It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Being Prepared For The Mass Disappearance Of Humans?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It’s just a very popular genre right now. A lot of folks are interested in it, because a lot of folks feel that something is going to happen in the near future. The same way that “mad max” post nuclear war movies were popular toward the end on the cold war in the 80’s and early 90’s. It’s a fiction, but one that is close enough to potential reality, that it holds peoples interest and fascination with their own self destruction.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Don’t forget that there were several Twilight zone episodes based on being a sole survivor, or last person in the whole world. Also the Omega Man, from the 60’s, “The night of the comet” from the 80’s, and quite a few more if you search around. It’s not that new of a genre.
edit on 9/26/2014 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Sorry I don't share your viewpoint. .. movies like mad max were showing the dangers of nuclear weapons use. .. This would make sense because it was during the cold war.

I don't see any reason why there is now such a focus on (physically) vanishing humans ..

OG

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem
People tend to become fascinated with the “end of the world” at the turn of every century.
Its human nature I suppose.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Yes but your missing the point here. .. The first show presented in the op does not deal with an end of the world scenario. ..it deals with only 2% of the population disappearing and life goes on normally for the rest of the 98%... no end of the world there. .

OG

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
OP I have a question for you. What amount of people, and over what period of time would you qualify as mass disappearance? I ask because I would argue that the world already has a mass disappearance problem. In various forms, notably human trafficking and other missing persons.

edit on 26-9-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: format

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
These shows are all based on the series by Tim Lahaye which are Christian propaganda novels. The mad disappearance is the rapture.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
There is a mass disappearance of humans every night at my place when I ask for someone to do the washing up. As to end of the world type movies, I always fantasized about being the the last bloke stranded on earth with a bunch of Penthouse Pets. Everyone else had disappeared. What to do?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You can add `Under the dome` The TV series to the list I think for the people in the dome the rest of the world, as far as any contact goes, is gone.
www.cbs.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Everywhere I look nowadays there is a show on TV based on a sudden disappearance of a certain number of people...Its very eerie to watch these shows...

Everywhere I look nowadays there is a show on TV based on people in their 20s sharing apartments and falling in out of love...they're pretty funny to watch...

Are we being conditioned to find love through a series of unlikely events?? Are we being educated to believe that love and friendship are the values we should apply to our lives? Weird huh?

I've also noticed that many of these so-called 'sit-coms' include equal numbers of males and females and frequently offer a cast of different cultures and colours. Gender and racial equality?

I'm not buying it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

sure I agree there are humans disappearing all the time. ..I think the hallmark of a mass vanishing would be the fact that it happened simultaneously. ..at least a million people id say. .. altho there have been entire villages that vanished (with food still cooking on the stove)

now that's a vanishing!

OG

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2
I have heard about that one. ..I think that's more of a quarantine doom type scenario. .. right?

OG

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

TPTB always flag their intentions in things on TV sometimes in cartoon shows sometimes in movies. The time frames vary but by going back through whats been on TV or in the movies parallels can be found.

The Boston bombing was foretold in a popular cartoon program, I think its called the simpsons or something like that, and Sandy Hook was flagged in the move Dark Night Rising, just little games they play.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Guten Morgen from Flori-DUH.. Firstly, how can You do ads w/out thanking the sponsor? Let Me take care of that now..

These movies and those like "them" are brought to You by the architects of Agenda21™ and other brainwashing . 'Hi Folks, Glenn Beck here.. Have You ever wondered why God would allow non-Mericans to live next door to You and go to a Mosque™ instead of a Church™? How the other neighbor has 4 kids and You only have 3 but You actually have a job that contributes to society? Wouldn't it be better if there were more resources for You and other Chris†ian Mericans to enjoy, after all this fine country was founded on these principles but the Founding Fathers? You've lived long enough.

Agenda 21™ is the answer!

•Wouldn't it be knee slapping if the ONLY persons "sucked up" were the Ones now pushing their agendas? The Ones who get on typing that their religion™ is best and the ONLY way to Heaven is their way.. The place they get replanted, they are surrounded by like Souls?

•Mother Earth has shifted dimensions/chakras and those who cannot vibrate correctly need to be 're-stocked' to learn the lessons of that 'dimension'... (Law of One- The channeling sessions)

namaste

Ours not to reason why...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I think these shows are all conditioning for what's coming. Personlly, I'm keeping an eye on 9/16/2016. I know people like to claim,"no man knows the day or hour", but that only applies to what is to follow 7 years later, in 2023.

Why 9/16/2016?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The time must be nearly here because the un-initiated are now seeing the light.

Yes,this is the scenrio, now look to Humanitys One True History for the next direction.Not Archeaology which is mostly lies and misdirection,look at Geology for it will teach you truths,all you need are your eyes and ears ,you do not need "teachers" all of the data you need is now available on-line to the masses Globally.
edit on 26-9-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think it is Hollywood playing on collective archetypal fears. Archetypes have a very profound affect on the human psyche, and there are many ways to awaken them in the mind. How many times have humans, as well as our predecessors, seen an ELE? An event that large and devastating could be perpetually present in the collective unconscious of humans.

I personally believe we are headed for a mass disappearance of human life, but unfortunately, it will more likely be set in motion by natural forces, and/or by our own doing.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
They could be conditioning us for mass disappearances, or it could be a popular theme among writers. I don't know.

What I do know is that I'm glad I don't watch TV. They can't brainwash me.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic

TPTB always flag their intentions in things on TV sometimes in cartoon shows sometimes in movies. The time frames vary but by going back through whats been on TV or in the movies parallels can be found.

The Boston bombing was foretold in a popular cartoon program, I think its called the simpsons or something like that, and Sandy Hook was flagged in the move Dark Night Rising, just little games they play.

Yea they family guy cartoons happen to foretell alot of things....also the simpsons...But all we really have to look at is the date on Neos passport in the matrix movie..

OG

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Here's a different theory for those who believe in the akashic records, which are basically an ethereal record of everything that was and everything that will be. It's said that there are some people have the ability to tune in to these records and are known as psychics because they seem to be able to predict the future. Now some times ordinary human beings might accidentally get in touch with the akashic records, and I suspect creative types - writers for instance - are more prone to experiencing this phenomenon even though they're not aware that what they're writing isn't really coming from their own minds.

Now when multiple writers start to get the same message I'd say there's a pretty high chance that something related to what they're writing will come into play in the real world. My guess is that one or more apocalyptic events will take place in the not too distant future, and there will be a few survivors scattered around the globe, not sure with what purpose. Contrary to what has been said in a previous post, I don't think it will be fun to be one of the survivors, but unfortunately for some reason I suspect I will be among them. Facing humans turning into wild beasts who kill each other over a bag of cheetos or a few bottles of water? Really, you guys think that's cool?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join