It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the happiest state to live in US is...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Utah according to a poll, which is more or less the same as saying the poll guy is from Utah or someone hover a finger over a map and landed in Utah but here it is nonetheless.

Utah is the happiest state in the U.S., according to WalletHub’s 2014 State Happiness Rankings. Utah scored 3rd in Emotional & Physical Well-Being Rank, 1st in Community, Environment & Recreational Activities Rank and 2nd in Work rank.

west Virginia is the less happy place in the land

Utah Rated As Happiest State In The Country

The article is full of tables like this one and reasons perhaps

So there you have it Mormons are happier, i wonder if polygamy have anything to do with this

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Utah is a happy place. My brother has lived there for 30 years. His wife was born there but are not mormons. The place is just different, it's hard to explain why.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
A red state is the happiest?

Verrryyy interesting!

I looked and West Virginia is the unhappiest, and from what I have learned can't decide if it is red or blue and changes back and forth.

Could it be the internal indecision?

edit on 9Wed, 24 Sep 2014 09:49:51 -0500am92409amk243 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Lmao. Anyone who thinks Utah is the happiest state has obviously never been to Hawaii. Utah might be happy for the prudes who live there, or maybe they feel that complaining about their situation is somehow insulting to their gods? I know just having been there, it is hard to operate your liberties in public without one puritan vigilante or another attempting to disabuse you of the idea. Utah is the dark heart of American meddlesomeness, and hopefully one day it will vanish from the pages of history.

This is like saying that the state where people are most likely to remain living there the longest is Montana. That does not mean there is something objectively wonderful about Montana, just that the people living there have settled for what they have and have no inclination to reinvent themselves.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I'm sorry i tried to read what you say, but your avatar raped my eyes and possibly gave me an STD

So no one thinks is the Mormons way?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

So there you have it Mormons are happier, i wonder if polygamy have anything to do with this

I beg to differ, The Amish must be the happiest, they have the town of 'Intercourse'

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Sorry, just a little liquid love. ;p

If Mormons can really give me an entire planet to play as a giant city building game for the rest of eternity, I will learn all the secret handshakes they want, but I just can't get behind a derivative work. Joseph Smith should have created a totally new religion, then maybe it would be something to celebrate.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Lmao. Anyone who thinks Utah is the happiest state has obviously never been to Hawaii. Utah might be happy for the prudes who live there, or maybe they feel that complaining about their situation is somehow insulting to their gods? I know just having been there, it is hard to operate your liberties in public without one puritan vigilante or another attempting to disabuse you of the idea. Utah is the dark heart of American meddlesomeness, and hopefully one day it will vanish from the pages of history.

This is like saying that the state where people are most likely to remain living there the longest is Montana. That does not mean there is something objectively wonderful about Montana, just that the people living there have settled for what they have and have no inclination to reinvent themselves.

So what does your impression of Utah have to do with them being happy? This was about how happy the residents were, not visitors.
I recently visited new york city, the whole place smelled like a urinal. I doubt they care what I thought about their city.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

It's not that far from Blue Ball!
Ahhh, the Amish. The one group you can make fun of on the internet without fear of reprisal.

I think that the poll is bunk. Utah is nice for a visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hmmmmm, When I think of Utah, for some strange reason the movie "Children of the Corn" enters my mind. I have never been there, and oddly I can't even explain why I think of that movie when Utah comes up, but it really does! I mean no offense to anyone from Utah, but just a mental snapshot of my own delusions.......

When I saw the OP title, I was banking on it being the state of Colorado, if you know what I mean!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
WV is the "unhappiest"?? Hmm. I guess I better tell all the happy people that I know.
But the Zionists who steal our natural resources always like to make untrue claims and tell outright lies about us here to dehumanize us. It's been going on for a long time. These polls are stupid. See, now I'm unhappy!!!
lol

If I were to label a whole state as the unhappiest, it would have to be NY. What else could explain why the average people on the street are so uncaring and crappy. Many of them seem very sour and unhappy to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Hmmmmm, When I think of Utah, for some strange reason the movie "Children of the Corn" enters my mind. I have never been there, and oddly I can't even explain why I think of that movie when Utah comes up, but it really does! I mean no offense to anyone from Utah, but just a mental snapshot of my own delusions.......

When I saw the OP title, I was banking on it being the state of Colorado, if you know what I mean!

Children of the Corn was Nebraska. It isn't so bad.
Kansas is far creepier.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I currently live in Utah and I would say it goes both way sometimes.
Also this is talking about residents of Utah, not if you like to visit here and how much you like it lol.
Another point, everybody links Utah to Mormonism. There's about 40% active mormons currently in Utah..I wouldn't attribute the happiness to that one bit. People seem to love drinking, sunday funday with pools, guns and mountain activities like hiking, biking, skiing, boarding. Don't come here though, you can only buy alcohol at the state liquor store monday through saturday..damn religious overreach

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I also live in Utah. It's a nice place, and despite what the misinformed think, it's not entirely run by or full of Mormons only.

Why is Utah the happiest state? Because we have a high standard of living, good education system, beautiful geography, four seasons, great local economy, good cost of living.. The girls here are much more attractive, on average, than anywhere else I've been - and I've been all over the country.

We have some of the highest gun-ownership rates in the country (My county is ranked 3rd in gun-ownership across the country) and some of the lowest crime rates. I have lived in Florida, Minnesota, California, Wyoming.. I'll take Utah over these any day.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Fifaboy

Wacky booze laws in PA, too.
Even Georgia had more lenient laws.
I've lived all over and I try to make the best of where I find myself.
I dont need a poll to measure the satisfaction of the people around me.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Honestly, I live in West Virginia and have family spread all throughout so I've been to most of the places here. I don't see how it is considered so unhappy? Everywhere I go (except the northern panhandle which has a lot of crime and where I currently reside) everyone is so welcoming and have little problems. I've just been walking down the street and been invited to complete strangers bbqs. I've been lost and people lead me for over an hour to my road back up home here. It's hard to explain.

I do believe the state is registered more democrat but tend to have more republican ideologies. The younger -- my generation -- seems to be more liberal by way of abortion, welfare, gay marriage, etc -- but the older people are all anti that and help.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I must say, if we compared our points of view on this matter....
WEED be in perfect agreement...if you know what I mean!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I live here, PA sucks, lol.

See my above post for where I plan to relocate within the next 2 years :-P

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
a reply to: smurfy

It's not that far from Blue Ball!

Well, that figures!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Nothing. I just think ranking states by self-reported happiness of their residents is useless. Ranking states by self-reported visitor's happiness might actually tell me something. People in Cambodia are happy. I'd never want to go there, except maybe to see some of the ancient sites.

Stop ranking states by happiness and crime rate per 100,000 and start looking into states for Job Opportunities, cost of living, services like public transportation and higher education access, things like access to high speed internet and recreational opportunities. These lists would be much more meaningful and useful to me.

Oh, and WV really shouldn't be considered less wonderful than Utah by any stretch of the imagination. People in WV have a very honest attitude. They've been working class people since before the industrial revolution and they don't try to sugar coat things. But, at the end of the day, they sit back, drink a beer, spend time with friends and family and enjoy a splendid natural surrounding. If you really want to get a feel for WV, go to Morgantown to one of their football games and take part in a mass singalong of Country Roads and then drive down to Webster County in the summer time to go repelling, white water rafting, zip lining and panning for rubies, hunting for ginseng, dig up some rampian with morel mushrooms and fry up some deer steaks. WV is probably one of my favorite states for its rural environments.

Oh yeah, and moonshine and some of the best mary jane that this country has ever grown. ;p
edit on 24-9-2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join