It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranoid Delusional Schizophrenia And "The Story"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mattsawaufo
a reply to: Cuervo
Jesse Ventura on his conspiracy show put voices in his head using technology, alien technology. Ask him about it.

Perhaps he'll show us the alien that brought the technology.

The man rolled around on the floor with a feather boa.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

They all sound similar because they are all symptoms of schizophrenia.
If people keep complaining about a runny nose and a cough, you're going to say they all have a cold.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I found this to be fascinating and wondered if some of these people were describing memories of the future. Some of what they described as machinery later was actualized as real communication and visual technologies. I realize that memories of the future may seem impossible within the framework of our current linear view of time, but we understand less about how the temporal mechanics of memory works than we do about the devastation to a person's psyche by paranoid schizophrenia. The human experience of memory may not always be constrained to a linear construct of time.

edit on 25-9-2014 by audenine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I see my posts were removed.

How voices work.

The system uses beam to induce sleep paralysis
They use a star trek like transporter to implant
They use nanofiber or your own nerve tissue to connect the implants
Implants include:
Memory access
Audio cortex rig
Tactile kinetic energy
Magnetic distribution
Medicine detector
Program storage
Algorythm
Timing
If discovered this by trial and error and research
But now. I predict you will tell me I'm sick and need meds!#$

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
What we're dealing with here is Rex Mundi, he who controls all, the One who dwells within. There is no defense against him. This is his machine.

Anyone who is schizo or psychotic understands because they have seen behind Oz's curtain.

I'm poised on the cusp, which is why I still see. Once you've been to the dark side you can never come back. Medication only helps so much.

RM is as old as time. We are not meant to defeat him. Free will is an illusion. The Master rules here.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sanitizedinfo

I'm sorry your posts were removed. Sort of thing that tends to make people more paranoid, hey?

Still, you can see the moderator's point of view. At least, I can.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Its best not to assume that. I'm a rock.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: audenine

Some of what they described as machinery later was actualized as real communication and visual technologies.

After hearing about technologies like those presented in this video I have wondered very hard about the same thing myself.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Honestly, I really wonder about that, too, Astyanax. I often have trouble believing that what we have called for the last 100 years paranoid schizophrenia just sprang in to existence along with the IR. But sometimes it suits a certain moody world view that I can get in to that can believe that the pressures of that time were that fierce.

I also am interested in what Bateson had to say about it in terms of he and his colleagues' Double bind theory.

Otherwise, I think that Haslam is a better place from which to get traction on the whole thing in light of what the OP seemed to be looking for. Maybe not.

The entire range of paranoid confabulation in modern Western culture is on display right here on Above Top Secret. Somebody should do a study on us.

It sure is. I often remind myself of that after dropping my little nuggets of wisdom on these threads. If anyone were to do a study on us, I often wish that they would study how the place has collected so many that experience sleep paralysis.

edit on 25-9-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I've been living with a schizoaffective diagnosis for well over twenty years now.
I've been through almost all the delusional episodes of gangstalking, paranoia, unwanted influence, voice...you name it.

One thing I've noticed in inpatient scenarios over the course of my illness is that - without fail - if I mention anything specific about what I go through or deal with in regards to my condition, all of a sudden it seems like EVERYONE in the facility suddenly has the exact same experience (or a personal variation thereof) and will follow me around eagerly and actively bringing up the most horrible stories they can come up with. I never get into specifics anymore, but even just mentioning my diagnosis is enough for someone to suddenly chime in "oh yeah, I have that too!" with enthusiastic glee. It's almost as if people with various predispositions find something "new and exciting" to add to their list of ailments in order to attract attentions and sympathies from other patients, doctors, so on and so forth.

Mental illness is like a new iPhone for some folks out there, and that's pretty damned disturbing....it also reduces the legitimacy of the horrifying reality real sufferers deal with. It is extremely hard for me to talk about what I've been through in detail with even a trusted therapist, but a lot of folks out there actually get happy and excited when it comes their turn to talk about all the "horrible things" they've been through. My skepticism immediately takes over after dealing with so many people who do this in clinical settings.

I am extremely skeptical when I read personal accounts of people who go report the exact same pattern online, because it seems to me that a great deal of them stumble across information and then immediately start blending what they have read into their own personal life stories in order to gain sympathy and attention. That behavior in and of itself is another mental disorder, although I confess I don't know the detail on what it's being called these days.

