It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Being Prepared For The Mass Disappearance Of Humans?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Everywhere I look nowadays there is a show on TV based on a sudden disappearance of a certain number of people...Its very eerie to watch these shows...

Also the fact that multiple shows are being produced within a close time frame of each-other all loosely based ON THE SAME PREMISE...is very disconcerting to say the least...

Here are a few shows currently airing which highlight sudden human disappearances...

"The Leftovers"

The Leftovers is an American television drama series created by Damon Lindelof and Tom Perrotta airing on HBO. It is based on Perrotta's novel of the same name.[1] The pilot was written by Lindelof and Perrotta, and directed by Peter Berg.[2] The series stars Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, Christopher Eccleston, Liv Tyler, Margaret Qualley, Ann Dowd and Carrie Coon. It premiered on HBO on June 29, 2014.[3] On August 13, 2014, HBO renewed The Leftovers for a second season.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

Is this show indicating that a real life "rapture" type event is coming soon, and that we will be the "leftovers"?

here is another one:

"The 4400"

The 4400 (pronounced "the forty-four hundred"). A science fiction TV series formerly produced by CBS Paramount Network Television in association with BSkyB, Renegade 83, and American Zoetrope for USA Network.[1] The show was created and written by Scott Peters and René Echevarria, and it stars Joel Gretsch and Jacqueline McKenzie.

The series ran for four seasons from 2004 until its cancellation in 2007.[2]
In the pilot episode, an enormous ball of light deposits a group of exactly 4400 people in the Cascade Range foothills near Mount Rainier, Washington. Each of the 4400 had disappeared at various times starting from 1946 in a beam of white light. None of the 4400 have aged from the time of their disappearance. Confused and disoriented, they remember nothing between the time of their disappearance and their return.

en.wikipedia.org...

This one is more about the sudden reappearance of humans who one day suddenly dissapaared. And from different time periods it seems...

Special thanks to ATS member "ketsuko" for digging up this upcoming movie as well, seems to be based more on the biblical events preceding the rapture, with trumpets and all.. Its scary that they arent even trying to be creative with the titles...They all sound the same!

"The Remaining"

A supernatural thriller that addresses questions of life, love and belief against an apocalyptic backdrop. A group of close friends gather for a wedding, but the celebration is shattered by a series of cataclysmic events and enemies foretold by biblical end-times prophecies. The survivors face a horrifying, uncertain future as they scramble for safety, but as their world collapses around them in chaos and terror will they choose real life through faith, or just try to survive?

www.imdb.com...

Here is one that really peaked my interest, its an upcoming movie

"Left Behind"

Without warning, millions of people around the globe simply vanish. All that remains are their clothes and belongings. The vanishings cause unmanned vehicles to crash and burn. Emergency forces everywhere are devastated. Gridlock, riots and looting overrun the cities. And there is no one to help or provide answers. In an instant, the earth has been plunged into darkness.

Ray Steele, the pilot of a jumbo jet, tries to calm his hysterical passengers who saw loved ones vanish before their eyes. It also means trying to land his damaged plane when every airport is jammed with burning wrecks, all while wishing that he could talk to his family one last time.

en.wikipedia.org...(2014_film)

Am I the only one here who is alarmed at this recent trend in the media with "suddenly vanishing" humans?

Is this all just purely for entertainment, or is there a deeper purpose to condition the public, so we wont be so alarmed when a sudden disappearance occurs?

Here is my take on what may happen in the future:

********************Warning massive speculation ahead************************

What if the powers that be realized this world was going to be unsustainable, and uninhabitable in the next 50 years...

What if they have been using the secret space program to terraform nearby planets and moons in order to resettle a large portion of humanity to these new off planet colonies to ensure the survival of the human race?

What if they realized that these people would not go willingly, would not want to leave friends and family behind?

What if the only solution they say was a MASS TELEPORTATION of people to these colonies, who would then be told they were the last survivors of the human race, and the honorable task would now be bestowed upon them as stewards to repopulate new worlds?

And what if they are conditioning the rest of us to be OK with it when it finally happens?

The thing that caught my eye when watching the first episode of the leftovers, was that a whole 2% of the worlds population was missing, but more interestingly an overall even number was taken from each country....divided evenly...a sort of noahs ark of human genetics from all countries and regions on earth?

Would love to hear some thoughts on this mass disappearance concept being pushed by our media..

