It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gathering. The $1-Billion-a-Year Right-Wing Conspiracy You Haven’t Heard Of

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Because the op attacked the right.
The thread is not about the evils of lobbyist, it's about the evils of right wing lobbyist. His whole point was that the bible lovers were trying to infringe on people's rights with their religion. I only pointed out that the left does the same thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

I completely agree.

So as a sign of solidarity, will you agree with me that this gathering is not a good thing for our republic?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Ok, the left does it too. It's bad. I agree.

The right does it was well. It's bad. Do you agree?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Already said I did agree,
Not what this thread was about. It was an attack on the right, not an attack on lobbyist.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

I completely agree.

So as a sign of solidarity, will you agree with me that this gathering is not a good thing for our republic?

No I will not agree with that. They have the right to gather all they want. I don't know where their money goes. If you can show me, that might change my mind.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Already said I did agree,
Not what this thread was about. It was an attack on the right, not an attack on lobbyist.

You're right. So let's stick to attacking the right and we will be not be off topic. You're inclusion of Obama's fundraising was off topic and irrelevant.

Just saying..........

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

From 2001-12, the NCF gave $163,384,998 to leading anti-LGBT organizations. These include Focus on the Family, the Family Research Council, the American Family Association, the Alliance Defending Freedom (formerly Alliance Defense Fund), Campus Crusade for Christ (aka CRU), the National Organization for Marriage, and the Alliance for Marriage. They fund ex-gay ministries like Exodus International, exporters of homophobia like Advocates International, you name it. The NCF is just getting started, though. The Green family—who were at The Gathering in 2008 and 2013—have said they intend to leave much of their fortune to it. And in 2009, Hobby Lobby-related contributions were the No. 1 source of NCF funding (about $54 million), which we know because Eli Clifton, funded by The Nation Institute, somehow got hold of an NCF 2009 990 Schedule B form, which shows NCF’s top funders that year (Hobby Lobby was No. 1, Maclellan Foundation No. 2).

These organizations lobby our representatives to push their agenda.

Left or right, it's wrong.
edit on 9/25/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

From 2001-12, the NCF gave $163,384,998 to leading anti-LGBT organizations. These include Focus on the Family, the Family Research Council, the American Family Association, the Alliance Defending Freedom (formerly Alliance Defense Fund), Campus Crusade for Christ (aka CRU), the National Organization for Marriage, and the Alliance for Marriage. They fund ex-gay ministries like Exodus International, exporters of homophobia like Advocates International, you name it. The NCF is just getting started, though. The Green family—who were at The Gathering in 2008 and 2013—have said they intend to leave much of their fortune to it. And in 2009, Hobby Lobby-related contributions were the No. 1 source of NCF funding (about $54 million), which we know because Eli Clifton, funded by The Nation Institute, somehow got hold of an NCF 2009 990 Schedule B form, which shows NCF’s top funders that year (Hobby Lobby was No. 1, Maclellan Foundation No. 2).

These organizations lobby our representatives to push their agenda.

Left or right, it's wrong.

Agree 100%. Both sides need to stop. But we all know they won't.
edit on 9/25/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Star for you.

I'm glad we could agree.

ETA: Bad form in the edit after my response.

edit on 9/26/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Star for you.

I'm glad we could agree.

Until there is new blood the old ties will never be broken. I really don't know how to fix it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
So if hobby lobby was so involved, and this group raises a ton of cash, whats the likelihood that this group paid for there hobby lobby decision that does indeed take rights away from there employees?

I'm not surprised by this, religious groups have openly stated for years they wish to turn America into a Christian nation. They have funded legislative action, politicians, and industry. They have used there money to fund media campaigns and too influence public opinions and revisionist history.

From what I have read Christ would not approve. They don't trust the word of God or the message that Jesus taught.

John 5:43
I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

5"For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many. 6"You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.…

See that you are not frightened, this doesn't describe America at all, you have given your freedom for security because you are afraid, you have been deceived, and its continuing.

