It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany May Legalize Incest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537
I had my hot cousin from west VA when we were 16...so??

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat

She can be hot, just NEVER touch her

Unless you are Ross from Friends... For those who know about the episode I'm talking about when he thinks his cousin, played by Denise Richards, is coming on to him.. Long story short, Ross read the situation pretty bad... hahaha
edit on 25-9-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat

Depending on what relationship and state the cousin is this has always been legal. Personally my cousins were just like brothers and sisters to me.

Cousin marriage law in the United States by state
en.wikipedia.org...

There is no social pathology associated with marrying a cousin and in fact cousin marriages are the norm in many parts of the world..."

www.cousincouples.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Two consenting adults should be able to do whatever the F they want to do....

There is no valid argument against it, and incest laws make no sense. Your morality is not mine and visa versa.

My personal opinions on the topic of incest itself..is irrelevant. eww, but whatever..I feel the same for gay man sex, and some of the more bizarre fetishes..my morality should not determine who can have sex

I don't agree, this one is different. There is a public health component here. When siblings reproduce, they radically amplify genetic flaws, and often create messed up offspring. This may be a case where Germany is overcompensating for shame about their history with eugenics, but it is okay for a government to forbid things on the basis of public health. Its no different than banning chemicals known to produce birth defects.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Like most I find the idea is pretty disgusting, but aren't we told that being disgusted by other people's actions isn't reason to stop them? I'm disappointed in ATS, the hypocrisy is thick in here yet again. I have noticed specific posters in this thread, who have in other threads, defended homosexuality yet are against this law being repealed.

Personally I'm grossed out by incest, gay sex, and a lot of the fetish groups are pretty nasty as well. Plenty of heterosexual sex I find really disgusting depending on the people involved. As long as it's between consenting adults, I am not entitled to push my disgust on others, and neither is anybody else.

Ever single argument against incest can also be made about homosexuality.

There is the obvious social Taboo that both have been for a long time.

Then there is the health aspect. Reproducing with close relatives can cause health issues. Well, so can homosexuality. It's a fact that diseases are easier to pass via anal sex than vaginal sex. You may say that gays can have other sex, and that straight people also have anal sex, and you would be correct. But just because you are involved sexually doesn't mean you have to reproduce, and plenty of non-related people who reproduce have genetically damaged offspring. So the health aspect can't be used with any honesty unless also used against homosexuality.

The other issue is that people are saying incest usually goes along with rape and pedophilia. Not disagreeing. The same could also be said for homosexuality, though. Plenty of gay priests molesting boys, in fact on average pedophiles are more likely to be attracted to their own gender.

If you can separate the gender preference of a rapist from the act of rape, why can't you separate incest from the act of rape?

If I found out someone I knew was screwing a family member I'd look at them sideways and probably keep my distance, but I'm not going to lie to myself and say they are any sort of threat to me, or deserve to be put into prison because I don't approve of their actions. Only small minded hypocrites think like that.

But, of course, continue to dwell on non-issues. Is the law the only thing keeping you from sleeping with a family member? Do you think with the law repealed everyone's going to suddenly want to partake? People's relationship with the law is what's perverted here, they aren't there to be the morality police. Either you are forcing someone else, or you are not, and if not it's nobody's business.

You know how they say that those who are the most vocal against homosexuals are usually gay themselves.... sounds like people have some feelings they are ashamed of and want others to sit in prison for it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue
No. It isn't different. The government, and the self-serving, self righteous, folks need to mind their own business. The percentage of people dumb enough to reproduce with close family members is an extreme minority of those who practice incest. And considering incest is practiced world-wide, I would say the only people you really need to educate about genetic flaws is those who run this world, since reproductive incest has always been common among royalty and nobility.

edit on 9/25/2014 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I completely agree with this law, but let me explain. This does not condone incest, as there are not only social taboos against it, but it can actually be harmful if offspring result. They are absolutely correct that it is not up to the government to enforce social taboos. If a law such as this was passed, it would simply mean that the few people who are going to do it can do so legally. It would still require the consent of both parties, and it is not as if legalizing it will make people do it. There are things that a government should not involve themselves in, and a person's sex life, short of involving a minor, is one of those instances.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

No it is. The "self serving folks" would love to mind their own business, but they end up paying money when mentally/physically children are born that will be on the welfare their whole lives, at a grand cost of about a million taxpayer dollars each. I don't believe people have a "right" to make choices that lead to disabled children the rest of society must pay for. I do believe children have a right to be born healthy if there's any way to make it possible.