OG

edit on 9-25-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I suspect TV writers are not that great or creative so they keep going back to the same ideas again and again.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

Yeah, sorry about your luck. My flight departs on Monday. It turns out there's a prime real estate development just 14 light years from here. It is a bit of a commute, but we've all agreed it is for the best if we leave the earth. The property values here are just becoming suboptimal. ;-p

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Humans have always fantasized about being the last ones left on earth after a massive population disappearance.

Whether we have dreamed of being able to go/do anything we want, or we imagine it as the ultimate doomsday.

Nothing new, in my opinion. Just clever writers gearing shows towards a fear/thought that people have.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117
Humans have always fantasized about being the last ones left on earth after a massive population disappearance.

Whether we have dreamed of being able to go/do anything we want, or we imagine it as the ultimate doomsday.

Nothing new, in my opinion. Just clever writers gearing shows towards a fear/thought that people have.

Ive imagined this myself...Being an airplane nut with countless hours on the simulator, I imagine id immediately drive to the nearest airport, hop in a nice heavy jet or even better a fighter jet at the nearest airbase and go flying!!!

No need to request clearance for takeoff, nobody's home in the control tower!

OG

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I can see them slowly trying to inform people of events or plans by using the media. When these events actually happen, many years later, by then most people will go "Wow, we knew it was a matter of time." and two weeks later things are either normal or the blow is lighter.

Like aliens. Plagues, asteroids, dystopian futures....

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I can see them slowly trying to inform people of events or plans by using the media. When these events actually happen, many years later, by then most people will go "Wow, we knew it was a matter of time." and two weeks later things are either normal or the blow is lighter.

Like aliens. Plagues, asteroids, dystopian futures....

Absolutely correct...It seems there is some sort of occult law that "they" need to inform "us" openly about things to come, before they are "allowed" to perpetrate such acts...

OG

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You missed one:

But honestly, the trend right now is dystopia and apocalypse.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think on some level it's everyone's secret dream to be one of the last few people on this planet. I know I felt this way when I saw The Stand and Tom Cullen would decorate the hell out of abandoned cities with mannequins and such. There is some weird beauty and freedom in it..

Isn't heaven supposed to be a very exclusive place? Don't the Mormons believe everyone will preside over their own heavenly planet? There are some eastern beliefs similar to a personal, private heaven as well..

I know the first place I'd go if I were one of the few...I'd go build a fort in IKEA

edit on 25-9-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If you dont mind, I will add this one to the OP.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrionsGem
Everywhere I look nowadays there is a show on TV based on a sudden disappearance of a certain number of people...Its very eerie to watch these shows...

Also the fact that multiple shows are being produced within a close time frame of each-other all loosely based ON THE SAME PREMISE...is very disconcerting to say the least...

Here are a few shows currently airing which highlight sudden human disappearances...

"The Leftovers"

The Leftovers is an American television drama series created by Damon Lindelof and Tom Perrotta airing on HBO. It is based on Perrotta's novel of the same name.[1] The pilot was written by Lindelof and Perrotta, and directed by Peter Berg.[2] The series stars Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, Christopher Eccleston, Liv Tyler, Margaret Qualley, Ann Dowd and Carrie Coon. It premiered on HBO on June 29, 2014.[3] On August 13, 2014, HBO renewed The Leftovers for a second season.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

Is this show indicating that a real life "rapture" type event is coming soon, and that we will be the "leftovers"?

here is another one:

"The 4400"

The 4400 (pronounced "the forty-four hundred"). A science fiction TV series formerly produced by CBS Paramount Network Television in association with BSkyB, Renegade 83, and American Zoetrope for USA Network.[1] The show was created and written by Scott Peters and René Echevarria, and it stars Joel Gretsch and Jacqueline McKenzie.

The series ran for four seasons from 2004 until its cancellation in 2007.[2]
In the pilot episode, an enormous ball of light deposits a group of exactly 4400 people in the Cascade Range foothills near Mount Rainier, Washington. Each of the 4400 had disappeared at various times starting from 1946 in a beam of white light. None of the 4400 have aged from the time of their disappearance. Confused and disoriented, they remember nothing between the time of their disappearance and their return.

en.wikipedia.org...

This one is more about the sudden reappearance of humans who one day suddenly dissapaared. And from different time periods it seems...

Special thanks to ATS member "ketsuko" for digging up this upcoming movie as well, seems to be based more on the biblical events preceding the rapture, with trumpets and all.. Its scary that they arent even trying to be creative with the titles...They all sound the same!

