It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer: Mom in hot car death case passed polygraph

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

ATLANTA | A Georgia woman whose husband is charged with murder in the death of their toddler son in a hot vehicle passed a polygraph test in which she was asked about whether she knew her husband would leave the child in the vehicle, her lawyer said Monday.

Harris responded "no" to each of the following questions during the polygraph test:

— Prior to June 18th, did you know that your husband would leave your son in that vehicle?

— Did you plan or arrange with your husband to leave your son in that vehicle?

— Did your husband tell you that he was going to leave your son in that vehicle?

Police have questioned Leanna Harris, but she faces no charges in the case.

I guess I've become overly suspicious. I didn't expect her to pass a polygraph.

Leanna Harris' lawyer, Lawrence Zimmerman, said in an emailed statement that he hired a licensed veteran polygraph administrator and former law enforcement officer to administer the test to Harris on July 16. Harris passed the test with no indication of deception, he said.

Source: Atlanta, AP

The thing that got me, was upon hearing at the day care that her husband didn't bring the baby that morning, her response was immediately "He must have left him in the car".

That's not the first thing someone would think. Is it?

edit on 9/23/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: Trying to get rid of dead space at the end of this, but can't

edit on 9/23/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Huh ya I was thinking she was an accomplice as well....
I would not be ready to say she is 100% innocent, those lie detectors can be tricked and give false readings

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Primary psychopaths will pass a polygraph... just sayin' :

that she could be psycho
edit on 23-9-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I know people react differently to grief, and I don't fault her for the smacking gum stuff and dry eyes during the trial, but the last comment I made about the statement to the daycare, and also the sweet memorial she gave to her husband at the child's funeral..... too much.

I'm sure there might be ways to beat a polygraph, I just doubt she's criminal-savvy enough to know them.

Although, I think psychopaths can pass them.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

that she could be psycho

You must have been posting while I was typing. But if you think about it, they would almost have to be psychopaths to put their beautiful boy through such a horrendous death.

Two psychopaths. Well you know what they say. "There is a Jack for every Jill".

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

No i agree her reaction to hearing the news is very telling to me too.
A thought just popped on my head that maybe she had found the online research he was doing and she had an idea that he might do it, so when she got the news that is what popped in her head.
If that is the case I am not sure if she could be faulted for anything

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
People react differently to emotion. I didn't cry at all when my mother died, til years later.

When I buried my cat last week or so, I cried so hard my belly felt like I did 8000 sit ups for a week.

Walk a mile, people.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
People react differently to emotion. I didn't cry at all when my mother died, til years later.

When I buried my cat last week or so, I cried so hard my belly felt like I did 8000 sit ups for a week.

Walk a mile, people.

I agree completely with this...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Regardless of whether she is a psycho or whether she cares or doesn't care is irrelevant. The question is whether she was involved and responsible in any way. Maybe she hated her son and was relieved or happy upon hearing of what husband did. That doesn't automatically mean she was involved.

Reminds me of "The Stranger". People care more about someone caring than their actual guilt in a crime.

Also I don't understand why polygraphs are still used. They have been shown to be unreliable and sometimes outright false.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

that she could be psycho

You must have been posting while I was typing. But if you think about it, they would almost have to be psychopaths to put their beautiful boy through such a horrendous death.

Two psychopaths. Well you know what they say. "There is a Jack for every Jill".

And maybe she is a woman who has just lost her son in one of the most horrid ways possible and you are doing your little part to fan the flames for a public witch hunt for the sake of whatever demented, emotional kickback that gives you and that alone.

Personally, I think that anyone that would gossipmonger about something like this is clearly lacking empathy themselves. But the best way to hide what you don't want others to see in you is to paint it on someone else I guess. Preferably someone vulnerable or at least unable to defend themselves. Personally, I have far more evidence that you are a psychopath than you have that this woman is.

I'm so sick of crap like this I want to throw up. Maybe the misanthropic whiners do have it right; the human race is a waste. Thank you for this thread and all of you jumping on this ridiculous, torrid train for confirming yet one more time my suspicion that most people are nasty, vicious creatures who spend most of their time spinning words into an attempt to mimic sentience or even basic decency but are in all actuality incapable of it.

I hope... With everything I have that all of you will stand accused of something you did not do and experience a trial by public opinion. Although, I don't think that most of you are capable of genuine empathy, let alone something as complex as self-reflection anyway; you are incapable of learning, so what does it matter.

Worse than useless, the lot of you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
What are the State Laws Concerning Polygraph Admissibility?

Almost every state fits into one of two categories; those that find them completely inadmissible and those that allow their admission with "the stipulations of both parties" (meaning both you and the prosecutor agree to admit the test results as evidence).

