It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama disrespectfully salutes Marine with a coffee cup

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well I guess its fine if you don't think its a big deal.
These "news" sources thought it was worth reporting.

www.washingtontimes.com...

abcnews.go.com...

I personally think it's just another minor thing done by an unqualified president.
edit on 23-9-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Well said...I think I have heard about the firings. Is that the Air Force scandal they covered up with "cheating"? He says he respects our military but doesn't do a lot to show it. Hopefully there is a good candidate in 2 years. I wish we could vote an independent into office and get rid of the fed. That would be a good start.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The Air Force Basic Training scandal was a military sex scandal at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. The scandal involved 43 female trainees who alleged being victimized by their Military Training Instructors during and after basic military training starting from 2009.

Seventeen male instructors were accused of offenses ranging from seeking improper relationships to rape and 35 instructors were removed from their posts pending investigations. Nine of the accused instructors belonged to the 331st Training Squadron.

The commander of the 331st Training Squadron, Lt. Col. Mike Paquette, was removed from command in June 2012 because of the problems in his unit. In August 2012 the commander of the 737th training group, Col. Glenn Palmer, was also relieved from his position due to the scandal

As if the military doesn't pull some sorry crap on itself.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Not surprised at all by this guy's behavior. From Not placing his hand over his heart for the National Anthem, I believe it was that song, to refusing to wear the Small American Flag Pin on his suit in public, etc etc etc...... This one does not like or respect this country is how I think he feels...... Disrespectful to say the least............

edit on 23-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

From the article...

Carey Winfrey, the retired editor of Smithsonian Magazine and a former Marine, wrote an outstanding article for the New York Times about the presidential salute. In it, he asserts, “when it comes to salutes (and one or two other matters), presidents deserved to be cut some slack.”

At least Bush had a proper salute with a dog in his arms.

edit on 23-9-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
At least Bush had a proper salute with a dog in his arms.

He was in the military and should know proper salute etiquette.
I suppose I just find it a small thing to get too worked up about.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

My late Grand dad (RIP) would have been insulted by such behavior since he was in the US Army during World War 2.
edit on 23-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

wow, he is just being so lazy.. If I had a cup of coffee in my hand or anything I would take an extra couple of seconds to set it down then salute.

I can't wait till hes gone in 2016, I think he is the worst president we have ever had !

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Is the illusion of the presidency clear enough for you yet?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Just imagine how elevated Obama could be if he gave a proper salute.

Then the leftists could bray about how elevated Obama is over other presidents.

Instead?

*sigh*

Stay classy, Obama.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

SO you want us TO KILL HIM?
That's silly, illegal and I won't do it.the MARINES got THAT cherry BUSTED from CLINTON'S husband.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

edit on 23-9-2014 by Elton because: *sigh*

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Reagan was CAV we are all bout the respect thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Xcathdra

Reagan was CAV we are all bout the respect thing.

Yeah so much respect for the military that he cut and run when over two hundred Marines were murdered.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

My late Grand dad (RIP) would have been insulted by such behavior since he was in the US Army during World War 2.

Why would he be insulted it isn't protocol for the President to salute them and the President back in WW2 didn't salute the troops.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
*outrage*

if you have ever served in the military its something you would never ever do out of respect....i mean he is the boss and all but military guys will notice that and remember that. I'm not saying he is evil or bad because of it but im sure he lost some respect from it.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

But still as Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces every President should at least show some decency with the troops. And really it's not just the saluting.

Like what other members said Obama just standing there during the Pledge of Allegiance is another issue and plus treating the Constitution as a piece of paper.

Not to mention Obama swapping 5 Taliban Prisoners for an alleged Army deserter.
edit on 24-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Oh, get over it! The man had a coffee in his hand and is not obliged to salute back. It's a natural response and reflex to raise your arm in salute to another person if they initiate it, some people will just use any damned thing to attack another.

Seriously. This is just plain stupid to be complaining about in a world where surely we all have bigger fish to fry?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Reminds of Hitler-style Nazi super state; Seig Heil is mandatory.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Oh for eff's sake. Is this really an earth-shattering issue worthy of lace panties being sucked up genitals on ATS? My medically discharged soldier spouse has saluted inflated ego soldiers with the middle finger before. Wanna rant about that, too? Or is it just cups of coffee that are insulting?

If half the effort put into pissing and moaning about pointless garbage like this was put into actual civil issues for serious changes in laws & behavior, we'd have a country worth something.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join