It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gathering. The $1-Billion-a-Year Right-Wing Conspiracy You Haven’t Heard Of

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
You will not hear about The Gathering in the mainstream media, and this is a good thing for the shady theocratic extremist organization. For they work to deny civil rights to many Americans and would destroy the United States Constitution if it could have its way. The Daily Beast exposes The Gathering and its participants and hopefully will help more people to understand the threat Christofascist pose to constitutional government and rights and freedoms of other human beings. Their theocratic goals are not so far removed from those of ISIS and Islamic extremist organizations save the fictional work that the swear allegiance to.
So many people are worried about fanatical religious lunatics ISIS and Al Qaeda and the like. They should be just as worried about the religious nuts like the home-grown so called Christians in the gathering..

Have you heard of the $1,750-per-person “Gathering,” which starts Thursday in Orlando, Florida? Probably not. But if you’re female, gay, non-Christian, or otherwise interested in the separation of church and state, your life has been affected by it.

The Gathering is a conference of hard-right Christian organizations and, perhaps more important, funders. Most of them are not household names, at least if your household isn’t evangelical. But that’s the point: The Gathering is a hub of Christian Right organizing, and the people in attendance have led the campaigns to privatize public schools, redefine"religious liberty" (as in the Hobby Lobby case), fight same-sex marriage, fight evolution, and, well, you know the rest.

The donors to The Gathering and its principals need to be exposed and, if they are business owners, their businesses and their products need to be shunned by decent people who believe in constitutional liberties.
edit on fThursday1400910f001810 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

Why do they have to be exposed? Because you don't agree with their views?

The Gathering Website

There's a link for you to read all about them. They've already exposed themselves.

edit on 9/25/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
How do I get in on this party? 1750 bucks is enough for me to go to Florida.
I'll keep it on the down low that I sleep with my guitar out of wedlock.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Honestly, the Left also has gatherings similar to this to try and raise money and support for certain causes.

That being said, this should still raise some red flags for all of us.

Special interests and religious fanaticism has taken a concerning foothold amongst the Right and it is quickly becoming the newest manifestation of fascism in America. They use religion, propaganda and faux-conservative values to spread propaganda to the masses......and many people have fallen for it. It's even infected the Democrat party.

Mark my words, we must nip this in the butt and let real conservatives, liberals, progressives and libertarians take back our country to work for the American people. Otherwise, we face a fascist "Germany-style" state in which oppression and hatred will be the driving force and take the country down with it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime
They hurt other people, despite my views.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
$1750 is kinda cheap,
Obama had a fundraiser at $5000 a plate.

abcnews.go.com... gle.com%2F

So what the big conspiracy here? It sounds like comic con for churches.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The DailyBeast is also saying Eric Holder is good at his job. Please.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

How do they hurt other people?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
$1750 is kinda cheap,

It's much more complex that just a convention for the faithful. These guys get together and raise money to lobby our representatives, and to pressure them, in to drafting legislation or supporting legislation that attempts to curtail individual freedoms through the eye of religion.
edit on 9/25/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

$1750 is kinda cheap,

It's much more complex that just a convention for the faithful. These guys get together and raise money to lobby our representatives, and to pressure them, in to drafting legislation or supporting legislation that attempts to curtail individual freedoms through the eye of religion.

But the Left can do that and you have no problem with it? Your President does more fundraising than work, thank god. Or we'd really be in bad shape.

Bellows Kicks off "Millionaires and Billionaires Fundraising Tour"

AUGUSTA — Just days after Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Shenna Bellows railed against the impact of “big money” in politics, she’s kicking off her “Millionaires and Billionaires” out-of-state fundraising tour. Her first stop is toney Cambridge, Massachusetts, where she’ll be feted at the home of wealthy left-wing activists Maria and Greg Jobin-Leeds.

The Jobin-Leeds’ epitomize “big money in politics.” They have given more than $500,000 to Democratic political candidates, and possibly hundreds of thousands more to left-wing 527 groups, including a one-time donation of $100,000 to the “Progressive Majority.”

The Jobin-Leeds’ are so active with their political giving that, according to the Boston Phoenix, they needed to hire a consultant to help them donate their money.

Bellows last week held a press conference, calling on Congress to take the extreme step of amending the US Constitution to restrict political spending by certain groups. Shenna used the influence of “big money” in politics as rationale for supporting a bill that even her former employer, the ACLU, said would “break the Constitution.”

edit on 9/25/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

$1750 is kinda cheap,

Yeah, both sides do that. What makes this one any different?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Ted Cruz's dad could be a possible member he called for Ted Cruz and other nutjobs to impose a "Christian Nation" in America.

Here' another video where the Newsroom describes the nutjobs as the "American Taliban"

edit on 25-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I don't support either side raising money to lobby our government for their outrageous and harmful political desires. That's why I mentioned that the Dems do it as well.

If you don't support the left doing it, will you join me in denouncing this?

And I would appreciate it if you didn't call him "my president". I didn't vote for him. But I see what you tried to do there.

You know what they say about assuming....right?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I don't support either side raising money to lobby our government for their outrageous and harmful political desires. That's why I mentioned that the Dems do it as well.

And I would appreciate it if you didn't call him "my president". I didn't vote for him. But I see what you tried to do there.

Yep, it should be illegal. No argument there.
But I should point out the title of the op. "Right wing conspiracy"
Does that sound bi partisan to you?
edit on 25-9-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

The thread is about a "Right wing conspiracy", is it not? My comment actually said that both sides do this sort of thing, but then focused on the topic at hand.

Then you said this:

$1750 is kinda cheap, Obama had a fundraiser at $5000 a plate. abcnews.go.com... gle.com%2F So what the big conspiracy here? It sounds like comic con for churches.

So is it a big deal or not? If you agree the left shouldn't do it, then neither should the right.....correct?

Why did you have to counter the OP with facts about Obama's fundraising and not denounce the tactics of the right if it is so wrong? It's not the topic is it?

Does that sound bi partisan to you?

edit on 9/25/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ok, so no candidate can raise money, period? So how does anyone get elected?

Does that mean only those people with enough of their own pocket money can run for office?

PS, The Newsroom is a drama series and should not be used as a serious source.
edit on 25-9-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No one said that a candidate could not raise money, but I think that we need to stop donations from special interest groups, corporations and any other entity other than private individuals.

This is a country for the people and by the people. We should not allow anything to effect a government that is meant to protect our individual liberties.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

You want to question my views but do not grasp the fact that religious bigotry hurts people?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I could care less if they both stopped raising money. But if one side is going to do it, the other side is forced to.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingfish

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

You want to question my views but do not grasp the fact that religious bigotry hurts people?

How has it hurt you? I am not clear on what you mean by "hurts"?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join