"The Remaining"

A supernatural thriller that addresses questions of life, love and belief against an apocalyptic backdrop. A group of close friends gather for a wedding, but the celebration is shattered by a series of cataclysmic events and enemies foretold by biblical end-times prophecies. The survivors face a horrifying, uncertain future as they scramble for safety, but as their world collapses around them in chaos and terror will they choose real life through faith, or just try to survive?

Here is one that really peaked my interest, its an upcoming movie

"Left Behind"

Without warning, millions of people around the globe simply vanish. All that remains are their clothes and belongings. The vanishings cause unmanned vehicles to crash and burn. Emergency forces everywhere are devastated. Gridlock, riots and looting overrun the cities. And there is no one to help or provide answers. In an instant, the earth has been plunged into darkness.
www.imdb.com...

Ray Steele, the pilot of a jumbo jet, tries to calm his hysterical passengers who saw loved ones vanish before their eyes. It also means trying to land his damaged plane when every airport is jammed with burning wrecks, all while wishing that he could talk to his family one last time.

en.wikipedia.org...(2014_film)

Am I the only one here who is alarmed at this recent trend in the media with "suddenly vanishing" humans?

Is this all just purely for entertainment, or is there a deeper purpose to condition the public, so we wont be so alarmed when a sudden disappearance occurs?

Here is my take on what may happen in the future:

********************Warning massive speculation ahead************************

What if the powers that be realized this world was going to be unsustainable, and uninhabitable in the next 50 years...

What if they have been using the secret space program to terraform nearby planets and moons in order to resettle a large portion of humanity to these new off planet colonies to ensure the survival of the human race?

What if they realized that these people would not go willingly, would not want to leave friends and family behind?

What if the only solution they say was a MASS TELEPORTATION of people to these colonies, who would then be told they were the last survivors of the human race, and the honorable task would now be bestowed upon them as stewards to repopulate new worlds?

And what if they are conditioning the rest of us to be OK with it when it finally happens?

The thing that caught my eye when watching the first episode of the leftovers, was that a whole 2% of the worlds population was missing, but more interestingly an overall even number was taken from each country....divided evenly...a sort of noahs ark of human genetics from all countries and regions on earth?

Would love to hear some thoughts on this mass disappearance concept being pushed by our media..

OG

You make so interesting points; a lot of metaphysical people I know are quick to say the beings are already here and have been here. The darker ones (or the greys) are in cahoots with government clandestine operations to do something of this sort. However, there are light beings that are against this and help (bigger picture on that one as well).

I think its conditioning for bringing back camps. Dissidents will be forced into camps and vanished from plain sight. People vanish alot in America and are never recovered, and most don't care. Throw survival from a collapsed economy and country and now you have the mentality.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Weird, but I actually believe this. I had been wondering about that new Left Behind movie.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think it is just playing upon the Bible and the Book of Revelations, which is deeply embedded in our cultural mythology and collective conscious. America was founded by Protestants, who tended to take the Bible literally (not as allegories about spiritual internal events), and that tradition has continued throughout our short history.

The turn of the millennium stirred people to focus on major endings (and beginnings), bringing this particular mythology to the forefront.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
No.
Nope.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I think on some level it's everyone's' secret dream to be one of the last few people on this planet. I know I felt this way when I saw The Stand and Tom Cullen would decorate the hell out of abandoned cities with mannequins and such. There is some weird beauty and freedom in it..

Isn't heaven supposed to be a very exclusive place? Don't the Mormons believe everyone will preside over their own heavenly planet? There are some eastern beliefs similar to a personal, private heaven as well..

I know the first place I'd go if I were one of the few...I'd go build a fort in IKEA

I only have one thing to say about the Ikea idea...HELL YES!!! And think about it, if there are any intruders, you will have plenty of time since they will be forced to walk thru the entire store, thru all the departments to get to you! LOL

OG

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Man I wish 4400 hadn't been cancelled before wrapping everything up!

I don't agree that we're being conditioned for human disappearances, but it makes for a great conspiracy theory. The kind that sends a shiver down your spine when you think about it. Even if it isn't true.

edit on 26-9-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Man I wish 4400 hadn't been cancelled before wrapping everything up!

I always thought it was aliens that abducted them and then returned them in that giant light ship?

OG

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Spoiler alert, it was humans from the future.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Spoiler alert, it was humans from the future.

Spoiler alert, Ets Are humans from the future. Just gray and stink of sulfur...

OG

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Well at least they aren't coming from the future to take our jobs!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join