It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Marchers Leave Trail of Trash EVERYWHERE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
They are blind followers of the climate change religion so if it aint climate it doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
A few pictures of over-flowing trash barrels and piles of signs that in one of the pictures people are working to clean up? Quite a case you have there... or not so much. Really not too bad at all for 400k people.

lol

Of course they want to clean up their piles of signs, they need them to make a mess at the next rally. Really not that bad for 400K people? Then when they come to your town and make a mess tell me that it's not really that bad.
edit on 9/23/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

I gave a star but couldn't flag for some reason. I know I would be upset if protestors came to my town and left trash all over, no matter how many there were.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yes not bad, if you've ever been to a large parade or event in a big city where tens of thousands of people (again this was hundreds of thousands) the trash barrels overflow and are taken care of immediately after, its something to see for sure, two hours after people clear out you'd never even know anything had gone on. This is cheap and petty nonsense. You can't say you'd like to see them gunned down in the street so you resort to this.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Don't assume what I would or wouldn't say, for one. And, two . . .sure, let the city pay for it after you're done bitching that everyone else doesn't take care of the Earth after tossing your garbage everywhere. It's not hard to hold on to your cup like the poster above said, or any of your trash for that matter, until you can find a trash can that's not full. Or take it with you and throw it out. Oh, but that's an inconvenience, poor protesters. Stop making excuses.

Don't go telling me you're worried about the Earth and then trash it and let someone else pick it up. Hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
I'm beginning to believe some people are so lost in life they'll support any cause with little regard for anything but being a part of something.

You hit the nail on the head, here--these types of emotion-fed movements prey upon those who want nothing more in life than to just be a part of something. They base their ideology on something that makes sense, but then use illegal and sometimes violent tactics to get their point across, all why hypocritically affecting the environment in a negative way.

The same goes for all kinds of things--the feminists movement, civil rights rallies, anti-bullying rallies, the Nobel Peace prize...

Don't get me wrong--I don't think all participants are bad or malevolent by nature, but when they get enveloped by that mob mentality, things often get out of control quickly. At the very least, the participants in this Greenpeace march could have carried their own trashbags and taken them home, or put up recycling bins along the proposed route.

Hypocrisy is everywhere in modern movements, which really invalidates what the movements are all about. Occupy Wallstreet is the prime example of this type of behavior.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The most critical argument concerning this authority led political trend of climate activism is that it wafts of humans trying to play God. There is a control freak element and a kind of fascism at work; an attempt at controlling human behaviour by humans.

I do not trust the motives behind this movement. I think there is a sinister manipulation fuelling this as a means to tax companies and people by stealth in the form of the carbon tax. I can bet you that carbon emissions are going to become the talk of the global town and legislation will be heavily manifestoed and forced upon us all. A lucky few will reap the spoils. Al Gore was the original blue print for this. Notice how the Rockefellers have just pulled out of investment in fossil fuels. Notice how this coincided with the climate marches. Again, notice how that is coinciding with the forthcoming climate summit. Are you seeing a pattern yet? These huge investors know something we don't and you can bet the profiteering will still continue in another guise; carbon billionaires!

If all climate destructive behaviour ended today after a very short time indeed the Earth would dispel the miniscule morsel of extra heat and a little excess carbon dioxide. Think what heat the Earth has to deal with daily being thrust upon us by that great big ball of gas we call the Sun.

There is an International political agenda being played out here with encouragement of this ever so manufactured climate change movement.

I tell you who the real unsung heroes of ecology are. They are your cabin in the woods type hunter who uses candles and log fires. They are the nearest thing we will ever get to natural living. These middle class, gadget consuming, car driving kids are just the manipulated army of the authorities and their latest intentions.

edit on 23-9-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Thanks for publicizing the march. I didn't even know about it.

These pictures were probably taken before the clean up crew came in... So, trash cans are full and people piled their trash outside the can... What's the problem? ONLY right-wing news sources are reporting on the trash. LOL!

ANY organized march of this size is going to leave a LOT of garbage. They know this and have people to clean up afterward. Lame rant, IMO...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I don't think you bothered to read the thread as your questions have been answered multiple times.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So we have protesters. We have trash.

And the "excuse" is: the area was not ready for them? or "the trash bins were full" ??

I take it that those that decided to leave their trash behind (even if it was "next to" a trashcan), were never taught Leave No Trace?

As a registered adult leader in the BSA, I, along with my fellow leaders, teach this to both the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts.

"Leave the place as you found it or better. Disturb as little as you can. The only thing you should "take" when you leave is: pictures."

At the beginning of every hike, every camp out, we start with our Leave No Trace reminders. Leave NO trash. Pick up any trash you find, even if it's not yours. If you're hiking, stay on the trail. Leave the trail only to get a piece of trash, and only under adult supervision. Do not damage the plants. Do not destroy habitats. Do not pick up "keep sakes" like rocks, etc. For a fire, use ONLY the dead wood that is on the ground.

At the end of each camp out, we sweep the area after we are packed up, gather any trash (including some that was there when we got there), and we take it with us to be disposed of properly.

