It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaskan Reporter Releases Video On Why She "F'n Quit"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You know the line by now... F-It, I Quit.

You will see/hear Charlo Greene explain her views on Marijuana and why she chose to quit her job. She explains why she is for legalization and the confusion between certain substances being legal (that cause more consequences) while others are not. It's about the same argument that we've all heard and the way a lot of us feel about it.

I do not partake myself... but see absolutely no reason why it should not be legalized across the board. It is my opinion that alcohol is far more dangerous than marijuana, yet here we are.

Did she change your mind? How do you feel about her now as opposed to before?
edit on 9/23/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I think she's an attention whore and that's about it.

E2A: I don't think she should have said what she said when she quit and she had this stunt all planned out. It's not like she decided to quit off the top of her head while on TV.
edit on 9/23/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

She's an activist in an era where past and present activists have finally made an impact on the myths and anti-freedom advocates. She will probably now be one of the "faces" of legalization, and be a guest on talk shows in the States during the 2014, 2016, and 2018 election cycles.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

E2A: I don't think she should have said what she said when she quit and she had this stunt all planned out. It's not like she decided to quit off the top of her head while on TV.

Don't hold back OC... Tell us how you really feel.

I agree completely with it being a stunt at this point. She got herself a ton of free advertisement for sure. I can also agree with her cause and views, but think she could have gone about it a bit differently. Of course that would have led to no free advertisement too, so...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
She is hot and she likes the pot.

But, what are those words at end: liberty, freedom, fairness? Is she talking about USA? LOL

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

She's an activist in an era where past and present activists have finally made an impact on the myths and anti-freedom advocates. She will probably now be one of the "faces" of legalization, and be a guest on talk shows in the States during the 2014, 2016, and 2018 election cycles.

Whenever I hear the term activist, I think of this movie:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

That's true. She did get herself into the limelight and that's all she wanted. She'll be on a lot of talk shows because they'll know she is very well spoken from her news casting days.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
She is hot and she likes the pot.

But, what are those words at end: liberty, freedom, fairness? Is she talking about USA? LOL

She was... but she was also high as well.
I'm only teasing. I think.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

She owns, or is running a pot business?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I was following her intently, until I realized she was only talking to other MJ smokers...

But, seriously, she says if we take up the fight and win, it will empower us to move on to other issues we deem important!
My problem with that is, the other things that I deem important, I feel are more so, than legalizing pot...

I have noticed an increased brazenness from users in the past several years. Even before Colorado and others legalized it.
It's interesting, yet very concerning to me, how many young people consider it a way of life, and something to be rather proud of.

In the online gaming community, it seems to be the theme of choice, for so many screen names. But, I never see other illegal drugs touted, at all. GreenFiend, I_GET_BLAZ3D, and bLuNtKiLLeR have all made my friend's list.
But I have never seen other drugs elicit the same infatuation...

IMO, the entire issue lies with the fact that like anything enjoyable, there are some people who can abstain at will and only partake in moderation, and then there are those who cannot! And, when a substance has the potential to cause an individual to become irrational, it should be regulated to some point. Shouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

She owns, or is running a pot business?

She owns the Alaska Cannabis Club.

Their Facebook page states...

The Alaska Cannabis Club connects Medical Marijuana patients in need to Alaskan cardholders with green.

So it appears that she does.

From an article I found online -

Started in April, the Alaska Cannabis Club connects medical marijuana cardholders with other cardholders who are growing cannabis. Growers are offered "donations" as reimbursement for the costs of growing marijuana, the club said in an interview with Alaska Dispatch News in August. The club said it hopes to increase access to medical marijuana patients, despite operating in a legal gray area within Alaska's murky medical marijuana laws.

That link is here: www.adn.com...

I suppose she is probably partaking of her own supply lol.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I think that part of the motivation for this move was to help drum up business. That pings a little bit for me on the immorality meter but not that much. I think that simply dismissing her as an "attention whore" as some posters have done is overly simplistic. She used a very public platform to make a statement and I understand wanting to tweak her employers nose at the same time if she felt censored, which she has alluded to. Although, I admit, I probably wouldn't have done it quite the same way. But then again... It depends upon what they may have said or done along the way.

On that other note, she is a trained and experienced public speaker, she is good at getting attention. If she feels as strongly about this as she seems to, even if part of her motivation is money, she absolutely should use those skills to get that message out that she is trying to convey. I agree with what she is saying. I am glad that there is someone articulate and engaging who is willing to say it very publicly.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

That explains the way she quit her job then. She wants attention and. . . .

edit on 9/23/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Agreed. But I think it would behoove her, to learn how to talk to people, and not to a camera. And, her presentation came off as if she was racing to meet a commercial break!

