It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had to pick a side and fight - Which would it be?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Excuse me for asking, but I thought ATS is the best place to get opinions.

I love statistics. I am a member on ATS for over 8 years now and I discovered a big shift in "alignments" during those years. Back in time a lot of people seemed to be "defending" Western actions a lot more than today. I remember how happy I was, when I won a debate in the fighter forum, which was about Palestine and Israel - I defended Palestine and was very surprised to be picked as a winner.

It seems that nowadays the situation is different. I order to keep the OP fair I'll say that "either more people are wakening up, or the propaganda machine of the East is doing a better job".

So I mentioned that I love statistics - and I have a hypothetical question:

After a majority of events, the world in 2019 is divided into two major alliances - The Western alliance headed by the US, NATO and the European Union, supported by pupped governments in the Middle East & Asia, and the Eastern alliance, headed by China, Russia, India and supported also by pupped governments in the Middle East & Asia. A lot of Russians, mainly opposing Putin are switching to the Western alliance, as well as there were cases reported of Americans, fighting for the East.

If you had to choose, which side would you pick, based on current (2014) events ?

(it's a two choice question only) - I promise to deliver a nice chart if we get enough answers

PS: Even though it's a two-choice question only, feel free to elaborate further, even if your choice is not 100%.
edit on 24/9/14 by absente because: making my text pretty

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: absente

I'd go for option 3 sorry

Wouldn't fight for either based on current events.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

That's why I am asking "If you had to choose" - again, it's a very biased question (I know), yet I am really curious.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Silly question ... whome would I pick.

On one side, I have a bunch of religious fanatics ... Christian, Jew and Muslim. On the other, I have the majority of the worlds population.

Religious fanatics, the world has been controlled by these people for over two thousand years. The jews claim themselves to be victims, in reality ... they are the mothers of these religions. Christianity and Islam, are both legs that sprouted out of Jewdom. Used by the Roman empire, to control the population in fear, poverty and helplessness.

Most people in the west, will chose the west ... based on fear of the unknown. They know nothing else, since the day their ancestors were subdued, and fear ending up in a black, cold cave.

The Chinese aren't to be ignored, there are more Chinese in the US, than you can count. Warring against the Chinese, is far more dangerous than anything else.

My answer is ... I pick my side.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: absente
Excuse me for asking, but I thought ATS is the best place to get opinions.

I'd be surprised if we don't engage China in Africa. In which case, if they'd have me, I'd re-up
in a blink as a trainer. Probably too old for field work.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Whatever side Canada is on.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I choose Bob Marley, John Lennon and Ghandi - F-ck your two choices only, that is the biggest problem. Right vs Left, Christian vs Muslim, East vs West and so on is Stupid.

edit on 24-9-2014 by James1970 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Neither, but if I was asked who would win, I would say the Eastern Alliance as you mention. Even if they loose the war they will win with forcing the Western Alliance to change their foreign policies and trade practices (any such war would be part of a plan to implement the Hegelian dialectic). It would the best part of the world to live in afterwards as these would be re-growing economies but the West would still be stagnant. Also these countries still have a basic morality whilst the West has degenerated and will suffer the fate of all empires that degenerate morally.
edit on 24/9/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
You're probably not going to have a choice.
If it's come down to 2 factions fighting it out for the world, you'll be a "volunteer" for which ever side you live in geographically.

My choice would be the US. At least I'd get buried at home.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I'll play.

Without a doubt ... the Western alliance.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I'd play solitaire until my generator goes out. I'm not dying or killing anyone for other peoples stupidity. If the Eastern or Western Alliances want me, come and get me.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I would be a Western alliance supporter,
We have the technology, The resources, oil coal gas water minerals.
Plus the intelligence to out strategically maneuver the Eastern powers,
All in all it would be a battle of Intelligence and not nuclear options.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Nato Not because I believe in it, but Living in the UK one has no other option.
You'd have to be mad to fight for those your own country is at war with.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Firstly i will fight with no matter who it is that fight against Israel. Israel ismy nr1 enimy and will support anyone againts them.
Then it is whomever fight against the usa , they are enemy nr 2
Then whoever fight against the "west" americas puppets uk, aus est.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
None .. let the idiots butcher each other.. not a damn one of them worth fighting for and definetly not a damn one worth dying for..
You want to throw your life away for a bunch of ungrateful corrupt useless bastards be my guest ..

Will be at the pub having a few and chatting up barmaids ..

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
I'd play solitaire until my generator goes out. I'm not dying or killing anyone for other peoples stupidity. If the Eastern or Western Alliances want me, come and get me.

Come to the pub have a few drinks ..

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Well let's see here..

Working within the confines of your very limited parameters..

Russia is presently annexing some of their neighbors territory and the US is presently bombing another country. If this continues it's a no brainer.

Neither seem to have the moral high ground.

If I MUST choose, I'll fight for clean air, fresh water and reforestation.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Come to the pub have a few drinks ..

I'll be there mate, if this went down i think we'd get an open bar and a pool table.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
im an american and proud to be one always have been my government does some shady stuff at times but atleast im free to say that. i think there needs to be alot of changes and fixes here but im willing to help the country that has kept me safe and free for 40 years and given me and my family a free education and supported us when we needed them most. ie unemployment. food and medicine when we were down giving us a chance to get back on our feet so i owe allegiance to them.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I'd fight for the West. This is my home. But only in the way where there are people in my country attacking. After such a war the entire world would be so weakened militarily, that people in my country can re-instate the purpose more truly of America.

edit on 24-9-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join