

BTW, the thread is about the psycho living in Murika! who hasn't even been confirmed as a follower of Islam, yet. They're probing for intel about his beliefs. The only people reporting the Islam bit so far as being linked to this are Fox, and Christian Science (oxymoron that).

Not that it matters much to you, since Regular muslims must be indreeding? Prick.

You are taking ButcherGuy out of context, he is referring to Jihadis, not all Islamic people of the ME. No reason to put words in people's mouths, since if you read back the whole conversation you can see we're speaking about a specific sub group.

No different than saying, "Idk what's going on down in the south, so many crazy KKK nutters down there..." Someone could say that not intending to label everyone in the south a racist nutter, only that they come from that area, or in the case of the thread, they come from that area/that religion. Considering 2 billion people are muslim, it's not that surprising that it has a lot of crazies, simply by sheer numbers.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

This guy is a strange one. You can see that he used to be a gang banger, (self admitted in his FB posts) and he carries his arrogance, frustration and hostility into his new life of islam. The dummy was probably recruited by a radical at his local mosque and they had a field day with him redirecting his "kill whitey/black power" to "Praise allah/kill infidels"

Common threads you see in local converts, displaced/misplaced anger, poor, stupid-lacking education/brain damage (crack mothers?).

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Pretty sure i didn't take the inbreeding comment out of context, boncho.

Pretty sure i'm through with this thread, too.

What this guy did was horrendous and my heart goes out to the victims family. The fallout accomplishes a widespread hatred of Muslims and that I'm not ok with. The actions of crazy mfers shouldn't determine people attitude to a whole group.

I'll gtfo now.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

He was also actively recruiting others and posted a picture of a young guy (looked to be in his teens) and claims to have brought him to Islam (paraphrasing)....

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Not that it matters much to you, since regular muslims must be inbreeding? Prick.

www.youtube.com...
Vice News on ISIS

www.nytimes.com...
New York Times openly saying that he was trying to convert people to Islam

www.nydailynews.com...
New York daily news saying he was muslim

www.cnn.com...
CNN saying all the same.

Please, check your prejudice of fox news at the door. Yes, its slanted to the right but there are alot of other MSM that are left slanted. You have to be able to read the text and go to other sources and figure out the straight line between the BS...or bury your head in the sand and pretend nothing is happening.

At this point the only thing they are probing to see is how radicalized was he and how he became the way that he is.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: Yurimaster

Very nice find!
I just spent the last hour and a half or so lurking around on his page and then the pages of some of his friends....especially the ones he personally knew and the ones commenting often on the stuff he shared.

....eye opening. Some others here would do well to take a look at those pages.
I won't link any of his radical friends (ones that are radical, imo of course...not sure about the T&C on that one) but if you go to his page and lurk around...do some reading of what he says and some of his friends are saying on their personal pages......there is nothing subtle about their radical ideology, that is most certain to anyone taking a cold hard objective look at it.

Honestly, if I was an agent from an alphabet agency investigating future potential threats....I'd definitely be taking a long hard look at some of the people this guy was associated with.
....Very interesting to see how he was "radicalized" over time. Take note of his older posts (2010-2012)....FAR cry from the more recent posts. There is a posting gap where I didn't see much posted....something has happened during that time. I have work to do or I might spend a bit more time with it, and I very well might when I done today (depending on how tired I am...lol)

Again...thanks for linking that. Very, very interesting!

you're welcome, I actually got his FB link from a FB user I follow call Salty Dad who post 2nd amendment related topic and humors stuff.
Then this ways Americans can prevent terrorism at home Read more at rare.us...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Having looked at this with some interest and following what the public thinks in the past few years, the following can be stated:

If it is indeed that the suspect did convert to Islam, and is proven guilty in a court of law, in short is going to do more damage to the Islamic religion and Muslims in the USA. There is an underscoring of fear and ultimately, distrust in those who follow the Islamic faith, is strong in this country, like a crack in a wall, either one repairs it or watch the wall fall down and collapse. If this man was Islamic and a radical, then as part of damage control, mosques and other Islamic groups are going to have to put distance between them and him. If they don’t then it will only lead more distrust and prove those who are already distrust Muslims right and those who do wrong.

The investigation has to be transparent and as the law dictates. There can be no question of misconduct on either side, and those who would dare to show up in support of this man, will need to tread lightly and carefully, lest they themselves become suspect and we start to see the rise of witch hunts come out again. The country is smoldering, people are tired, they are scared and ultimately they are at a breaking point. It is like the pendulum on a clock, one moment all things are good, the next things flare up, going back and forth. We need to let the better side of our natures guide us all.

I can not say what happened, but I am very curious to see investigation, and all evidence about such, to determine what is the truth. I believe that some things will come to light that will shock the country on both sides of this.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

is his FB page still up? Not that I want to read it.

It seems this sort of thinking is more common than anyone wants to admit.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

when can we blame religion though?

its more than just some psycho. its multiple psychos.
its the collective of all the beheadings and the talk of infidels.... its things like when a great deal of the freak out at a cartoon of the prophet.

i am not a fan of any religion. over all i really used to by into the whole islam is a religion of peace thing. i used to think that it was only the extremists that do al the bs that i mentioned.
after a couple years of things happening in this country and in others and after a couple years of seeing reactions by huge numbers of them after things like the cartoon i have changed my mind.

i just dont think they are a peaceful people. i think over all they are backwards and violent.
i think they are oppressive. that is the majority of muslims.

that is my opinion only and it has turned to that over the last couple years.

i am reading a book on phoolan devi right now. i just read one last week on srinivasa ramanujan.
of course these books talk about the culture over there. the child brides and how women are treated. how they react to things like rape and such.

over all, for the most part its a barbaric religion/culture.

i dont see how these days that can be denied

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join