They are preaching a message of hate and fear, this is not Christian at all!!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

You will not hear about The Gathering in the mainstream media, and this is a good thing for the shady theocratic extremist organization. For they work to deny civil rights to many Americans and would destroy the United States Constitution if it could have its way.

Can you show us any real proof of all this?

That outfit must be pretty clever.

How about some laws they actually got passed?

Maybe cite some legitimate charity activity too.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yeah, keep messing with the harmless Christian interest groups, who do nothing to you personally, so that they become the religious minority in the country. The Muslims are a close second to the Christians; let’s see how all these groups you are so worried about fair with them being the religious majority in the country. I’ll give you a hint; they’ll do more than hurt your feelings by telling you they disagree with your lifestyle choices or (anti)religious beliefs.
Mark my words the day is going to come where these groups are going to be lamenting, saying, “Man… remember when the Christians were around, all we had to worry about back then was that they might make us feel bad.”

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm sorry, there's something about this I don't understand.

First, the use of the word "conspiracy." That seems hard to justify. It is neither secret nor does it have an illegal act as it's goal. Calling it "cooperation" would be much more accurate than calling it a conspiracy, an inflammatory label.

Second, since it is not illegal, what do we do with the charge that it's wrong for a group to do this?

At one point in my life, I wrote letters to politicians (I know, but I was young). They cost me postage, ink, paper, and time. Assume, for a moment, that my neighbor came over to talk politics and decided to write similar letters to the same politicians. Wrong? Well, suppose 5 million people got together to write letters, put up websites, march in Washington, endorse candidates, commission reports that were sent to every politician. Now, is it wrong?

Say the cause, whatever it was, got the support of a rich person (perhaps Al Gore) who tried to influence his old friends. Is that wrong?

Was it wrong for Tom Steyer?

Steyer was the leading sponsor of Proposition 39 on the 2012 ballot in California. Its purpose was to close a loophole that allowed multi-state corporations to pay taxes out of state, mandating that they pay in California. Steyer contributed $21.9 million, saying that he could wait no longer for the change.

In 2014, Steyer committed to funding political campaigns in at least seven states to influence climate change policy through his PAC, NextGEN Climate. In June, Steyer said he planned to get involved in California legislature to affect climate change policy by targeting three to four races in each house of the Legislature. In the summer, he founded a political action committee in Florida, reading a major investment in the Gubernatorial race.

And that's one guy.

When did it become "wrong?" At the time the cause disagreed with whatever your cause was? Hope not.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
BTW rumor has it that Christians might be having secret meetings early on Sunday mornings…
You might want to look into it, maybe start a boycott or protest or something.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

So one religious fundamentalism is better than another? Do you not know the histories?

Christians murdered Indians and destroyed there culture, not too long ago. The state and organized religion are the greatest threats to humanity and they both have the history to prove this.

I consider myself a Christian but I will not join in a religion. Jesus doesn't want your money!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire
Christians did not destroy the Indians, American Settlers did. Many of them were wiped out due to disease, others over greed that had nothing to do with religion, but rather land, gold, resources, etc…
Just because many of the European settlers were Christians, does not make it a religious motive.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What happened to separation of church and state????
Contributing millions to political agendas should be vorbotten to religious groups constitutionally shouldn't it?
Otherwise no separation is there?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling
What about AIPAC or the ADL?
What’s good for one group is good for another.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

You're misinterpreting the idea of the separation of church and state. There is nothing, anywhere, that says citizens do not have the right to political speech, that's probably the most protected form of speech.

It is unthinkable that an American could lose his right to petition his government because he joins up with a group that holds some Judaeo-Christian beliefs (or any other religious beliefs).

No, it shouldn't be forbidden to religious groups, any more than it should be forbidden to non-religious groups. There is no Constitutional argument here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join