It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

paranormal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
hydesville new york , home of the fox sisters , spiritual awaking 1848 , the fox sisters began hearing rapping sounds coming from their home , after a while they discovered it was spirits trying to communicate with the family , the fox family started asking questions and the spirits would answer with rapping sounds , one rap for yes 2 raps for no , soon they had full conversations with the spirits , less than a year they became very well know and top class people would travel from all over America to visit their home and take part in seances , their the mediums would give messages from loved ones that have passed , this became the birth of modern spiritualism - 1848

after spiritualism started the women's right movement started

in the seances messages where given but after a while psychical phenomena really took off with levitation , ectoplasm , spirit photography

soon this phenomena mediumship spread all over Europe

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gavdemonologist34

Nah, it flipped back and forth across the "pond", gaining strength in popularity everytime it was re-exported/imported.

The Fox sisters later confessed to hoaxing the whole thing.

edit on 23-9-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Nah, it flipped back and forth across the "pond", gaining strength in popularity everytime it was re-exported/imported.

The Fox sisters later confessed to hoaxing the whole thing.

Thanx for ruining a ghost story.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Drop dead thread

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The Fox sisters did open up many peoples eyes to many a charlatan looking to make a quick pocket of change using very easy illusionist tricks. Harry Houdini, a skilled magician, hated the spiritualist movement. Because he could recognize the fraudulent techniques being used by so called 'mediums', as he himself spent a lifetime in trade learning the art of stage magic. It was people like them, fake psychic mediums, who made/make it hard for the legitimate psychic mediums that always exist in society. In every age and every generation.

A better example of an individual with genuine abilities that truly astounded scientists, would be spiritualism's One White Crow - Lenora Piper.

Lenora Piper - Spiritualism's One White Crow

CdT

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
True there where a lot of fraud mediums .but there where also a lot of great mediums .some pf theses mediums where studied by SPR ... theres allways going to be great mediums and # mediums . Great paranormal teams and # paranormal teams .we have to take the good with the bad .

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

That's not true,

Piper was only slightly more subtle than Blavatsky. She used her sisters and a maid, and I am sure others, as a network to gather information about targets.

She was also a fake.

Who else then?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I've never heard those claims before. Is there evidence? Or is this simply conjecture set forth by debunkers after the fact? Playing the 'what if' game and applying reasoning and justification to bias the view a certain way? As I've always read the story of Lenora Piper, as a true mystery. Who even allowed herself to be removed from her home and environment to prove the veracity of her claims.

But I will rise up to the challenge and share with you some other intriguing people, I find may have possibly possessed remarkable abilities that have befuddled researchers and scientists. And could be defined as 'paranormal' per title of this thread. I'm sure you'll disagree or find some fault with them all, and I look forward to the debate.

Stella Cranshaw is an interesting case study conducted by and inventor and scientist named Price. Of course, only after the fact, was it suggested that foul play was at hand. The debunkers theory to this case study is that Price himself paid Stella Cranshaw to act out a psychic medium ruse, to raise funding and promote psychic research. Whether or not these people actually did have any abilities, and regardless of the public doubt and ridicule and skepticism regarding the idea of paranormal/supernatural abilities. It would seem that the scientific and government industrial complex took the bait. As we all know Project Stargate actually did happen, with all seriousness, and in top secrecy.

Nina Kulagina, was purported to be telekinetic. She was able to move and levitate things with her mind. Scientists studied her extensively, in a controlled environment, in the 1960's. Yet, like with all other cases of documented psychic ability - doubt is cast upon the findings. Debunkers and skeptics in this particular case claim that it was odd that Nina Kulagina needed so much time to prepare herself for an experiment. After her excursions in mental discipline at the art of telekinesis, she would be exhausted. Detractors suggest that she needed this time to put in place her trickery and deceive them. Despite being in their facilities, under their watch, with their controls in place. Supposedly this crafty little lady, out foxed em' all.

The same could be said of Ed Dames and his work with remote viewing and his knowledge of the Stargate Project. You see, it's not that the government doesn't believe. They already know it's real. But their mission isn't to uncover that for you, or help you understand it, or explain it to you. Their job is to suppress it and control it. It's a dangerous possible evolution in our conscious evolutionary development, from a certain perspective. Of course, they are attempting to suppress and control it and handle the emotional response of the public at large, to those who do present with paranormal abilities or perceptions.

CdT

edit on 24-9-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: sentence correction

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

If I ever had any doubt about there being such a thing as a "true medium", those doubts would be destroyed by Kim Russo, who stars in the weekly show, The Haunting Of..., on LMN Channel.
Kim has also appeared on the t.v. shows, "Paranormal State" and "Psychic Kids", where she helps psychic kids understand their psychic gifts.

Kim has been put through a battery of tests to prove her accuracy by the Forever Family Foundation, which has deemed her a certified medium. This organization works with many bereaved families who have suffered a loss.

She is my all-time favorite medium.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The idea of a foundation for "certifying" mediums would be one of the most absurd things that I have ever heard of, except for the bereaved.

It's the "bereaved" that drive the whole industry. My Mom's side is especially susceptible to that sort of thing and contribute yearly to whatever the massive amount of money is that Americans spend on this stuff every year.

Testing psychics. Gotta be like herding cats.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Over the years i have seen great mediums and seen # mediums .i have witnessed some strange stuff at seances that cant be debunked .i also do spiritual and demonic house clearence .im a demonologist and work with my girlfriend who is a great medium we.do.this work beacuse we love helping people frew of charge ...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You are providing a wonderful service for others Gavin. And it being a free service shows your interest in helping people.

Here is one example for the ATS community to see how you help: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join