It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed intruder threatens staff, students at Sydney Islamic school

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Police have swarmed an Islamic school in western Sydney after reports of an intruder threatening staff and students with a knife.

Officers were called to Al-Faisal College in Minto on Thursday afternoon amid reports that an armed man had entered school grounds and was asking if it was a Muslim school.

Police said the man entered the school on Benham Road about 2.10pm, spoke with a female staff member and left a short time later. He was last seen on Kitson Road.

A crime scene was established by police.

Primary school students hid under their desks while those from the high school were gathered in a prayer hall as the school went into lockdown, one mother said.

Armed intruder threatens staff, students at Sydney Islamic school

They had reported a man running onto school grounds, asking if it was a "Muslim school" and then pulling out a knife and threatening a teacher and students.

Ms Veiszadah said she believed the man didn't manage to get inside the classroom because the doors were locked, but he later fled into an office and threatened female staff.

Here we go, just as I predicted in another thread the crazies have come out of the woodwork intent on blaming all Muslims for the actions of a deranged few.

I can easily see this spiralling out of control in Australia, lucky I moved away from Sydney 10 months ago.

MOD NOTE
Please read!!!!!
edit on Thu Sep 25 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Here we go, just as I predicted in another thread the crazies have come out of the woodwork intent on blaming all Muslims for the actions of a deranged few.

I can easily see this spiralling out of control in Australia, lucky I moved away from Sydney 10 months ago.

I'm pretty sure it's a lot more than "a deranged few". But, whatever helps you sleep at night.

edit on 9/25/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

I'm pretty sure it's a lot more than "a deranged few". But, whatever helps you sleep at night.

As of 2010, over 1.6 billion or about 23.4% of the world population are Muslims.

Yep, I'm absolutely certain that ISIS constitutes a very small fraction of that total population number, unlike you who has to resort to guessing and suppositions to support the bigoted view you parrot so loudly.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I never mentioned ISIS. But, since you want to go there. It does not matter if it's 10, 100, or a million. It matter the damage they are doing and they're slaughtering people. I'm not condoning what this person has done but don't tell me the Muslim side has no play in this. Other religions do not do what the Muslims do, they have moved on from the murdering over religion. At least this man did not walk into the school with a bomb strapped to him and blow it up, or a gun and kill everyone. Not saying what he has done is right, but he could have took a chapter out of your extremist religions book and killed everyone in one blast.

I'm not posting any further or drawing any more attention to you hypocritical thread. Have a good day, sir.
edit on 9/25/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I never mentioned ISIS. But, since you want to go there. It does not matter if it's 10, 100, or a million. It matter the damage they are doing and they're slaughtering people. I'm not condoning what this person has done but don't tell me the Muslim side has no play in this.

Mate, seriously just give up. Your bigoted attitude to people who choose to practice a certain religion is blindingly obvious.

Other religions do not do what the Muslims do, they have moved on from the murdering over religion.

All 1.6 billion of them eh? What planet do you live on?

At least this man did not walk into the school with a bomb strapped to him and blow it up, or a gun and kill everyone.

Yes, that would be a result of the gun ban we put in place about a decade ago that the US gun-nutters hate because it worked. Thanks for bringing that up.

I'm not posting any further or drawing any more attention to you hypocritical thread. Have a good day, sir.

Good, nobody asked you to come here, you did so to parrot your bigoted view to anyone who will listen now you're slinking off into a dark hole when the evidence does not back up your ridiculous claims.
edit on 25/9/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Kryties is right about you Optimus, your hate clouds your reason.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Im sorry but muslims are now tarred with the same brush its human nature.

People will view muslims as terrorists, In the UK today police raided some muslim radicals choudry was picked up a man with a disgusting attitude to the uk he preached in london not once did moderate muslims oppose him on the streets.

And that is you're problem you muslims dont stand up against the radicals sorry but there is a saying.

A RADICAL MUSLIM WANTS TO BE HEAD YOU.
A MODERATE MUSLIM WANTS A RADICAL MUSLIM TO BE HEAD YOU.

Does that quote carry any truth it seems that way when in the UK they preach openly and i dont see moderates doing anything about it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: KROandSOTV

Maybe the human nature of those with an already bigoted viewpoint, but clearly you are wrong because people like myself and Damwel do exist - and I guarantee you there are a lot more....

And that is you're problem you muslims dont stand up against the radicals sorry but there is a saying.

Did you just make the mistake of assuming that I am Muslim? Thanks for proving my point mate.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Maybe the human nature of those with an already bigoted viewpoint, but clearly you are wrong because people like myself and Damwel do exist - and I guarantee you there are a lot more....

Did you just make the mistake of assuming that I am Muslim? Thanks for proving my point mate.

And what point is that.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I never mentioned ISIS. But, since you want to go there. It does not matter if it's 10, 100, or a million. It matter the damage they are doing and they're slaughtering people. I'm not condoning what this person has done but don't tell me the Muslim side has no play in this. Other religions do not do what the Muslims do, they have moved on from the murdering over religion.

