It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mommy, can I have one...please, Please, Pretty PLEASE! The Alaskan CoPilot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's called the Alaskan CoPilot...Website

"We take a factory-made Marlin 1895 and completely dissemble it. Using precision machined parts, the rifle is converted to a takedown. We cut the barrel, port it to reduce recoil, and recrown it at 16-1/2, 18 or 20 inches in either .45 or .50 caliber.
The front sight is remounted using a fiber optic front bead for high visibility and our original Ghost Ring Sight is installed.
Before reassembling, a reliability tune is performed on the action for feeding, extracting and ejecting.
Our patent pending Trigger Happy Kit is installed for a crisp clean 3 pound trigger pull. The action is modified to allow use of the new .457 Wild West Magnum while still allowing use of standard 45-70 loads, or is set up for the big .50 Alaskan. We install a Pachmayr Decelerator pad to help with recoil and Parkerize the rifle. A 21"x9"x2" soft carry-case is provided with each package."

it comes in many flavors but the one I want can fire .457 ww magnum or regular 45-70 loads or 410's!!!

Man this would make a sweet pack gun. only prob is their not cheap

Wild West Guns CoPilot in .457 WWMagnum/45-70 – Stainless $2600.00
Wild West Guns CoPilot in .457 WWMagnum/45-70 – Parkerize or Matte Blue $2400.00
Wild West Guns CoPilot in .50 Alaskan – Stainless $3200.00
Wild West Guns CoPilot in .50 Alaskan – Parkerize or Matte Blue $3000.00
Also available in 30/30, 35 Rem, 44 mag, 357 and 45 Colt – Stainless $2600.00
Also available in 30/30, 35 Rem, 44 mag, 357 and 45 Colt – Parkerize or Matte Blue $2400.00

Deduct $385.00 if you provide us with your rifle

I always wanted a TakeDown rifle... But 3 grand... come on... for that kind of money I can buy a Nemesis Arms Vanquish, there $4,500 BTW

I hope the gun makers read this post because Lots of people like me would love a good high quality Takedown Rifle, something that can live in my backpack 99% of the time, but when needed can be easily assembled and put into action quickly... without having to take out a second mortgage to get one.

Ah but it's nice to dream... Going to have to put this one on my list of things to buy...after I win the power ball...

Mommy, can I have one...please, Please, Pretty PLEASE!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
For 3 grand, I better get a night out with this chick holding as part of the deal. Just sayin'...

Beautiful weapon though.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

It is pretty... both the rife and the girl...
sadly I can afford neither of them...sighs

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

It is pretty... both the rife and the girl...
sadly I can afford neither of them...sighs

I wish I could afford to get her a new hair cut though.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I want one too!
Small enough to tote and good enough to get the job done.

I'm almost afraid to show my husband though, because if one did ever make it in the house, I might have to fight him for it. Haha, but he's got his own toys already.

Thank you for showing us this!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

They do not "dissemble" a Marlin. They might disassemble one, but to dissemble one would be... difficult. I am not sure how one dissembles any kind of rifle to be quite honest, but it would be trickier than disassembling it, which would actually be a helpful thing to do, if their intention is to modify the living hell out of it, and make it throw cannon balls (which appears to be the affect they are after).

And am I concerned for anyone who would purchase a firearm from an engineer who cannot spell disassemble? You are damned right I am!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Knowing you have a mini cannon ball when the bear is staring down you and the kids is a very good feeling.

As it stands now a .410 slug is what I have. I'm sure I will never see one of these, but we can dream right?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Oh, I am sure the weapon performs admirably. But they really need to work on their basic spelling and grammar on their website!

To be honest, it does look like a bit of a mean bugger of a firearm. It looks like the sort of thing you expect to see someone from the television series Firefly pick up when the crap hits the fan. From the numbers being bandied about on the website, and the fact that it can be broken down to fit into a small case or back pack, I would say that it will be a hit with those who like loud noises, sore shoulders, and decapitating whatever they are shooting at using only the pressure exerted by the passage of a bullet through brain matter.

I really cannot get over the idea of "dissembling" a firearm though...

"Its not a firearm, it is merely a tool for the rapid projection of lead in a direction chosen by the operator."
"It is not a firearm, it is just a lead redistribution mechanism which looks like a firearm."

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I art a high school grad-u-ate and can't speel but I can build a website!

I'm not one say anything... I'm more than a little dyslexic and it really comes out when I'm in a hurry or excited.

Is it colur or color?
But hey this is America... we don't speak no proper English here bouts, we all speak Merican... with "Ye-all" used as a Present Progressive Tense for Current Action and a Possessive Pronoun at the same time!

edit on 23-9-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The SBL did not need pimping.

*shrug*

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom
Couple months back the wife and I took the girls to Dutch Johns to go fishing.
that's way up in the NW corner of Utah BTW.

when we were breaking down camp my wife spotted a Grizzly sow with a cub, waiting for us to leave so she could come in and check for left overs...

Man, nothing in the world is more dangerous than a momma bear with a cub.... And we never thought to see a big Griz that far south either...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Now that is one sweet rifle, I would love to use it for hunting,

But for that price I could have a dozen SKS's or a weatherby.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The owner of that store is a real piece of work. I'll never shop there just because of the attitude he's given friends of mine.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

well it is a custom job after all.

But I'd really like to see Marlin or Winchester even Rossi mass produce a Takedown riffle like this.
I bet they'd sell a lot of them.

I mean a SS Marlin in 45-70 MSRP is just over $600... if they could make a Takedown version for...under $800, I'd buy one...

3 grand is more a pipe dream.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Totally agree! Rossi makes some really sweet rifles and this looks to be right up their alley!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The owner of that store is a real piece of work. I'll never shop there just because of the attitude he's given friends of mine.

LOL... We have a "gun store commando" here in Colorado too.

whatever it is you've ever done... he's done better, faster, more often and with style... Don't believe me, ask him, he'll tell ya all about it. and we young bucks, (anyone under 50) don't know diddly squat!

Little wonder no one just hangs out in his store, we just get what we need and go...
edit on 23-9-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Well, it's not just him ... his staff is also really unfriendly and unhelpful. There are TON of other gun stores that have better customer service and prices than that guy.

The owner has also recently been in the news for some hunting violations:

The colorful star of the Alaska reality television show “Wild West Alaska," which promotes an Anchorage gun shop and the 49th-state's huntin'-fishin'-goldmining lifestyle, today finds himself in trouble with state wildlife authorities with their own reality TV show to promote -- "Alaska State Troopers.''

Wild West Guns owner Jim V. West has been charged with 17 hunting violations, including trespassing on Alaska Native lands while guiding a black bear hunt. His attorney has questioned whether troopers might have busted him to boost their TV ratings.

Alaska reality TV star Jim West charged with 17 hunting violations

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It raises he blood pressure a touch doesn't it?
I prefer to be able to leave the area, but you just never know what they are going to do. Mama's are especially unpredictable. Those cubs are so curious that many times they will bring mama to you just out of that curiosity.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My sons first rifle was a Rossi Triple Threat single shot take down with three interchangeable barrels, 22, 243 and 20 gauge shotgun, it has been quite the meat stick.

As for that shop in Anchorage, that guy sounds like a real loser!
edit on 23-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: missed a capital letter

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I know some guys that are *really* into guns -- and they won't shop there.

Sadly, with Cabella's and Bass Pro now up here the little guys are feeling the squeeze. Most military guys on deployment up here don't know about the smaller Mom & Pop gun stores and just head to the familiar named big box stores.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join