For example - several years ago, while in treatment, I began getting very claustrophobic and anxious...I was worried it might trigger a dissassociative state and informed the nurse on staff of what I was experiencing. Another patient who was nearby overheard my complaint and saw me get a pill to help calm my nerves - and soon after - lo and behold - EVERYONE on the floor was at the med station complaining of the exact same symptom and getting pills.

It should be noted for those who aren't privy to the inpatient world that a large percentage of the populace is not there for actual legitimite mental illnesses - in fact, these days, in order to keep up with the costs of healthcare facilities and so forth, they have begun putting people with substance abuse problems and dysfunctional upbringings into the wards of persons with legitimite mental conditions.

I cannot stress how many times I have been in inpatient and seen people who were there for no other reason that they flipped out during a voluntary drug trip. It's infuriating, mainly because the doctors and nurses have become so desensitized to the complaints of those they monitor that a good percentage of the time I am treated as if I'm nothing more than a child seeking attention because they literally see maladjusted people day in and day out.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying mental illness doesn't exist, and I'm not saying that all cases of gangstalking and various paranoid delusions aren't real for people who report such things - all I am getting at is that there seems to be an overabundance of people in the system and online who seem to relish the attention more than they seek an active solution to what they are going through.

It is very rarely that you will ever find me talking about specific details of what I have endured...primarily because even the act of remembering those traumatic instances can easily set me up for an unwanted spiral back down the rabbit hole.

I cannot tell you how overjoyed I am that I haven't had an episode serious enough to warrant inpatient treatment for over five years. Those facilities are absolute nightmares. How anyone would WANT to have to attend one is beyond my capacity to understand entirely.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I often wish that they would study how the place has collected so many that experience sleep paralysis.

Nice one, that. Subtle. Maybe the aliens and thought-controlling radio waves are real after all?

a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I am extremely skeptical when I read personal accounts of people who go report the exact same pattern online, because it seems to me that a great deal of them stumble across information and then immediately start blending what they have read into their own personal life stories in order to gain sympathy and attention. That behavior in and of itself is another mental disorder, although I confess I don't know the detail on what it's being called these days.

You see the same thing with allergies, and much else.

Aastrologers and quacks make a good living out of this syndrome.

edit on 26/9/14 by Astyanax because: they made me do it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

I often wish that they would study how the place has collected so many that experience sleep paralysis.

Nice one, that. Subtle. Maybe the aliens and thought-controlling radio waves are real after all?

I like to think of it as - sufferers of sleep paralysis are more intelligent and creative.

Not to mention often baffled at what their subconscious can conjure up.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Schizophrenia as we know it and with that element that you are describing that involves "agencies" and "technologies that seem just without the reach of our understanding" came in to being shortly after the Industrial Revolution.

You can read quite a bit about it in a thread that I put up here:

Air Loom: The Curious Case of James Tilly Matthews

Special attention should also be given to the work of Viktor Tausk and his Influencing Machine which is mentioned at the end-ish of the thread by member Kilgore Trout.

originally posted by: audenine

I found this to be fascinating and wondered if some of these people were describing memories of the future. Some of what they described as machinery later was actualized as real communication and visual technologies. I realize that memories of the future may seem impossible within the framework of our current linear view of time, but we understand less about how the temporal mechanics of memory works than we do about the devastation to a person's psyche by paranoid schizophrenia. The human experience of memory may not always be constrained to a linear construct of time.

Curiouser and curiouser....

The technology in photos in a new ATS thread act suspiciously like the Influencing Machine:

We can now remotely control paralyzed rats, letting them walk again: Humans are next

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
"...in order to keep up with the costs of healthcare facilities and so forth, they have begun putting people with substance abuse problems and dysfunctional upbringings into the wards of persons with legitimite mental conditions."

I observed this myself. They seemed to outnumber legitimately mentally ill patients. They waste staff's time, which is better spent dealing with the legitimately mentally ill.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
If you've been on ATS long enough, you've heard the typical paranoid delusional stories. Sometimes it's "gang stalking" but other times it's a bit more unique. Before I read so many of them here and elsewhere, I never realized how well they all corroborate. Why are they all so similar?

I knew two of really bad manic depression, one male and one female. They were so similar to the point they seemed like the same person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join