It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate Hotmail!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
For the fourth time in 3 months this stupid service tells me somebody might be using my account and I have to go through the struggle of verifying that I am the rightfull owner of my account...

I do not have:

Facebook
Gmail
Twitter
Yahoo
Netlog
Instagram
Linkedin
Pinterest
Tumblr

As a matter of fact, I only have this ATS account and a hotmail account but as it stands I won't be activating my hotmail anymore so I hope I'll never forget my password to ATS because I'll be screwed.

I am sooooo freaking done with all this crap!! Why would anybody want to hack my account? I am probably the least interesting person on the entire www when it comes to email traffic. If they would have just send me an email, I would have gladly shared my password. Now nobody gets to use my account.

Thank you very much to the person responsible and Microsoft for delivering such a crappy product that it is nessecary for me to verify who I am every other month!!!

/incoherent rant

If anybody needs me, I'll be here on ATS most of the time or just give me a call.

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hotmail is so 1990 anyway.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
X2... it wasn't X2 funny though...

edit on 23-9-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I got rid of Gmail, Yahoo, etc and switched to GMX. I'm sure it's just as bad as the rest but it's a simple layout.

Back in the day I had a Hotmail account. They changed their system in 2007 I believe. So my account could no longer be accessed. You needed a Microsoft account which ended up not giving you access to your original Hotmail data.

Too many hooks, hidden loopholes nowadays.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Ya you need to drop that hotmail, I went through the same headache with them trying to verify once and it put me off of hotmail.

I use gmail and I have no problems, that is what i suggest, and I think you can change your email with ATS as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I hear ya!

Went though that BS so many times... do yourself a favor, write your password down...

IF you mess it up even once it starts that crap all over again

I F****n Hate Hotmail!!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Second most .. last time even bothered to check my email was when registered here at ats .. as to the rest of it dont use any of it ..

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
go to account.live.com and check the account activity.

I'd wager that there is someone trying to access your account from overseas. I get occasional failed attempts to access my account originating from China.

It's a sad truth that there are those online that would steal your account in a heartbeat if they were allowed to do so. The only reason you have to take the extra step to verify your account is because it is being protected from these types of people and guarding against an attempted account theft.

Instead of being upset at hotmail for locking down the account, maybe you should be grateful the account was not stolen and instead blame the people who attempted to steal your email address.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I just went through a 'verifying' thing with a new account, I can empathize.

My opinion is "GMail" is the best free service.

Some of the other services request way too much info or just complicate the concept of "free".

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

Yeah I know, I know...

The thing is, I hardly use email for personal things. The only reason I have this account is to receive my daily links to numerous newsletters and interesting things I'd like to be updated on.

Every morning I get up an hour earlier (which is 03:30) just to enjoy my coffee&ATS and check my hotmail for news. I had this handy feed from USGS about recent earthquakes, a puzzle-site which notifies me of new puzzles and my daily Garfield.....you can imagine my morning ritual was rudely interupted by this Hotmail notification and it did not immediately make me appreciate Microsoft for keeping my information secure.

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
go to account.live.com and check the account activity.

Do I not have to be logged in for that option? (Which I can"t at the moment).

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It constantly asked for my phone number, so I just abandoned the account. PITA.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Who still uses that? After all the hacks a few yrs ago...so many others for free out there!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Had a hotmail account for probably 20 years or so it seems and have only had that happen maybe twice.

Guess you just have bad luck

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Or maybe the notice you are getting is fake, and is a phishing attempt designed to get you to "verify" your information.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
yeah both hotmail and Twitter have done this me a lot

It's been every single day with Twitter for the past 7 weeks or so...every day "someone may be logging into your account with out your permission" or some BS and "are posting strange things"

Thing is I haven't logged into Twitter for like 5 months..so I go ok..lemme check

literally nothing posted at all since I left

It's probably phishing

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

WTF you don't have a clue? Obviously its your place of employment since 2008.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Somebody has been going through my profile to dig up stuff....lol

Did you find anything of interest there Waterglass?

You're funny....

Peace
edit on 21-11-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I’ve had hotmail forever. Never experienced any of those problems. Now I get craploads of scam emails telling me someone is trying to hack my account. I delete them all without looking at them.

I also have an iCloud account. Since I have an Ipad, I probably use that more than my hotmail account anyway.

new topics

top topics

join