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

And maybe she is a woman who has just lost her son in one of the most horrid ways possible and you are doing your little part to fan the flames for a public witch hunt for the sake of whatever demented, emotional kickback that gives you and that alone.

WTH? Demented emotional kickback? This is a newpaper article. Get over yourself. Did my little thread hit a nerve for ya? Cause thou sure doth protest a little too much.

Personally, I think that anyone that would gossipmonger about something like this is clearly lacking empathy themselves. But the best way to hide what you don't want others to see in you is to paint it on someone else I guess. Preferably someone vulnerable or at least unable to defend themselves. Personally, I have far more evidence that you are a psychopath than you have that this woman is.

Now I am a psychopath. Tsk. Tsk. Shame on you. What evidence do you have, and what is it you don't understand about This is a newpaper article
If you think I'm "gossiping", maybe you need to take it up with the Associated Press, and stop trolling me. Yes?

I hope... With everything I have that all of you will stand accused of something you did not do and experience a trial by public opinion. Although, I don't think that most of you are capable of genuine empathy, let alone something as complex as self-reflection anyway; you are incapable of learning, so what does it matter.

Listen, I can see you are upset. I'm thinking you are somehow connected with this "case" on a personal level. I'm sorry if you are. This was in the newspaper today, and as I am sure you are aware, this case is getting national attention. There are many questions surrounding the death of this child. I certainly have plenty. If that doesn't sit well with you, then I'm sorry, but that doesn't negate anything I've said. If this person is innocent, then an investigation will hopefully clear her.

But that does not in any way whatsoever give you the right to come on this thread, and attack my character, and my integrity, or anyone else who has posted here.

Worse than useless, the lot of you.

Sorry you feel that way. Perhaps it's time for you to move on.

edit on 9/24/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

And another thing.............. Nah, I'm done with you.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Ma'am, I know the other person doesn't need a white knight (errr in my case, lady? lol), but it seems like he's the only other one here with some common sense.

It is gossip. There's no need to re-post this business, in this manner. It's repugnant. Not you, per se, the whole thing going around like this is creating a witchhunt for her, as the other poster mentioned.

None of us know what happened. Again, walk a mile.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

What is it about this is an AP release, do you people not understand? This is not gossip. If you think so, then you don't know what gossip is. This is the case of an allegedly murdered child, who's father has been indicted by a Grand Jury, and whose mother strangely continues to support him.

You think that's gossip? Or is it fact?

Most marriages do not survive the death of a child. If a child is in the care of one parent, and is in some type of accident, such as a car crash, the marriage doesn't typically survive, because the remaining parent can't let go of "there had to be something else you could have done". Whether it's a hunting accident, fire, or whatever.

I hope to God this woman didn't have anything to do with this, because Infanticide by one's own parents is about the most heinous and egregious crime I can think of. God bless that child.

She has passed a polygraph. It was in the newspaper. Now it's here. I also resent the self-righteous attitude and self aggrandizing of your, and the previous person's post.

"Walk a mile". Oh please. There is no 'witchhunt' here either. You'll need to go elsewhere for that. Just discussing the newspaper article, thank you so much.

Please don't be too disappointed if in the future, I forget to check with you first on my thread topics, since you found "no need" for this thread. I see you're not a fan.

Alrighty then.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You are beautiful. Thank you.

My sister died after a long battle with Leukemia when I was 13 and she was 11. I didn't really cry that day because I had to be strong for my mom. Back in those days, parents were shuffled off to grief counselling and anyone under 15 was sent outside to "play."

In the 30 years since I have wept many, many times for her death and my loss.

I am going through something right now that is as close to a "death" in the family as you can get without the death. I have cried once, privately, but have largely remained stoic. Meanwhile, I weep when I watch a silly TV show about a green archer. Walk a mile, folks. You simply have no idea and your personal experience tells you almost nothing about another persons grief.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think I indicated in the OP that you can't determine anything by the way a person grieves.

I do want to say this. I have spent most of my adult life advocating for children. I will also continue to do so.

I do not advocate for this father, or this mother. I am an advocate for Cooper. The parents are lucky enough to have their lives, a voice, and an opportunity to prove their innocence through the justice system.

He does not.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I'm saying that even AP is gossip mongering....I'm not attacking you.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Then do you consider all news to be gossip?

Quite frankly I was relieved to see she has passed a polygraph. It gives me hope that she was not complicit in this.

For Cooper's sake, I pray she wasn't.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Almost all, yes. That's fine too, when it's presented as such.

new topics

top topics

join