If you had bothered to conduct some research, you would know that every religion has its violent minorities. There are Christian terrorist groups, and there are Buddhist terrorist groups. Just as there are Muslim terrorist groups.

If you need an example of Christian terrorism, you can look at 'The Troubles' of Northern Ireland. While many factors played into the overall conflict, some scholars state that the Christian religion played a significant role in some terrorist attacks. I can also point you to Anders Breivik, a Norwegian man who believed himself to be a 'Christian Crusader'. He murdered 77 people and injured 319 others.

If you need an example of Buddhist terrorism, you can look at the Muslim/Buddhist conflicts of Myanmar. In June 2012 alone, over 200 Muslims were killed, and 100,000 more were forced to relocate. The 969 Movement is a prominent anti-Islam movement in Myanmar, which has conducted terrorist attacks. They are Buddhist.

Your claims that members of other religions do not engage in terrorism is absolutely and fundamentally wrong. There will always be extremists. And they will always be the minority.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties oh come on its easy to see the hatred muslims have for infadels,,some are vocal some remain silent but their agenda is the same,,

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

And what point is that.

The fact I was defending the majority of peaceful Muslims wasn't, in your mind, because what I was saying was true, but because I must be a Muslim.

Therefore you proved my point. Thankyou for that.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

People will view muslims as terrorists, In the UK today police raided some muslim radicals choudry was picked up a man with a disgusting attitude to the uk he preached in london not once did moderate muslims oppose him on the streets.

A RADICAL MUSLIM WANTS TO BE HEAD YOU.
A MODERATE MUSLIM WANTS A RADICAL MUSLIM TO BE HEAD YOU.

Does that quote carry any truth it seems that way when in the UK they preach openly and i dont see moderates doing anything about it.

Do Muslims have to stand up against radicals though? Most Christians don't stand up against Christian extremists. Most Buddhists don't stand up against Buddhist extremists. Why is it expected that every Muslim has to stand up against Islamic extremists?

Yes, Islam's image is stained, and yes, moderate Muslims can probably do more Public Relations to improve the general image of Islam. But to expect all Muslims to actively stand up against extremists all the time, and generalise them when they don't, is simply foolish on your part.

Edit: And in saying the above, some Muslims do stand against extremism, just as some Christians and Buddhists do. It is stupid to generalise any demographic due to one's own limited perspective and knowledge about it.

edit on 25-9-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

oh come on its easy to see the hatred muslims have for infadels,,some are vocal some remain silent but their agenda is the same,,

Wow, just wow.

More blindingly obvious bigotry here. Just because a few dickheads decide to go on a jihad that must mean that all 1.6 BILLION Muslims on the planet are evil eh?

How ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

And what point is that.

The fact I was defending the majority of peaceful Muslims wasn't, in your mind, because what I was saying was true, but because I must be a Muslim.

Therefore you proved my point. Thankyou for that.

You are not defending the peaceful muslims you are making it worse for them, The only people to defend peaceful muslims should be the peaceful muslims.

Not once have i seen muslims march against radicals not once have i seen them storm a radical mosque and hold the imans to task.

What i have seen is a gutless response to the evils of radical islam.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Anyone who walks into any type of school and threatens children should be shot, who ever it was is clearly not fit to live in our society. Anyone found to be supporting those IS goat #ers should be deported to the Caliphate they are so keen to have. As a person who believes in no god I have no time for their bull#, it all makes me do this

You would never see this type of behavior from Hare Krishna.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I must say a thing or two about this. Where I live I see Muslims getting more extreme as time goes by. Other religions are not following the same path. If anything, they are dying down as most of my pals no longer go to church or practice.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You are not defending the peaceful muslims you are making it worse for them, The only people to defend peaceful muslims should be the peaceful muslims.

You should probably read Daaskapital's post above which clearly refutes that suggestion.

You're coming from a very limited perspective though, where you don't see all the videos and reports of Muslims standing up to the terrorists. Hell, the Coalition is even supporting Muslim rebels who are actively fighting the terrorists - but you choose to ignore this because it doesn't jive with your bigoted viewpoint.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

"US gun-nutters"? Really?

You have a crazed prick threatening kids with a knife and you have to take a jab at us "gun-nutters? Classy!

Hope they catch the crazed prick.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

You should probably read Daaskapital's post above which clearly refutes that suggestion.

You're coming from a very limited perspective though, where you don't see all the videos and reports of Muslims standing up to the terrorists. Hell, the Coalition is even supporting Muslim rebels who are actively fighting the terrorists - but you choose to ignore this because it doesn't jive with your bigoted viewpoint.

Dont call me a bigot

I have not seen any muslims approach radicals on the street and stop them from promoting their vile views.
I have not seen muslims go to the mosques and call the imans to task.
And if the truth is known yes it is down the muslims to do something about as they are a tight nit community that will get to hear of things happening yet do nothing to stop the radicalization of the moderate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join