It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS, Goodbye Lurking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have been lurking for a couple of months now, I was actually drawn into this site by a thread about primitive living and within it I read a lot of opinions that were very congruent (at least on a surface level) with the ideologies that I hold dear to me. This evolved into me doing quite a bit of digging around on this site, and I can say for certain that I feel like contributing what I can to this forum.

With the way things are going right now, and how often I see something horrible being talked about, and how commonly I see someone giving advice that equates to "Duck, and Cover!", I have to admit that it is a bit scary, if not downright terrifying to some degree. I have been all over this country, mostly in ghettos since my parents were so poor growing up, and I have seen both the best and the worst of the oppressed and disadvantaged American citizen, and it just becomes something that you get tired of looking at and seeing. But I sense that I am beginning to digress.

It is a sort of a goal of mine to have as broad of a prospective as possible when looking at life, and I hope that by coming here and discussing and debating with you folks that I can garner insight and better understand the beautiful tragedy of the human condition. My posting skills aren't very l33t, so hopefully you excuse me if I seem a bit incoherent and the formatting is weird. I have very little idea of what I am doing.

Put with brevity in mind: Hello my brothers and sisters, I hope to get to know each one of you as best as I can!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Welcome to the jungle. We got fun and games. Nice intro too, you are going to fit right in. Be sure and check the rules and terms and conditions. You aren't able to post a thread until you have 20 replies but that goes so very fast! I hope to see you around!
George Zip

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MrJack

WIlkommen, bienvenu, welcome, dah-dah-da-da-da. You sound a tad too sane and intact, she said with a slight cackle. Never mind. If you use words like congruent and know what it means, then your ATS adventure will prove to be interesting. One thing for certain though: Here you learn how water rolls off a duck's back, if nothing else. Hope you enjoy your stay. (It's past my bedtime, forgive my incoherent ramble.) A mod will be by soon. Be sure to read the T&Cs as it will save you a lot of questions. See you in the forums!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: georgezip

Nothing like being greeted by GnR

I am sure I will get 20 in no time at all.
Thanks for such a warm welcome!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Welcome, glad you finally joined the ATS family!!

Sometimes the ride can be bumpy, just hold on tight and keep arms in at all times

As with all families, siblings argue and fuss but don't be lured into the troll's web
Some of the discussions--depending on topic-- can get a little heated, just mind the T&C's and you'll do just fine

Hope to see you around the board
Here's some munchies for you to eat as you wander the forums

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask

Need help navigating the site, just click onto the 'Help with ATS 5.3' link at the bottom of my sig

Have fun and enjoy!!

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I have already prepared myself as best I can for all the profound, unsubstantiated redundancies my fellow ATS users have to offer. Otherwise, I can only hope it will be fun and that I don't get too many boo-boos

I have the T&C open in another tab as a write this, but Danke!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I tried to insert a picture of a walrus looking really excited, but I mucked it up.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrJack

I tried to insert a picture of a walrus looking really excited, but I mucked it up.

Thanks!

Have no fear, you can't muck it up!! LOL

There are size regulations and you can click onto the 'Avatar Needs' banner at the bottom of my sig & ask for help, which I'm currently on stand-by being as my fellow Avatar ATSer's are in a different time zone

On the very first page gives you the size but if you need further help, just send us a reply stating what you need

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Ok, I should be fast asleep but it's one of those nights. Instead I've been hunting on the internet and figured that your avatar is close to Anatolian Lycian letter e or maybe an ancient Greek letter. However, one side is flattened, so I am probably out to lunch. Care to enlighten me on what it really means? A stylized elevator UP sign? Oh Lord, I need to sleep!

edit on 23-9-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS.

I hope you took your shoes off in the foyer, because I just mopped the floor.

You will enjoy your stay at ATS I'm sure. As others have stated... It can get bumpy at times, you just have to learn how to ride it out. Most people can do so with no problems, so you'll do fine.

Oh... And don't be dropping any of that dried out donut glaze on ma floors either...

edit on 9/23/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Welcome to the place where subject matter is never taken at face value.
Everything is questionable, but the civility in your approach to support or deny such, is important to getting your point of view being productive. Not and easy task, but certainly the best advise I could give.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Oh... And don't be dropping any of that dried out donut glaze on ma floors either..

That's what the dog is for...*snickers*

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Haha, well I JUST changed it

But this is just a poorly colored version of the Tiwaz rune, which is representational of the Norse god Tyr, Deity of justice and heroic glory. He is probably the only left handed god that I know of, using his right hand to bait the devourer of worlds, Fenrir, so that he could be bound and imprisoned. I have always valued what he symbolized, so I like to display it.

To be fair, I have seen it used as an elevator arrow before, although I doubt it is intentional.

My current avatar has significantly less meaning, assuming it has any whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Sparky no!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I brought my own Mop and Bucket

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Such could be said about life itself, but nonetheless very relevant and important.

I appreciate the welcome, see you around on the forums.
edit on 23-9-2014 by MrJack because: typo

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS! Glad you decided to become a member!

See you around

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Saving that pic

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

It good to see you've joined our Happy Tin Foil Hate Band,,,,, But Remember Where You Are,,,,,,

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

But this is just a poorly colored version of the Tiwaz rune, which is representational of the Norse god Tyr, Deity of justice and heroic glory. He is probably the only left handed god that I know of, using his right hand to bait the devourer of worlds, Fenrir, so that he could be bound and imprisoned. I have always valued what he symbolized, so I like to display it.

To be fair, I have seen it used as an elevator arrow before, although I doubt it is intentional.

My current avatar has significantly less meaning, assuming it has any whatsoever.

Just for fun, here's one take on your left handed God Tyr

The trick for using long avi's is found here... [instructions on how to apply]

Remember, if you have any special requests, just ask us at the Avatar Creation thread

top topics

<<   2 >>

join