It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bet you can't get 100% correct... At least I didn't the first time around.. No cheating !! hahah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
”This is more than challenging. It's fun and actually educational.

Drag the country's name onto the map.

There is no score or time limit. This is a learning tool. Don't be afraid to make an error, try again [and again, if need be!] and once you have finished the puzzle you will be far more educated about this very intense part of our world."

www.rethinkingschools.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Only a few of those lower African countries I got wrong, not too bad.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Damn,,, it took me longer than I thought,,,, I missed more than I liked!

edit on 25-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

hahahah and I have flown all over that area and still got confused on some of the ??stans !

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
100%

I was bought an inflatable globe when I was 3 years old and when I wasn't playing football with it in the house I was studying it.

I have to say well done on posting it though, love that kind of stuff. Some people wouldn't even be able to recognise the areas are the Middle East and North Africa.

Some people at my girlfriend's work think California is in Australia! And they deliver products worldwide!
edit on 25-9-2014 by clemo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It was the Stan's that got me too.....but otherwise it was really good fun....thank you!

Jane

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
That was an eye-opener. Well worth the time.

I got several wrong, which is not totally surprising. But what was bothersome is that there were a couple of wrong ones that I tried to place according to what I saw on a map on some MSM website not too long ago. So, they had them wrong as well.

But I guess that's not totally surprising either...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Turkmenistan is close to Turkey, the other "big" one had to be Uzbekistan and I knew Kyrgyzstan had to be the higher one.

ME is always that much in the news it was the first thing I did.

Africa has 53 countries, need to check them out much better. I know the ones all up North and a bunch of others, but not all them.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Because of what happens in the world these days I have the entire middle east memorized. Those more russian stans got me. Turkmenistan should be next to turkey Grr.

and then western sahara got me too.

There we go second try only confused 2 of them.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I got a couple of the 'stans' backwards that were around Russia.
Other than that ... I did okay. Fun quiz.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I got a bunch wrong. I don't know north west africa at all.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I usually consider myself fairly well informed. After attempting this map, I have to admit to myself that my knowledge of the region is completely pathetic.

Judging from the other comments so far, I'm way below average on ATS.

I'd never even heard of Mauritania :\

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This was fun. I did horribly, but it was still fun. At least I know that I need to brush up (relearn) on my world geography. I'd say I scored about a 40%. I got frustrated with my lack of knowledge and gave up. Was there a place to click to have all the answers revealed? I didn't see one.

Sadly, the only ones I did know relatively well were the middle eastern countries and a couple of the "-stans" (basically just everywhere the hubby has traveled near to or into)... And a couple of the African countries. I think I need to invest in a globe. Don't want to find my kid in 30 years has no idea where most countries are located!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Luckily, I was not in charge of any drone or missile attacks !! Took me a while, but got all placed. Thought I knew this area better.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
well I at least I still know where all the states are. tough

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo Hahaha, wow. Eyeopening indeed. Made me realize I have literally zero frame of reference for African geography. I'd probably nail Europe and most of Asia, but I have no clue on Africa :\

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I got more wrong than I care to admit. This actually made me want to look at the world map again and familiarize myself again. I used to know this stuff pretty well. It's possible a couple of those brain cells got toasted some years back. lol
S&F

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
My love of ancient history did not help, I'm still looking for Carthage and Byzantine in the list...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This Doesn't Work In My Galaxy

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
100%
I love maps and satellite imagery, I have a hardcover atlas and spend an inordinate amount of time combing over Google Earth, too. If I had some semblance of artistic talent, I'd be a cartographer, hands down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join