If she slowed down a bit, (read smoked just a bit more....lol) and enunciated with less harshness, her passion would come through, more clearly...

Talk to us, not at us!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

I have noticed the trend as you have. I think that comes a lot from it becoming more acceptable than other drugs. It's slowly being legalized more and more through the US, so the stigma is slowly disappearing. I have a 16 year old daughter, so I am often sitting on the fence on a lot of issues like this. I have to be honest about that. There are some things I don't mind, but wouldn't like for her to take part in simply because I want to protect her from anything and everything.

I would rather she didn't ever smoke pot, but if I had to choose something, it would be that over alcohol, cigarettes, pills, etc. I personally have never met anyone that was addicted to marijuana, but I also do not know many folks these days that smoke it. I did many years ago though and none of them seemed to have an issue laying off of it when needed.

And you are correct, there are many other issues that could be addressed before this one. It is what it is though and it's going to have to be addressed quicker than those things because people are pushing so hard for it.

There are plenty of things that cause individuals to become irrational and on the legal list of those things is alcohol. Coming from a family filled with alcoholics... I can safely say that I would rather every one of them smoke marijuana than be an alcoholic. As I said above I am a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to regulation. I would go so far as to say everything should be legalized... including prescription medications. It would certainly cut down on the violence associated with much of it and let's just face it.... Nobody doesn't NOT do it because it is illegal. People either do it or not and the law really makes no difference. I don't think tons of folks will just become addicts overnight if things were legalized.

On the other hand, it's not something I would want my daughter to do or my husband. I don't care how other adults choose to spend their time and in a perfect world we wouldn't have these issues at all, but we do. I am interested in cutting out the violence, the dealers, the deaths, etc. if things were legalized they could also be made safer for consumption. It's a double edged sword as far as I'm concerned and something I do struggle with. There are days I lean either way, so I can't argue strongly for one or the other.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

This is exactly why those who are willing to stand up, and put action behind their words and beliefs, seldom get anywhere with the American public. All they ever get is judgement and derision. Getting the attention of the American public is like trying to get the attention of someone who has severe ADD. You can get it, but it won't last a moment.

Why? Because it slapped some people in the face, and got their attention? Of course, she planned it. And if she's sincere, I applaud her! She's got more balls than 99.9% of the American people.

IMHO.

edit on 9/23/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Sounds like you're a bit jealous.

Wishing you could quit your job while simultaneously drumming up attention for your business and cause?

link   
Her acting or singing career better take off cuz she will never work in tv news again.

link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Did she change your mind? How do you feel about her now as opposed to before?

I respect her completely. I'm not sure why people have a problem with her... She's a political activist and she's doing something about it, instead of sitting back and bitching about it like so many of us do...

She had the whole thing planned because she wanted to be successful in her attempt to get a ballot measure passed in her state. She told the truth. And she's being successful. I don't see the problem.

... she is very well spoken from her news casting days.

Maybe she's "very well-spoken" because she's an intelligent and educated woman.

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I suppose she is probably partaking of her own supply lol.

She said, "We smokers...", so yes, she is a smoker. And? What's funny about that?

I agree with redhorse. She's a spokesperson for her political cause. She did what she thought would have the most impact. She wanted to make the news. And she succeeded. I don't see ANYTHING wrong with what she did or how she did it. I think this video is VERY engaging and serious about a serious subject. I guess when people are uncomfortable with a subject, they make jokes and post silly pictures. But I think she is doing an EXCELLENT job! You go, Charlo!

If she feels as strongly about this as she seems to, even if part of her motivation is money, she absolutely should use those skills to get that message out that she is trying to convey. I agree with what she is saying. I am glad that there is someone articulate and engaging who is willing to say it very publicly.

edit on 9/23/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

More and more I do believe you are correct. On their facebook page, the followers were instructed to tune into the news that night. I was going to link to it, but thought better of it. IF anyone wants to see it, they can find a link to it in my post above where I posted the article concerning her ownership of the club.

She'll probably get it too. She or someone else has already started a indiegogo campaign as well. I won't link to that either. I want my thread to exist. I'm all for the cause and hope she will reinvest the money to "grow" her business and work towards legalization.

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Oh, come on BH... There's been a running gag about folks partaking in their own supply for as long as people have actually been partaking in their own supply.

You could not have possibly missed the humor in that.

edit on 9/23/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join