It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judicial Watch Obtains Documents Detailing the Cost to Taxpayers for Michelle Obama’s Family Trip

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
When I read this I almost fell out of my chair!

This information was obtained by Judicial Watch March, 2012. The administration had to be sued to get this through the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT.

Michelle Obama listed daughters as 'Senior Staffers' to justify her expensive African vacation and safari.

October 5, 2011, Judicial Watch said the U.S. Air Force provided a C-32 ( a Boeing 757 ), modified by the military for the purpose of flying bigwigs around the world, to fly the First Lady and her entourage to and from Africa, at a cost of $424,142. Another $928.44 was listed as 'bulk food' costs per meal for the 192 on board. Lobster isn't cheap when you fly it around the world.

The Obama daughters were listed on the manifest as senior staff. 'This trip was as much an opportunity for the Obama family to go on a safari as it was a trip to conduct government business,' said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. 'This junket wasted tax dollars and the resources of our over-extended military. No wonder we had to sue to pry loose this information. 'The nation is suffering with the economy sputtering, the national debt soaring and Obama's economic rescue policies not only failing, but actively making things worse.

Meanwhile, the First Lady justifies an expensive trip to Africa to take a vacation and safari with her daughters by saying it's 'official business' and even going so far as to list her children as staffers.The level of arrogance and dishonesty on display here is nothing short of shocking.'

www.judicialwatch.org... ip-to-africa/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-obtains-documents-detailing-the-cost-to-taxpayers-for-michelle-obama-s-family-trip-to-africa/

I have no problem paying for their children's vacation but this is fraud. Are the U.S. taxpayers going to do anything about this or just roll over and take it up the wazoo?

What do you think should be done?

edit on Wed Sep 24 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit to subst source title

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Your government in 2008 economic crisis made a robbery of century and you fail of chair for few bucks ? Give me a break !

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I was trying to think of a word for this but they hit it with "arrogance". I'm interested to know if she knew this would come to light, if so than she believes it doesn't matter and that she can do what ever the hell she wants. Why do leaders always feel entitled to everything? even when they have enough.

I don't know what can be done but I think the American people should spread this all over social media, maybe nothing can be done but at least everyone will know how much of a piece of poo she is and she will know that.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The girls sat in the "Senior Staff" section of the plane... They were not paid.

“The Obama daughters were not listed as Senior Staff – that only designates the area of the plane where they were seated,” says the official. “The Air Force categorizes the passengers by compartment on the plane.”

Source

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000
Your government in 2008 economic crisis made a robbery of century and you fail of chair for few bucks ? Give me a break !

The first lady committed fraud....... yeah this is a big deal! She should be arrested and prosecuted for fraud.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
The girls sat in the "Senior Staff" section of the plane... They were not paid.

“The Obama daughters were not listed as Senior Staff – that only designates the area of the plane where they were seated,” says the official. “The Air Force categorizes the passengers by compartment on the plane.”

Source

Not true your source is incorrect. The were paid..... as being falsely identified as staff reps not just sitting in the chairs. A benefit that the children are not illegible for........this is misrepresentation ........fraud
edit on 24-9-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
Not true your source is incorrect. The were paid.

Prove it.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Man are you just getting mad about this type of thing now?
Every president and their family does crap like this write your representative and see if they will propose a bill to stop it
Been going on for decades, good luck with this pipe dream of charges being filled.

My god, was just reading the comments of that page.... never seen so many calling of assassination of the president before

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Not true your source is incorrect. The were paid.

Prove it.

Dunno why but that made me laugh out loud.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Obama's just like every other puppet. This does not surprise me one bit. If Bush, Clinton, Reagan are just like him and open to criticism, this puppet shouldn't get away scot free.

Do as I say not as I do saturates those in authority.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Dunno why but that made me laugh out loud.

I'm 6.

The OP's original "source" doesn't even say the girls were paid. It's a complete fabrication BY THE OP!
edit on 9/24/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

So uncool but that's politics...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

They sat in the section that is designated for the title, what part of that is hard to get?
There was no misrepresentation.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
BOHICA

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
A big [fabricated] To-Do over nothing.

good lawd. some people's stretch of the actualities involved.

:derp:

break it down. the 192 'meals' served cost less than $5.00 each.

just another nobody looking to become a somebody by making mountains out of molehills.

192 meals. 21 people in the entourage.

that's just over 9 meals per person for the entirety @ less than $5 each.

OH THE OUTRAGE!!!

?????

some folks just need to ether get a life or stop trying to push their crap off onto others.

sheesh.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

When I read this I almost fell out of my chair!

This information was obtained by Judicial Watch March, 2012. The administration had to be sued to get this through the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT.

Michelle Obama listed daughters as 'Senior Staffers' to justify her expensive African vacation and safari.

October 5, 2011, Judicial Watch said the U.S. Air Force provided a C-32 ( a Boeing 757 ), modified by the military for the purpose of flying bigwigs around the world, to fly the First Lady and her entourage to and from Africa, at a cost of $424,142. Another $928.44 was listed as 'bulk food' costs per meal for the 192 on board. Lobster isn't cheap when you fly it around the world.

The Obama daughters were listed on the manifest as senior staff. 'This trip was as much an opportunity for the Obama family to go on a safari as it was a trip to conduct government business,' said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. 'This junket wasted tax dollars and the resources of our over-extended military. No wonder we had to sue to pry loose this information. 'The nation is suffering with the economy sputtering, the national debt soaring and Obama's economic rescue policies not only failing, but actively making things worse.

Meanwhile, the First Lady justifies an expensive trip to Africa to take a vacation and safari with her daughters by saying it's 'official business' and even going so far as to list her children as staffers.The level of arrogance and dishonesty on display here is nothing short of shocking.'

www.judicialwatch.org... ip-to-africa/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-obtains-documents-detailing-the-cost-to-taxpayers-for-michelle-obama-s-family-trip-to-africa/

I have no problem paying for their children's vacation but this is fraud. Are the U.S. taxpayers going to do anything about this or just roll over and take it up the wazoo?

What do you think should be done?
I'm betting on "up the WAZOO"!!!! You can't make sense of an insane world!!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Nowhere in the article you linked does it say the girls were paid as Senior Staff only listed as such. Why didn't you say the her mother, niece, nephew and make up and hair stylist were paid as staffers as well seeing how you are just making stuff up.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The White House official also told ABC that although there were five to seven official business events planned throughout the day the private safari “was designated as a private event and paid for personally.”

The secret service as well? I call BS.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

What is the 'BS' that you are calling?
That they didn't pay for the vacation, or that the didn't pay for the secret service protection?
If it is the latter, since when do they have to pay for it?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: abe froman

What is the 'BS' that you are calling?
That they didn't pay for the vacation, or that the didn't pay for the secret service protection?
If it is the latter, since when do they have to pay for it?
I wouldn't want to pay for Secret Service Protection.
They let armed nuts jump the fence and run right into the White House.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join