We do not just do this for hikes and camp outs. We also do it for any type of outings (like a visit to a museum, a re-enactment, etc).

Does not matter if you believe in AGW or not. We teach the boys to be the best stewards of our planet.

I'm appalled to see ANYONE in this thread say it's "okay" to leave trash next to the trash can.

No.

If there is no room in the trash can: THEN TAKE THE TRASH WITH YOU TO DISPOSE OF PROPERLY!!!.

Better yet: STOP USING THROW AWAY ITEMS!. Use a water bottle that you can refill, with a back pack to carry extra waters, and then also use the back pack to carry your trash away.

There is NO excuse for NOT practicing Leave No Trace.

None at all.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Lame rant, IMO...

Yes... yes it is.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Has anyone really ever wondered on an individual level just the extent of waste that each of us produce? Just imagine what you throw out each week, not recycling, and then multiply that 50 million times then multiply that for each week all that trash is picked up. Human societies at this time are unresourceful, wasteful beings. Manufacturing everything for a 'comfortable life' which comes in pretty convenient boxes only to be disposed of comes at a cost. Everyones a hypocrite; stating your observations of hypocrisy doesn't make you immune to personal ignorance. Humble yourself because each of us plays a role in how we treat the earth we live on. Some may think because they live in concrete jungles they are not responsible for the ground they walk on.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Your post was perfect and I wish I could star it 10 times.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Lame rant, IMO...

Yes... yes it is.

No..No, it is not.

I'm sure you wouldn't mind if people came to your place of living, trashed it, and left? You would be thinking otherwise. I can't believe the obtuse thinking some of you exhibit. For a "writer", your input in this thread is ridiculous. 4 words? Great Job Buddy. I gave you a green star for effort.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jvm222
Has anyone really ever wondered on an individual level just the extent of waste that each of us produce? Just imagine what you throw out each week, not recycling, and then multiply that 50 million times then multiply that for each week all that trash is picked up. Human societies at this time are unresourceful, wasteful beings. Manufacturing everything for a 'comfortable life' which comes in pretty convenient boxes only to be disposed of comes at a cost. Everyones a hypocrite; stating your observations of hypocrisy doesn't make you immune to personal ignorance. Humble yourself because each of us plays a role in how we treat the earth we live on. Some may think because they live in concrete jungles they are not responsible for the ground they walk on.

What you say is true. People should consider their individual impact upon the environment. I think about it a lot and have been quite successful by concentrating on my own behaviour. I don't drive a car, I eat very little meat, I only throw out a small bag of garbage each week and that little bag is still getting smaller as I learn.

However, we forget who is really boss. Man, we are all at the mercy of brutal nature. Human beings are nature. The universe made us just like it made the trees, out of the same raw materials, too. Nature has ways of dealing with us beyond anything we may imagine. We are still very much at the mercy of this bio dome Earth.

What this thread is throwing up is that there is a hypocrisy manifest in the climate change movement. There is an ulterior motive in terms of financial speculation.

Look at what is being done daily in terms of bombing and killing people, chemical weapons use and scorching the Earth in so many ways.

The carbon tax penalty is just about to be applied. This will be paid for by you an I in our grocery bills, utility bills and upon everything we purchase.

I suggest that we will see only slight change in human behaviour in terms of budgeting, but there will be a whole new franchise in carbon shares trading and some are going to make billions out of it.

I do not think it is going to save the planet. The planet will save itself by dealing with us accordingly with its own method of population control.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
I'm not supporting the trash, but i'll bet ya those trash bins are full, and if the arrangers of this march hasn't provided for extra trash bins, well, there is really nothing else to do than place it near the trash bins, and hope the arrangers at least provided a clean up team.

It is a waste of resources though, especially from this kind of march.

Here is an idea. TAKE IT BACK HOME WITH YOU AND DISCARD IT PROPERLY!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Yes not bad, if you've ever been to a large parade or event in a big city where tens of thousands of people (again this was hundreds of thousands) the trash barrels overflow and are taken care of immediately after, its something to see for sure, two hours after people clear out you'd never even know anything had gone on. This is cheap and petty nonsense. You can't say you'd like to see them gunned down in the street so you resort to this.

Thats like talking about an Anti-Rape rally of 400K people and saying...hey, there were only 5 sexual assaults...not too bad.
edit on 9/23/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

400.000 people, and they all used the same trash bin

edit on 23-9-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Thanks for publicizing the march. I didn't even know about it.

These pictures were probably taken before the clean up crew came in... So, trash cans are full and people piled their trash outside the can... What's the problem? ONLY right-wing news sources are reporting on the trash. LOL!

ANY organized march of this size is going to leave a LOT of garbage. They know this and have people to clean up afterward. Lame rant, IMO...

LAME response too! If you're going to go to a rally to protest to support the health of the Earth...clean up your own crap. If you can't take your own Starbucks cup home...don't ask others to go to extremes to support your view.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

400.000 people, and they all used the same trash bin

Simple. Take it home. You bring a bag to pick up your dog's crap, bring one to carry your own back to where you came from. Or...is that too difficult? And if so...stop asking others to do difficult things that YOU want. Especially over a lie designed to further control the populace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join