So as far as the sexual act, I don't care. As far as discouraging ANYTHING that leads to the birth of disabled/unhealthy children, whether its chemicals in the food or inbreeding, the government does have a right to step in.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Very often what was done to one as a child is perpetuated by that person when they are in a position of power themselves.

So, yes, going after an adult for incest DOES serve a purpose.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue
Mentally/Physically handicapped children are born all the time to people who are completely unrelated. In fact, exponentially more than those born from incest. Maybe we should make it illegal for any couple to have sex until they are genetically tested to see if their children will have birth defects, and sterilize them if that's the case. That will save the taxpayers many billions over the next decade.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Unless that adult is perpetuating whatever act toward a child, it is not the place of the government.

If two adults want to do the horizontal boogie woogie, it ain't the place of the government to interfere. If you want to stop incest, look at the home and at children. Two adults #ing consentually is a too little, too late situation.
edit on 25-9-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You just shut up Klassified.

You make too much sense.

What are you saying? Fat chicks are more likely to produce children with defects than two cousins?

What?

Lies!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Well considering we have no sure means of birth control beyond actual mechanical sterilization which if, of course, permanent, there is a very good reason to keep incest illegal. You can't be sure there will be no children even with the best birth control. It isn't even impossible for children to survive abortion attempts.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Unless that adult is perpetuating whatever act toward a child, it is not the place of the government.

If two adults want to do the horizontal boogie woogie, it ain't the place of the government to interfere. If you want to stop incest, look at the home and at children. Two adults #ing consentually is a too little, too late situation.

Yeah, except you have to attempt to break the cycle somewhere and enabling people in their trauma isn't the way to do it.

You act like incest is a new sexual orientation all of a sudden instead of simply an acting out based on old traumas.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Pedophilia and incest are both sexual orientations. These are two orientations that are linked toward social sexual behaviors involving abuse beginning during youth(if you are unable to find studies, I will look for them and link). Instead of focusing on these, studies have tried to prove homosexuality is trauma based(consentual sex between adults is neither here nor there, but alas). Being the social creatures that we are, same sex relationships between adults does not mean the individual was raped. Pedophilia however, is a sure sign of being traumatized as a youth, and unfortunately incest as well.

The difference in incest is that if the adult doesn't rape a non-consenting adult(child) they aren't hurting anyone. They may hurt themselves, their social standing or whatever. But they aren't victimizing someone under the legal age.

In the case of pedophilia and incest, that is not the case. Unfortunately.

Rape will still be rape whether incest is decriminalized.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Germany is just another under debt under FED and ECB controlled state, part of NATO

The luciferians are running entire Western Europe just like they run USA

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You act like incest is a new sexual orientation all of a sudden instead of simply an acting out based on old traumas.

No. It isn't new. It has been practiced as far back as we can track history, and it will be practiced far into the future, most likely. People who are related can be attracted to one another just like people who are unrelated. It isn't a sickness, or a disease that needs to be healed except in some cases where there are major problems in the family. Unrelated couples have just as many psychological issues as any incestuous couple might have. You can't blanket it, and say it is just "an acting out based on old traumas".

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

There is one argument you missed - homosexuals claim that they have an orientation and can't help being attracted to members of the same sex the way that heterosexuals can't help being attracted to members of the opposite sex. Are you going to claim that incest is actually an orientation and that people who practice it can't help being attracted to members of their own family and no others in order to form proper relationship bonds the same way homosexuals make that claim about members of the same sex and heterosexuals make that claim about members of the opposite sex?

Really? And then, are there "homo-incestuites" and "hetero-incetuites"? You seriously are going to go there? Because that is the main argument that homosexual advocates make to defend why all the rest of us have to tolerate homosexuality and nothing else.

So, uh, no people who are arguing against incest who might otherwise tolerate homosexuality are not hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

But it's not an orientation ... unless you are admitting that one's nurture is the primary determinant that decides who and what you will be attracted to later in life. In which case, your sexual orientation IS a choice. It might be a choice that is made for you in part, but it still is a choice and not inborn.

edit on 25-9-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Humans are social creatures. Our sexuality is decided more by culture than by ourselves.

I identify as a lesbian but I am convinced humans are mostly bisexual(in the sense they can become attached, fall in love, love a person, and have sex with them...regardless of genitalia).

Someone told me sexuality was a choice.

I chose to be lesbian, I chose to like the female body.

I looked them straight in the eye and said "So. #in'. What!?"

If I chose to be gay...so #in what? So What?

You people that claim to love freedom and choice, sure hate those that supposedly have both.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join