It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Scientist Says That Alaska Will Temporarily Become the New Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
A Geography professor at the University of Hawaii gives some pretty dire predictions for our very near future if our Climate situation is allowed to continue as-is.

"If you do not like it hot and do not want to be hit by a hurricane, the options of where to go are very limited," said Camilo Mora, a geography professor at the University of Hawaii and lead author of a paper published in Nature last year predicting that unprecedented high temperatures will become the norm worldwide by 2047.
"The best place really is Alaska," he added. "Alaska is going to be the next Florida by the end of the century."

I know there are passionate arguments on both sides of the Climate issue, but I'm of the opinion that we need to take action whether Al Gore and his friends are trying to take advantage of us or not. I do see that something's up with the weather and whether it's from the Sun or Nature herself doesn't matter because I think Man is speeding up which ever process is occurring. That's my 2 cents. What's yours, ATS?

www.theverge.com...
edit on 25-9-2014 by lostbook because: word edit

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So orange juice prices will be lower?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
So orange juice prices will be lower?

Yes, and retirees will retire in Alaska.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Does a geography degree qualify someone to make weather predictions 50 years in the future? Just curious.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Anyone wish to buy a piece of the future Florida?

I also have a bridge to nowhere for sale.

All kidding aside; our planet has gone through climate changes before and will continue doing so. Man made pollution on the other hand we are creating, of that there is no doubt to the cause.
edit on 25-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: no where to nowhere

edit on 25-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: added hand - need my coffee lol's

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I guess I should get busy selling mosquito repellant and hurricane shutters to Alaskans... I'll be RICH!!!! Mwahahahahaha...

Did they find this professor on the island of Gilligan?

~Namaste
edit on 25-9-2014 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Do you have any white sand and palm trees I can order?

Need to get this real estate ready ready for sales.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
Anyone wish to buy a piece of the future Florida?

Get me a place right down on the water where all the coeds go for spring break and they film those girls gone wild episodes... I'll bring my lawn chair and cooler full of beer...

Still an even more reliable source...Farmers Almanac... say's we're all in for a rough winter... saying we could have heavier snow fall's down here in toasty Colorado...
Last years winter was bad enough for us...

So I wouldn't mind a few palm trees and tropical breezes come this Feb.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I have a place thats about 60 ft above sea level; I often think with the rising of the ocean that I could put a dock in across the street.

Bikini beaches in AK was my first thought upon reading the article.

Rough winter, reminds me that I need to get some more fire wood cut.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Why would a remark by a geography professor on climate make news when climatologist that want to corrupt even more climatic history doesn't?

Is there any limit to the extremes some climate propagandists will go? The Climategate team removed the warm 1940’s “blip”, erased the Medieval Warm Period, Hid the Decline, and tortured temperature & sea level data until it confessed, but a paper published Monday in Earth’s Future could take the cake by suggesting removal of “the Holocene Epoch from the geologic timescale” and replacing it with the fictitious, scary-sounding “geologic” timescale “The Anthropocene.”

Link

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This nutter is another reason why people question man-made climate change. This thread should be moved to the LOL forum.

"Experts" can't even predict the weather tomorrow. I seriously doubt that they can predict it 10 years from now let alone a year.

Just saying.

edit on 2014/9/25 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Do you have any white sand and palm trees I can order?

Need to get this real estate ready ready for sales.

I'm with you man.

I've got some right nice property as well as a condo in South Anchorage that would bring a pretty penny in that climate!

Edit: How'd that earthquake we just had treat ya? I was on the 8th floor of my work downtown >.> That was fun

edit on 25-9-2014 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UnmitigatedDisaster

It is seldom we get hit with earthquakes in SE Alaska near Ketchikan, just lots of rain.

Edit: Off to get a load of fire wood, be nice when it warms up like Florida and I don't have to cut wood

edit on 25-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: edit is stated

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I say he should have to quit his job and give back any and all titles if he is wrong.......Remember what these idiots where saying 10-20 years ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Does a geography degree qualify someone to make weather predictions 50 years in the future? Just curious.

I bet it's not as handy as a journalism degree which makes you and instant expert on everything.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne
I guess I should get busy selling mosquito repellant I'll be RICH!!!! Mwahahahahaha...

~Namaste

I take it you have never experienced the level of flies and mosquitos that are already in Alaska????? You'd wish you were in Florida.

edit on 25-9-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I'll go ahead and take a stab at this from the AGW handbook. (discredit scientist making statement)

This guy is a fool. I am sure he's on some list of boneheads somewhere. There, now don't you all feel better.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
And Florida will become the new Atlantis.

top topics

join