It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Marchers Leave Trail of Trash EVERYWHERE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I see a picture with some coffee cups and cans not on the street but on top of a mail box where it can easily be seen and picked up by sanitation workers as most likely the trash cans are full.

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is of no worth whatsoever,
"About Greg Campbell

A former contributor for The Oregon Commentator, a conservative journal of opinion, Greg is the Chief Political Analyst and Correspondent for The Tea Party News Network and a regular contributor for RightWing News. Greg is an unapologetic defender of Constitutional principles and the free-market system."

The author is possessed by nutbaggedness. To think that he would not saw his way into viewpoint complaining about trash in NYC to counter ENVIRONMENTAL COLLAPSE is liking to thinking a child will not eat all of his Halloween candy at once.

Like a child and the positive posters herein, you will kick and scream until you get your nasty little ways.

The sheer number of people both frighten (T-baggers claim to fame!) and concern those who think that if we just went back to when the darkies knew their place, everything will be fine.

If a comparison could be made: Imagine that the NYC sanitation department actually planned for this. It would look no worse than a concert in the park's aftermath. They didn't poop in the street. They left trash because there was no place to put it. Not uncommon when a 1/4 million or more people show up.

Matter of fact, how come you didn't use Woodstock photos.

I have nothing but scorn for your opinions positing that this march somehow was made irrelevant by human detritus. It's why the march was held. To make us all accountable to the commons. (Place lots of ad hominem baloney here. much as this is being done on this posting. To tarnish the people who think and then do, who reply to the most pressing of long term issues, is self mutilation.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

Exactly... BS born of fear.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
a reply to: Kali74

Don't assume what I would or wouldn't say, for one. And, two . . .sure, let the city pay for it after you're done bitching that everyone else doesn't take care of the Earth after tossing your garbage everywhere. It's not hard to hold on to your cup like the poster above said, or any of your trash for that matter, until you can find a trash can that's not full. Or take it with you and throw it out. Oh, but that's an inconvenience, poor protesters. Stop making excuses.

Don't go telling me you're worried about the Earth and then trash it and let someone else pick it up. Hypocrite.

This was such a good response to the hypocrite that you were responding to...that i just had to re-iterate it for you.
I felt it needed to be stated again and again...........................and again...

YouSir
edit on 23-9-2014 by YouSir because: I missed an "e".

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
I see a picture with some coffee cups and cans not on the street but on top of a mail box where it can easily be seen and picked up by sanitation workers as most likely the trash cans are full.

Peace

You obviously have selective reading then. Because the twitter urls and the article show more than that. And, that's one source. It's nice to know that you don't mind other people picking up after you though.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

I'm not kicking and screaming. I'm on a message board posting a rant. Would you like me to come to your house and protest, then leave all my trash on your front stoop?

The sheer number of protesters? Who is saying anything about what they're protesting for is negative? Your rant is ridiculous and you're more worried about political BS than the actual thread.

I said "They come to the city to complain about the climate and the state of the planet, yet throw trash all over the place. How can you support a subject enough to protest all day and then decimate the surrounding areas, where people who live there have to deal with, with trash and garbage."

Is that not straight forward enough for you?

E2A: If the source is what's bothering you, I can probably dig up 10 more from other news stations that are both left, right and middle.
edit on 9/23/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

How am I a hypocrite when I wasn't even there? Further how exactly is trash piled up near barrels any kind of hypocrisy? The sanitation dept comes along after and picks it up. It's just whining because you lot have nothing else to bitch about regarding it, and 400k people challenges your echo chamber.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

How am I a hypocrite when I wasn't even there? Further how exactly is trash piled up near barrels any kind of hypocrisy? The sanitation dept comes along after and picks it up. It's just whining because you lot have nothing else to bitch about regarding it, and 400k people challenges your echo chamber.

And, guess what's not visible in ONE of these pictures? The "protesters". I guess they all went home and who cares about cleaning up. Right. Really, trying to save the earth now aren't we.

