It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"A Walk Among the Tombstones".....review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A neo-noir, almost thriller staring Liam Neeson. Neeson usually is a better actor than in this film. Maybe it wasn't his fault as the script
and direction was just a barely halfassed attempt at creating a creepy mood. The bad guys however were very creepy and pretty much carried the whole film. Don't bother with seeing this one on the big screen; your monitor or laptop will do just fine on netflix.
Lots of torture, blood and violence but an engaging story would have been great. The scroungy side of New York City was kinda cool though as the Location.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think rough and NYC I think of Charles Bronson (both the Man With A Camera series and Death Wish 1, 3 and 5). I think Liam actually lives in NY, Meatpacker's District. S + F.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Meatpacker's District. S + F.

Meatpacking.

He also has a house up by New Paltz.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
A neo-noir, almost thriller staring Liam Neeson. Neeson usually is a better actor than in this film. Maybe it wasn't his fault as the script
and direction was just a barely halfassed attempt at creating a creepy mood. The bad guys however were very creepy and pretty much carried the whole film. Don't bother with seeing this one on the big screen; your monitor or laptop will do just fine on netflix.
Lots of torture, blood and violence but an engaging story would have been great. The scroungy side of New York City was kinda cool though as the Location.

Sounds interesting. I've just started the novel by Lawrence Block.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
All I could think of when I saw this trailer was taken 3 with a new name and plot.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
All I could think of when I saw this trailer was taken 3 with a new name and plot.

Yeah, same. Not sure what he was thinking.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The outlaw detective character is a bit of a tired stereotype but if somebody can pump a little charisma into it, it's Liam Neeson. A white knight in a corduroy car coat who isn't above busting a bad cops nose through a plate glass window.

When accused of being on the take in his former police job, he admits "couldn't have supported my family if I hadn't been".

A lot of bizarre casting amongst the rest of the actors. Sebastian Roche, of Scottish French ancestry is the worst Chechen crime lord I've yet to see. Dan Stevens (?) portrayal of the drug addicted brother to the big 'dealer' was a bumbling, painful thing to witness.

No matter. Neeson is strong enough to carry the whole picture.

If you remember Travis McGee, you'll enjoy A Walk Among the Tombstones.
edit on -05:0002149432014-09-24T02:43:02-05:00 by Psynic because: retyped 'window' because it appeared as an _ for some reason?

new topics

top topics

join