It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flights Halted at Both Chicago Airports Due to Fire at FAA Radar Facility - Arson to Blame

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Nope, it would have had to happen while the station was on fire, and there are enough around it couldn't get them much in the way of an advantage. It's not like burning down the one station suddenly opens up entire swaths of land for potentia air attack. The planes cover so much ground, and fly at such altitude they are tracked by more than one station.

Even if it is Terrorism, I doubt it was a bigger attack that flogged.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

I was speaking specifically about the group's of people STRANDED at O'Hare this morning INSIDE the airport, due to cancelled flights and it was just a thought.

Luckily no one exploited this weakness, it's a big busy place when things go down. I personally had to spend the night there a few years ago due to snow, wasn't fun.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

TOTALLY DIDN'T Think of that !!!

Interesting angle, perhaps a test of this exact situation? They threaten subways too, if they could cause delays and a larger than normal grouping of individuals primed for an attack.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

I sure hope not, it seems to be a modern take on the double bomb scenario. Set off explosion while having another bomb in wait to cripple rescue workers.
Causing a bottleneck such as creating an accident in the Holland or Lincoln tunnels, then setting off a car bomb. Our transit system just seems the most logical choice for an act such as this. There are so many holes. I hate to say it but I've been idly waiting here in NJ the past couple days for the next worst day in my life(I was a 9/11 witness).

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
They are now saying he might of been upset because he was being transferred to Hawaii ?????

Sure, that makes sense. Most people wouldn't want to leave Chicago during the winter and work in Hawaii.

Setting themselves on fire and then stabbing themselves because they are going to Hawaii?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Setting themselves on fire and then stabbing themselves because they are going to Hawaii?

Then there was that flight originating from Chicago destined for Warsaw that had to divert and land in Glasgow because a sensor in the baggage compartment detected fire?

Probably cause and effect here somewhere maybe directing traffic near Pearl is stressful because of the volcano?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

Ok I wasn't aware, my wife just said control tower but everything she was getting was second hand. Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2
If you have your life setup in the area, a nice house, decent car, all your friends and family live in the area, have good healthcare you can trust, etc. then yes. And some people even like the change of seasons. (Despite the winter.) Probably not the most obvious thing to some people.

But it's that kind of thinking you're showing that also leads the decision-makers to jerk people around without serious consideration of input from the person their decision affects. Some people work their arse off, only to be disregarded when it comes to what they want on their end of the bargain. If the decision comes to move or be let go, then it's a real problem. Obviously the radar-tech guy didn't take it too well.

Also if there's ever a revolution it will probably start out piecemeal with the disgruntled and overlooked who work in key areas, and I wouldn't be too surprised if this "nuke waste" ET was a "shot over the bow" in this regard. History has this funny way of repeating itself at times, and maybe "Et tu, Brute?" should ring a bell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join