"Do As I Say, Not As I Do" Crowd!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Peace

You obviously have selective reading then. Because the twitter urls and the article show more than that. And, that's one source. It's nice to know that you don't mind other people picking up after you though.

Nah,

I was looking thru the pics to see if I might be able to spot someone like yourself..I could only find them on the sidelines, not contributing but rather heckling those that were actually trying to say something.

But you're here typing away and doing your Duty to bring these criminals out...Not even close.

Ok then

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Peace

Nah,

I was looking thru the pics to see if I might be able to spot someone like yourself..I could only find them on the sidelines, not contributing but rather heckling those that were actually trying to say something.

But you're here typing away and doing your Duty to bring these criminals out...Not even close.

Ok then

Your response is rather childish and I'll leave it at that.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

It's childish to call out childish behavior?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If I was a NYPW employee I'd be pissed. I was looking forward to all that overtime and..... nope.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Faux environmentalism.

What a perfect example of how the mainstream environmental movement is totally ignorant of how their everyday actions are in utter contradiction of their stated cause.

You hit the nail squarely on the head. This is why people hate environmentalists, not because people hate the environment, but the vast vast majority of environmentalists are total complete hypocrites. They want everyone else to sacrifice and suffer, but they refuse to actually live the life they preach.

If someone claims to care about the environment there is ZERO excuse for leaving trash ANYWHERE. You can keep it on your person until you get home. If you claim to care about the environment and then walk by trash without doing anything, there is zero excuse.

These people are just hypocrites like the vast majority of people standing behind any sort of "cause"

Remember Kony 2012?

LoL

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Wow... Kali, seriously do some self awareness classes or something, do you read the stuff you post here?

It's OK because the sanitation department picks it up anyway? What kind of logic is that? So you are an environmentalist but you think littering is OK? Why is it always someone else responsibility?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

No I don't think littering is okay. This wasn't littering. You've obviously never been to a major event in a big city before.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Believe it or not but this would fall under the tourism budget. All those people went there. Had rooms. Ate. Took cabs. Etc. They left the city with more money than what it took to clean it up. I was surprised it wasn't much messier.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Thanks for publicizing the march. I didn't even know about it.

These pictures were probably taken before the clean up crew came in... So, trash cans are full and people piled their trash outside the can... What's the problem? ONLY right-wing news sources are reporting on the trash. LOL!

ANY organized march of this size is going to leave a LOT of garbage. They know this and have people to clean up afterward. Lame rant, IMO...

So people come to this rally specifically because they want to show they care about the environment.

Then they trash it, and expect SOMEONE ELSE to clean it up?

That's par for the course with these types, and if you can't see the blatant Hypocrisy and arrogance then there's no helping you.

Why could they simply not take it home with them? Why are they consuming things that make so much waste and trash in the first place if they care about such things?

Maybe my problem is I expect integrity out of every last person in this country, and you are severely lacking in integrity when you march all day saying you care about the environment, and then cannot be bothered to actually take care of your own trash.

How can you not see the Hypocrisy? Are you still viewing the world through red/blue tinted glasses or what?

Grow. Up.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

No I don't think littering is okay. This wasn't littering. You've obviously never been to a major event in a big city before.

Obviously.

Is there some sort of magical effect in place that stops people from holding onto their trash at these big events?

This is not just ANY event, this is an event specifically about the environment, and then it's shown little care (because it's someone elses problem)

Why can these people simply not just hold onto their trash? It's NOT difficult, at all.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Believe it or not but this would fall under the tourism budget. All those people went there. Had rooms. Ate. Took cabs. Etc. They left the city with more money than what it took to clean it up. I was surprised it wasn't much messier.

I'm not really sure what money has to do with this, if a person claims they care for the environment the easiest thing they could do is simply be in control of their waste.

Refusing to control your waste while making a big stink about other people is blatant hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Unless you have a massive amount of people with limited receptacles. What do you recommend when they have exhausted the local units. Maybe even carried away what they could? Not eat or drink?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join