It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meth smoking Monk - busted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Monks arrested for smoking crystal meth in their sacred pagoda

Pich David, 36, and Chan Bunna, 19, charged with drug use and defrocked Crack pipe, alcohol and condoms found in David's room in police raid Buddhist monks are banned from taking drugs, drinking and having sex
linkie

Times are tough all over. Maybe the monks were freaking out because the way that the earth is going, there won't be anything left to reincarnate back to(?)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

Addiction knows no class distinction. That being said, Cambodian monks haven't enjoyed the same the holy reputation that, oh, I don't know, say the Tibetan monks. I have a friend whose son died from AIDS that she claims he got when he was 12, while in the care of Cambodian monks. She was in Vietnam for the filming of "Platoon", a movie she worked on, and deeply regrets having taken her son along.

edit on 22-9-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm glad immorality among the ranks of all religions are finally being addressed. Corruption entangles even the purest soul. It isn't exclusive to Christians, Jews and Muslims. It's in every system.

Reminds me of the monk who was photographed in an expensive private jet. S + F

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would Not have been shocked if it had said Marijuana pipe, But Meth, man thats just not cool. Meth Monk even got arrested for Condoms, Imagine being the girl the Monk was hitting on, lol If he had done so.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Just because a person is bald, wears a monk's robe, and lives in a temple does not mean anything.

I once had a Tibetan 'monk' in another country come up to me and say, "I am a monk, give me money." I said "no". He said "Why not?" I said "your no monk, monks do not accept money."

This is true. Precepts for Theravada Buddhist monks are that they do not accept, posses, or handle money. So if you see one pan handling, you can be sure that he is phony.
edit on 22-9-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Maybe it was his day off
and there could be a very good reason for the condom
very handy for keeping things dry while crossing a river - ye right

bad karma dude he will pay in the next life

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Yea, he was having a "sick day". I would think he will be excommunicated soon, hopefully.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I guess they don't have freedom of religion; and the government must own their bodies, if they can be arrested for what they put in their own bodies.
edit on 25-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

This is just completely off kilter.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Meth huh.He could prob meditate for days no problem lol and probably wasn't too hard to fast either

top topics

join